XXII

Chapter twenty two

•Romeo•

I wake up, immediately remembering all events from last night, leaving a small smile on my face. I look down to my chest, seeing Morgan pushed up against me, fast asleep. As much as I'd love to not go to work today, some things have gone wrong with a few shipments and as the leader, I have to go take care of it. 

Slowly, I lift Morgan's head from my chest, slipping out from underneath her, careful not to wake her up. I think of sending her a text however, I realise she left her phone in her room, so I grab my notepad from my bedside drawer and write her a note, letting her know that I've gone to work.  

I make my way to my bathroom, turning the shower on so it's ready for when I get in. Morgan's still asleep when I walk out to get my clothes, and when I go back into the bathroom to shower.

I shower as quick as I can, then I get out and get changed, brushing my teeth in the process. When I walk out, Morgan is sitting against the headboard playing on my phone. She jumps a little when she sees me, squealing slightly. "You scared me".

"Is that mine?" I point to the phone as I fix my hair in the mirror.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Mine's in my room and I didn't wanna go get it", she smiles adorably at me.

"Did you see my note?" I ask. She nods, too engrossed in the game. "It's Brooke's birthday tomorrow—", I start, but she cuts me off by squealing and throwing my phone onto the bed.

"Sorry, I died. What were you saying?" I chuckle at her.

"It's Brooke's birthday tomorrow so we're all going to my parents house and, of course, she wants you to come", I turn away from the mirror to face her.

"Yay okay. I'll go shopping today and buy her some presents", she says, excitedly.

"Here", I grab my wallet out of my pocket, throwing her my card. "Use it".

"What no, I can't spend your money", I walk over to the bed.

"Yes you can, I want you to", I lean over the bed to grab my phone. "Bye", I kiss her cheek before leaving.

As I'm walking down the hall, I see Parker's light on and his door open. I walk over there, knocking before I enter. "Hey Parker, are you sure you don't need a lift to school?" I ask. He insists on taking the bus or walking, even though we leave at the same time and I could easily give him a ride.

"Thanks but I'm fine walking", he says, grabbing his bag.

"Alright, but you're going to get a ride home with Max today because he's bringing Megan over here", I inform him. He nods as we both make our way downstairs.