XXXVIII

Chapter thirty eight

•Romeo•

"Woah", Max barges in...again. "Dude, get your hand out of her pants".

I groan, loudly. "Why do you just barge in everywhere?" He shrugs, taking a seat on one of the chairs at the end of my room. Morgan's asleep on top of me, with her hoodie riding up her back and my hand in the back of her sweatpants. I move my hand to pull down her hoodie, careful not to wake her up. "What do you want?"

"Came to get a ride to work 'cause my car's in the shop", he takes out his phone and starts scrolling through.

"What about the others?" I run a hand through my messy hair.

"My uncle's coming round so my mom told me to leave the cars because he likes to look at them", he rolls his eyes, putting quotations around 'look at them'.

"How did you get here then?"

"I walked", I snort.

"You walked?"

"Yeah", he nods, nonchalantly. Well, I did get one of those bike things you pick up on the side of the road", I chuckle, shaking my head at him.

"You're crazy", I tell him.

"I'm not, I just—", he pauses. Morgan begins to stir in her sleep, turning her head to face me.

"Sorry, did we wake you?" She shakes her head, mumbling some incoherent words before falling back to sleep.

"Yeah anyway, I'm gonna go downstairs and get some food. You need to get ready", he points at me before leaving.

"Is he gone?" Morgan mumbles against my bare chest.

"Yeah", I play with her hair.

"Can't we just stay here today?" She groans.

"I really have to go to work today, I'm sorry", she opens her eyes as she stretches. "But what if I take you on a date tonight?"

"Hm?" She rests her chin on my chest. "Okay", her head moves as she speaks, her chin still pressed to my chest. "Why don't we just stay in, tonight? We don't have to go out for a date, we can just lay here and watch a movie", she suggests.

"But we always just lay here and watch a movie", I retort, running my hand up and down her back. "We could go out to eat, then come back to watch a movie?"

"No", she whines. "Let's just order pizza and watch a movie in the theatre room".

"Yeah?"

"Yeah", she nods, planting her hands on my chest to get up. "I'm getting in the shower", she walks into the bathroom.

"Be quick", I tell her.

"You could always join me", she calls out from inside the bathroom.

"Max is downstairs", I call back.