Cameron suffered?

I was left speechless and my questioned had be answered.
Cameron doesn't hate me.
Unlocking my phone again, I looked up at Cam who evidently pretended to not see me staring at him.
"You okay Ariel?" Carter asked laughing.
"Yeah, I am fine." I replied.
I kept debating in my mind if right now was the best time to read it, until it hit me blindly in the face.
"These are the types of things I have to face." I whispered.
"What?" Jack G asked.
I shook my head, opening the message.
Cameron's message.
"Ariel, I know how Matthew feels about you. But more importantly, I know how you feel. I remember being in your shoes, Sitting in my room crying with no hope. I was alone and worn too. Not many people know how I use to be before Nash found me. I remember cutting my wrist at night and thinking no one will ever care about me. I was a nobody who got bullied in school. It's not easy out there, but all it takes is one person to build you up. Nash was that person for me and I will be that person for you. Any ways, Ariel please don't leave Matthew. You are one of the strongest females I have ever met, Don't give up. By the way, don't show anyone this message .. I don't need anyone thinking that something is going on.
- Cameron."

I felt settle tears stream down my face, I tried to my best to hide them.
I couldn't help but think about how Cameron use to be, having no one by his side.
That well explains the scars on his right wrist.
"I am so sorry Cam." I repeated in my mind as if it was going to change something.
I looked up at Cam, looking down.
"I have to face it." I thought.