wedding planning

1 year later...

The wedding was in two weeks and everyone we knew was running around crazy trying to get every last detail together and perfect. Jaden wanted everything to be perfect and he spent most of his days now talking to the wedding planner, florist, caterers, and everyone else involved with the wedding. Me, on the other hand, I just sat back and observed.
I never really dreamed of a big wedding as a kid. I never had a big elaborate plan in my head about every last detail of my dream wedding. I guess it never crossed my mind that I'd really get a 'prince charming.' And besides... I had bigger things to worry about right now. Like, literally. I'm pregnant.
No one knows yet. Not my mom, Sarah, Avani, or even Jaden. I've barely seen any of them lately since they're so caught up in the wedding planning so I figured I'd wait until the time was right. I was really nervous though. I know Jaden is going to be an a amazing dad and I have zero doubts about that, but I guess I'm more worried about how our life is going to change. We won't be able to do what ever we want when we want, and I know that sounds selfish, but I'm really going to miss it. I'm honestly really doubting my parental abilities. I was so deep in thought I didn't even realize Jaden and Avani bombarding me with questions.
"Y/N what the fuck are you even listening?" Avani yelled, shaking her hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.
"Vani chill. " Jaden sighed. "Can I have a moment alone with Y/N?"
Avani nodded and left us alone in the room.
"What's going on baby?" Jaden was now sitting beside me, resting his hand on my thigh.
"Are you not freaked out?" I asked.
"About getting married?"
"I mean... yeah." I hesitated. "I mean our whole life is about to change. We're the first out of everyone to get married and everyone is so caught up in wedding planning we've barely gotten to enjoy any of it. "
"I know baby. I just want to make sure everything is perfect for you, or perfect like you I should say. And about getting married, I'm not freaked out. I've actually never been so sure about anything in my life. " He smiled, lifting my chin and pressing his lips to mine for a quick second.
"I love you. But do we really need three hundred people at our wedding?" I laughed and he laughed too in response.
"No. I mean we could get married in the court house just me and you and I'd still be just as excited. " He grinned.
"So let's do it. " I smirked.
"Get married at the court house? We just spent thousands of dollars on a wedding that's why Y/N. "
"No I mean we still have the wedding but it's more just the reception now. We get married the day before at the court house without telling anyone, then we come down the aisle in front of everyone and tell them we're already married. Kinda like 'haha got you now let's party'. It's unconventional and kinda risky, but wasn't that exactly what you said when you proposed?"
"Let's fucking do it. " He smiled.
"Wait, really?!" I squealed.
"I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier. Parties are so much easier to plan than weddings. " Jaden laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulder and I laid my head on his shoulder in response.
"Y/N Hossler is a cute ass name." I giggled.