XLIII

Chapter forty three

•Morgan•

"Babe", Romeo stands on the opposite side of the kitchen counter, looking at me seriously. "Are you sure you're okay with a bunch of 20-odd year old men—whom most of which you don't know—coming over tonight? Because I will happily tell them to get lost", I give him a pointed look. "Or I'll just politely tell them to take the party elsewhere", he got home from work not even 20 minutes ago and he's already begging me to tell him his friends can't come over. To his house, might I add.

"You'll have fun", I assure him.

He sighs, dramatically. "Fine".

"Good. Now go get dressed", he trudges off to our room while I finish cleaning the kitchen. I told Will to take the day off today as the boys are most likely going to order food.

I got back from my parents house an hour ago, which left me cleaning for an hour until Romeo got back. Now I've finished, I go to join him in our room, just to see him laying on his face on the bed. "If you really don't want them here, you can just tell them to go somewhere else, you know. You don't need my approval", I tell him.

"No", he groans. "I'll let them come", he rolls over onto his back, holding his arms out for me. I crawl onto the bed, straddling him as he pulls me down to press his lips to mine. Before it can go any further, the doorbell rings. "Maybe if we ignore them, they'll go away", he mumbles, just as the door opens and closes.

"Put your clothes on and get down here!" Max yells. Romeo makes the sound of a dying cat being swallowed by a dying sea lion. I roll off of him, pushing him off the bed.

"Go", I gesture for him to leave, but he just turns to stare at me blankly.

"You're coming with me", he tells me.

"No, they're your friends, I don't know them".

"I don't care", he walks over to me, throwing me over his shoulder and taking me downstairs.

"Let me go", I laugh continuously, hitting his back. He takes me into the kitchen and puts me down.

"Look who decided to show up", Max jokes, taking a bunch of beers out of the fridge while also putting in some more. Three other guys stand around, looking over at me in shock.

"Um, hi", I wave, awkwardly.

"Hey, I'm Danny", one of them says. He has short, blonde hair, and is quite tall.

"I'm Xavier", the guy in the middle says, aka the birthday boy. He's quite skinny but still has muscles, and has short, brown, curly hair, much like Romeo's but shorter.

"I'm Elliott", the last guy says. He's got thin, black curtains covering his eyes; he moves it out of his face as he says hello, but it doesn't do much as it falls straight back down again.