Chapter 10

HEYYYYYY!!!!!!
Sorry I haven't updated, I've been puking my brains out... it's SOOOOO fun.... not.

Anywho,

This chapter is filled with stuff!! But nothing bad... I don't think...?

So, please vote, comment, share and give a follow so you can see the next update!!

Enjoy!!!

Watching Killian closely, I couldn't help but stare at his clenched jaw and balled fists.

He's upset, that much is obvious.

"If anyone should be upset here, it should be me. What did he mean by that?" I ask, rusting myself off out of nervous habit.

Killian simply shakes his head, avoiding eye contact with me.
"You have no reason to be upse-" he begins.

"No reason? NO reason?!? What the fuck kind of drugs are you taking? Your brother, just said I'm your mate! Is it true? Have you known this whole time?" I scream, pointing one of my fingers in his chest harshly.

Grabbing my hand firmly in his, Killian growls. "I was high on you, but safe to say I sobered up real fast."

And then he left.

With no goodbye or anything... no second glance to look at me...
I guess that's my fault...

But I don't give a fuck. I should have been in the loop. He should have told me rather than keeping it a secret.
I can't keep secrets from him... I don't have a choice when he can dig in my mind and read my thoughts!

Shits unfair!

Not wanting to spend another minute in his place, I leave as fast as physically possible.
Luckily, I didn't pass Killian.

"Hey! Wait up!" A males voice booms behind me.

Rolling my eyes with a huff, I spin towards the voice to see Eros running after me. His chest bare and his jeans hanging low.

"What?" I snap, crossing my arms over my chest.

He bites his lip, his eyes glancing down to my breasts and back up to my eyes.

"I only have one set of eyes bud, and these aren't it." I say, waving a hand over my boobs.

Running one of his hands through his white blonde hair, dyed clearly... but dang... does it look good on him, he chuckles a nervous laugh.
"I just wanted to return your shirt." He smirks, placing it over my head and on my body, his fingers grazing the bare skin of my hips and lower back.

"T-thanks." I whisper, my heart beat quickening.

Nodding his head, I feel as if he was holding something in, like he wanted to tell me something, but he didn't. Instead, he walked away.

*****

"Jasmine, I'm pissed! Like why wouldn't he tell me! And Addox told me he's my mate! Who am I supposed to believe? My hound keeps coming and going so knowing much of anything isn't possible, I'm on my own with this." I sigh over the FaceTime call with my best friend.

Biting one of her nails, she stops for a moment, grabbing a book before coming back onto the screen. "I've read about this blood ritual where a witch collects a drop of blood from the possible wolves and when the spell is casted, the true mates of one another move to each other and become one. We can do that! I mean... I don't know if I'm strong enough myself, but another witch can!" She exclaims, taking a swig of beer.

"T-thats actually a brilliant idea. I'll speak to my parents about it. Shit... I might actually get some answers!" I smile, feeling powerful at the thought of knowing the truth.

An hour and a half passes, and I finally hang up with Jasmine. We got caught up in everything that's been happening, which including some major rants and crying.

....a lot of crying.

With a thought of running downstairs to talk to my parents, the Alpha and Luna of the pack, its like fate when my mom comes prancing in my room.
"Want to color? I got one of those adult coloring books, I figured we could have mother daughter time and color together and.... I dunno, talk?" She says, shrugging her shoulders like a small child when they want to get their way but don't want to come off bratty.

"Of course, I love hanging out with you." I say honestly, watching my moms eyes light up with joy at my little answer.

Sitting besides me, she opens the coloring book and tears out a page for herself, placing it on one of my books as a hard surface so she can color without the paper ripping. "I'll color this one, you can pick one sweetie." She says, offering me a big smile with a few strands of her red hair framing her face.

Looking through the book, I find a picture of three wolves standing together.
In my gut, it felt right to color this... weird and stupid maybe... but it feels important. Like a sign in the right direction maybe...?

Once we both begin coloring, I couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my lips when she spoke up, "I fucking hate when these cheap ass crayons break." She groans with a sigh.

"You never cuss. Everything okay?" I ask, holding her wrist to stop coloring.

She sighs, "your brother found his mate. She's from another pack, and is the only heir of the alpha. So he thought it would be great to just pack his bags and ditch us. In a moments notice. He texted me a goodbye... no hug." She sniffled the last part, tears swelling in her eyes.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Hell, I'll probably be the forty years old virgin living in your basement." I laugh, helping her feel better as her giggle joins with mine.

"So, happy talk. What's going on with you?" She asks, picking a new crayon from the box.

Do I tell her?

Yes...
I need to tell someone. And I planned to anyways.

"I've heard of those ceremonies being performed before, but my only concern is if it'll be a pack gathering or private?" She says questioningly.

"I don't really know..." I begin, "if we do a gathering, we can invite Kevan and his mate. That way we can all get a proper 'see ya later.' That okay?" I ask, wanting her approval.

Nodding her head with a soft smile, she leans in to hug me, the smell of her vanilla perfume making me close my eyes with the warmth of my mother's love for me.
She wants nothing but the best for me. If I wanted the moon, she would gladly try to jump into the sky and grab it for me. That's just the kind of mom she is.

"Who do you think your mate is? If I can ask." She questions, putting her crayon in the box after our hug, grabbing a new color.

Hm... how do I even answer this?

"To be honest... I feel something for Killian. It's so strong... but then I have this new and sudden connection-like thing for this other guy... which I just came across..." I admit.
Brushing a strand of hair from my face, what she said next was awakening.

"What about Addox?"

"Who's that?" I question, only to remember the name with the face.

She giggles, "I can rule him out then." She pats my head playfully.

About fifteen minutes pass, my mom had just left to go make herself some coffee.
Something I could use a mug of myself.

Getting out of my bed, I'm stopped at the sound of a voice.

"Hey stranger."