Hayes has feelings

Hayes got into the front seat staring at me. He moved around alot before he got settled. I giggled, covering my lips. "You okay?" I questioned jokingly.
He nodded with a embarrassed smile. "So, what's wrong?" He asked.
I looked down at my jeans, for some reason I admired the perfect sewing done on the hem of them.
"Why can't my life be perfect like that?" I thought.
"Ariel. Ariel?" Hayes said, snapping his figures infront of my face.
I shook my head, trying to get myself back on track. "Yeah?" I asked with a cracking voice. Hayes must have thought it was cute, because he let out a attractive giggle. I threw my hands on my lap and looked up at him. "Nothing. It's nothing." I said with a innocent tear streaming down my face and a attemption of letting out all of my unwanted breath. Hayes noticed it because he wiped it.
"Please don't lie to me." He whispered, placing his hand on my knee.
I looked down at his hand, smiling. "I'm fine. I really ... " I tried to finish before Hayes cut me off.
"Im going to ask you one more time. What is wrong?" He sweetly implied.
I let out a huge breath and looked in the mirror, which had a perfect view of Matthew.
"I caught Matthew and Mahogany flirting." I said, holding back tears. Hayes slowly took his hands off of my knee and placed them firmly in his lap. "You sure they were flirting?" Hayes questioned. I nodded.
Matt startled me by walking up to the window and knocking. I looked over at Hayes, almost as if I didn't see Matt staring heavily at me "ready?" I asked unbuckling my seat belt.
He nodded, you could see the hurt in Hayes by the way he simply reached and opened the door. But I couldnt figure out why Hayes was hurt in the first place.
Matt opened my door and grabbed my hand. "Thanks." I mumbled.
Getting out of the car, I looked at Hayes for split second, trying not get caught. Matt shut my door and alarmed the car.
We walked up to the building, hands glued together. Meanwhile I had the worst craving for a cut apon my wrist.