XXIV

Chapter twenty four

•Morgan•

Diana and I talked for a while; we ended up losing track of time and before we knew it, people starting arriving.

Brooke is now awake and running all over the garden with her friends, Romeo is sitting next to me as I talk to his mother, and Max is flirting with one of the kids' mothers.

I haven't seen Manuel, Romeo's dad, at all since I've been here, which I'm honestly thankful for. I've only met him once, but that one time he was very rude.. and scary. My thoughts are interrupted by the loud ring of the doorbell. "That's for me", Romeo stands, putting his phone in his pocket. He soon walks back out with a large box, "hey Raf, come help me please", he calls his brother over.

"What is that?" I walk over to them.

"It's a unicorn that you can sit on and it moves", he tells me, as he and Raf bring it outside.

"So, a rocking horse, but a unicorn?" I ask, slowly.

"No, it doesn't rock, it has wheels", he says as they put it down.

"I swear, if this breaks something in my house", Raf starts, staring at his brother, blankly.

"Relax, it won't. It works outside, but just make sure you keep it inside when it rains".

"Is that for me?" Brooke exclaims.

"Yeah", Raf says as he picks her up.

"What is it? Can I open it?" She wriggles in her dads arms.

"Not yet, bunny. You gotta wait 'till later", he says to her.

"Okay!" She gets out of Raf's arms, running back to the bouncy house. I leave Romeo and Raf as they talk, making my way back over to the table I was previously at. Suddenly, Max comes over, groaning as he takes a seat next to me.

"I take it flirting with all the women didn't go so well?" I tease.

"They're all either married, have a boyfriend or they're not looking for a relationship", he mocks.

"I think they were all excuses to, you know, get away from you", I tease.

"Whatever", he leans his head back. "I'm gonna go get a drink, you want one?"

"I'll come with you", I stand as we make our way over to the kitchen.

"Hey you two, what do you need?" Diana asks as we walk into the kitchen.

"We just came to get some drinks", Max walks over to the fridge, grabbing a can of sprite. "What do you want?" He turns to me.

"I'm good, thanks. I just came in here to take a walk", I chuckle, slightly.