XXI

Chapter twenty one

•Morgan•

It's been a few days and I'm finally feeling better. The rashes have gone, as well as my cold and throat infection. Eventually, after a lot of persuading, I made Romeo go back to work as he insisted of staying home incase I'm allergic to anything else. I ensured him that I'm only allergic to penicillin, and if I start feeling ill again, I'd let him know.

It's lunch time now, and I'm sitting at the island, watching as Will makes me some food. I don't know what days he works, but when he's here, he makes me food and when he's not, I make my own. As I'm waiting, my phone starts to ring, Max's name flashing on the screen. "Hey Max", I say, walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Hey Morgan, um—Megan just called me and said she's worried about Parker. She said he just started freaking out, and now he won't talk to anybody. He's sitting on the floor by his locker but she's going to try and get him to go to the nurses office before lunch ends", he informs me. "She asked me to call you because she doesn't have your number".

"Oh my god", I mumble, mostly to myself. "Thank you, Max. I'm gonna go pick him up and bring him back home. Are you with Romeo?" I grab my keys, informing Will before I leave.

"Yeah, he's in his office. Do you want me to go tell him?"

"No thanks, knowing him he will insist on picking him up because he doesn't want me to leave the house", I chuckle, pulling out of the driveway. "Alright, I'm driving now so I gotta go. Thanks again, bye", I say, hanging up.

The drive to his school isn't too far. It's sort of in between Max's house and Romeo's. I get there as quick as I can, finding a space in the parking lot. "Excuse me, where's the office?" I ask the janitor as I walk in. He points over to a door across the hall. "Thank you", I make my way over there, walking up to the desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The lady asks.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up Parker Jones".

"May I ask why?" She begins to write something down.

"Uh, he has a dentist appointment", I pretend to check my watch. "And it's soon so—", before I can finish, someone comes into the office.

"Morgan you're here", Megan says. "Come with me, he's in the nurses office. Thanks miss!" She pulls me out of the room, taking me down the hall to the nurses office.

"What happened?" I ask her.

"I don't know. He just, sort of, spaced out, so I waved in front of his face then he looked all freaked out and got up and left", she opens the door to the nurses office.

"Hey", I say, softly. Parker's sitting on the side of the bed, staring down at the floor. "You wanna talk about it?" He shakes his head. "Come on, let's go", he jumps off of the bed, finally looking up to meet my eyes. He looks tired, and like he's trying to hold back his tears. I reach my arms out, as if asking if he wants a hug. He walks into my arms, leaning his head on my shoulder. "Let's go", I whisper to him. He nods, wiping his eyes and walking out ahead of me.