Chapter 19

Hey all!!!

Sorry for the long wait, I started this chapter but deleted it thinking I was deleting a draft... I guess we can all thank sleep deprivation for that lol!!

Anywho, this chapter isn't the longest but that's because it's heavy... so ⚠️ trigger warning!! (Death/suicide And talk of rape-not in detail.)

Please comment, vote, share and give a follow for more!!

Btw, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for all of the sweet comments, I wanted to reply to every single one but I lost count lol!!

Also, thanks for two million reads on my first book, it's been out for only eight months and I just... I can't believe it!!
I just submitted it (Alpha Knox) into the Wattys competition! I doubt I'll win but just getting my book submitted is exciting lol!!

Without further ado....

Enjoy!!!

"Woah bitch, he isn't yours. He's not a toy to be kept." The blonde bimbo says in her shrill voice.

"Listen here you botched Barbie, step the fuck away or I'll break your legs." I shout, my voice deep with anger.

Killian walks over to me and grabs my hand, rubbing circles on my skin to attempt to wash me over with a wave of calm I'm sure.
Rolling her eyes, she scoffs a "whatever, I have plans anyways," and walks away.

Crossing my arms, I look up at Killian, roughly letting his grip go on my hand. "Explain."

Dragging me inside his house, he turns the lights on and locks the door, "Marsha means nothing, truly nothing to me. She was an old frien-"

He starts, but I cut him off, smoke coming out of my nose. "So the botched Barbie has a name? And old friend? Old friend my ass!" I huff, making my way towards the door.

Just as I reach to unlock the door, he snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me close to his hard frame that engulfs me almost instantly in his warmth. "Baby, Catriona, I promise. She means nothing, she isn't even the dirt beneath my feet, she's less than that. She's had a thing for me for years, and I've never done anything sexual with her. We made out once at a party because I was blitzed off my ass and she saw a window of opportunity and took advantage of that."

"How am I supposed to believe you?" I question.

"Because. I want our relationship to be a healthy one. You don't get that by lying to the person you love, you get it with being truthful and being real with them." He says, his forehead creasing with worry as I stand in his arms.

"Person you love?" I whisper up to him.

"Yeah," he shrugs, "I love you. There, I said it. Happy?"

"Very." I smile brightly, wrapping my arms around him even tighter, my face warm with excitement. "Killian?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I love you too, I mean... I know I do, seeing as I claimed you, but I think I'm getting there. I just don't know how or if I'm doing it right..." admitting to him, my eyebrows furrow deeply as I bite my inner cheek.

Chuckling deeply, he places a kiss on my head, "don't worry baby. Let it come naturally, don't try to force feelings. Let them come to you like a gust of wind caresses your skin. If that makes sense?"

* * * * *

Fifteen to twenty minutes have passed, I'm laying on the couch like a lazy bum while Killian sits by my feet, doing a video chat with my dad rather than going to the pack house to have the meeting.

"I think that would just be easier. But considering I may be needed back at home, I can't promise my position anymore." Killian states to my father.
Killian rubs his jaw as his veins flex against his tan skin, his black hair slightly messy from the amount of times he's run his hand through it.

"I agree, but until we clean up the rubble of the school, we can't use that empty space to hold lessons outside. Plus, the fact that some kids won't pay attention due to the simple fact of not being in a classroom." My dad clears his throat, "what's going on back at your place? Hell I mean, I know my daughter is with you so just... don't tell me anything about that, none of my business."

Laughing softly, I hide my head under the blanket as Killian speaks up, "I'm not too sure actually, my father, Devilis wants to speak with me. Marsha was here and kissed me all while telling me that. Then your daughter claimed me as her mate to there's that, I guess I can call you dad now huh?"

I heard my dad choke on his spit before gagging, "already? Congrats, but no. Don't call me that or you're dead." He paused, "Marsha the martian was at your house?" He gags once more.

"Thanks," Killian laughs, looking at me with his green eyes that brings me so much joy. "And yeah, your daughter lit her ass up."

"That's my girl." My father began, "well, I'm needed by the wife. Apparently there's a hairy spider I need to kill. Talk soon man."

Killian nods at the screen before shutting down the video chat.
"Ready for bed baby?"

"Mmhmm, I just sleep here... I so cozy." I say sheepishly, my tongue not wanting to help me when it comes to making proper sentences.

"The couch will hurt your back, come here little one." He whispers, picking me up bridal style.
He carries me to his room, the warm red glow of the lights bringing me a weird sense of comfort.

Laying me down on the bed, he places the covers over me, climbing into bed himself.

"You okay baby? If you have to use the restroom, it's right there." He points to one of the doors visible in sight.

"No, I'm just thinking." I whisper.

"About what?" He asks, moving any strands of hair on my face away and tucking them behind my ear. Little gestures like this make my heart so warm.

"Everything. You. Me. Eros." I pause, "Vixen."

"Do you want to take about her?" He asks, "it may be hard to do, but it may help you feel as if you no longer have the weight of the world on your shoulders."

Nodding my head, I curl up closer to him, needing his warm embrace.
"A while back, there was an attack on our pack, and even though our pack was stronger, there was more of them than us. A group of men snuck into my room during the attack and forced themselves on me, but before they could get the job done, my father came in and went ballistic. But in that moment of time, one of the men grabbed rope that he had on him and tied it around my neck and tied it to the window hook that's meant for heavy flower baskets to hang out the window. He threw my body out the window but before my neck could snap, Vixen shifted, her neck too thick for the rope, causing it to break." I pause, my lip quivering as hot tears stream down my face with no effort, "all I remember is watching that mans body fall from the window, headless. And the thump of Vixens body slamming against the ground. She died on impact. I didn't want her to shift, she had recently been under a lot of pressure due to force shifting when I got jumped by some kids from school. But she did it anyways. And I lost her because of it."

Breaking down completely, I scream my sobs into Killians chest, my tears soaking his dress shirt. "I could have prevented it! It's my fault she's gone Killian, it's my fault she isn't here anymore!"

"Shhh, baby." He calms me, "you did nothing wrong. You were trying to protect her. If she didn't shift, you both would be gone. If your human form is gone, you no longer have any other part to survive. Every part leaves with your human part. She wanted you to live, to embrace life. Not to be sad. Right?"

Hiccuping, I wipe tears from my cheeks, "she hated seeing me sad. She was my best friend. My built in friend." Releasing a shaky breathe, Killian holds me tighter.

"Maybe some good news would make you feel better?" He questions, his Forest green eyes looking into mine.

Nodding, I await his news.

"My hound knows your hounds name, it's instinctive. I think you'll like it." He smiles softly.

"Tell me! I barley have my hound come out still, please tell me! I know nothing about her!" I insist.

"Well, her name is Vixen."