Chapter 8

Hey all!!!!

Here's another chapter!!

This chapter contains mature content and heavy scenes, one with mention of suicide and death.

Read with caution.

Please vote, comment, share and give a follow!!

Enjoy!!!!!

"I guess it's just my life and I can take it if I wanna. But I cannot hide in hills of California, Because these hills have eyes, and I got paranoia."

Jamming out to the song that begins to play from my new alarm clock, I throw off my covers, glancing over at my window.

Snow. And lots of it.

Shit... training in the snow? My life sucks sometimes.

Rolling my eyes, I shut off my alarm and run to the bathroom and take a quick shower.
Yesterday was hell, I felt like shit all day. But nothing helps one feel better like a steaming hot shower with a both, eucalyptus and a lavender plant hanging from the shower head.

Hopping out of the shower, I use my fluffy towel to dry off, wrapping it around me as I begin to blow dry my dark raven hair.
Not knowing what training had in store today, I toss my hair I to a ponytail, noticing that it needs a few inches taken off seeing as it goes past my shoulder blades when put up.
I put on a bright pink thong and sports bra, grey leggings and a long sleeve grey t-shirt that's sweat resistant.

In all reality... how sweat resistant can it be? I swear that's just a lie marketers say to get people to buy their crap.

Feeling odd without any black clothes, I slide on some socks and black Nike's.

Brushing my teeth, I sigh when I see myself in the mirror.
"Damn I'm white." I sigh, looking at my pale reflection.
I have a light dusting of tan freckles on my nose and above my cheekbones, those are sadly... the only tan part of me.

My brother Kevan on the other hand is blessed with red hair like our mom, green eyes, and tanned skin like our dad. How he got the good genes I will never know. I got stuck with raven black hair, brownish black eyes, and pasty skin. I look like a natural goth. Not that there's anything wrong with that... it's just not my style.

Not that I know what my style is anymore...

After Vixen killed herself for my safety, I haven't known who I am... my style or my favorite color... my favorite food or what kind of music I like... there all so unknown to me.

It's like... one day I'll dress with ripped fishnets and chains on my shorts and a black shirt, only to wear a pink skirt and a sparkly top the next day with heels.
I used to crave mashed potatoes and corn on the cob... nowadays, it's rare to even see me eat either of those things.

*****

I was lucky to have a quick breakfast, a bowl of fruit, piece of toast with Nutella on it, and a glass of apple juice. A winners breakfast in my opinion.

Currently, I am approaching Killians house, and for some reason... I'm nervous.
I don't usually get nervous, and the fact that I'm trembling and not because of the snow... that's new for me.

Facing the door to Killians house, I take a deep breath but stop myself at the smell of his cologne.
I can smell it from outside. Without Vixen, I was like a basic human... but I smell his wonderful captivating scent that makes me shiver. And no... not the cold making me shiver...
Actually, the snow and freezing temperatures aren't bothering me... I don't even have a coat on.