Bonus chapter 2

this bonus chapter will only make sense if you've read the alternative ending btw :)

Bonus no.2

•Romeo•

Romeo•

3 years later

"Max", I whisper into the phone as I walk into the bathroom. "I'm freaking out", I pace back and forth in the en-suite, careful not to wake Morgan.

"Dude", he groans. "It's 6am".

"Yeah, sorry. I—I—".

"Go back to sleep", he tells me.

"But—".

He cuts me off, repeating, "go back to sleep".

Groaning, I agree. He says goodbye and I hang up, making my way back into the bedroom. "Babe?" Morgans soft voice startles me as I crawl in beside her.

"Yeah?"

"What were you doing?"

"Max called and I didn't want to wake you", I lie...sort of.

"Is he okay? Is Ava okay?" Max and Ava are still together, and going strong. Ava's now heavily pregnant and is due any day now.

"Yeah, babe, they're fine", my arm wraps around her, pulling her closer until we hear cries from the other room. Groaning internally, I stop Morgan from getting up, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I'll go".

"Thanks", she lays back down, pulling the blanket further up her body.

"Hey, little man", I walk into Luca's room, picking him up. "Why are you crying?"

"I have a bad dream", for a two—almost three—year old, he can put together sentences pretty well, however he still messes up on certain letters and words.

"You had a nightmare?" He nods, clutching my shoulder. "Do you wanna come lay with me and mama?" He nods again. "Alright, let's go".

"Hey, baby", Morgan opens her arms for him to crawl into. "What's wrong?" He doesn't answer, just snuggles into her embrace.

"He had a nightmare", I tell her as I retake my place on the bed. She ruffles his small amount of hair on his head as he falls back to sleep in her arms.

"What are we going to do today?"

I clear my throat before answering, "I have a surprise for you".