keep pushing through

The last week or so I had spent most of my time in my room. My parents and Jaden's had eventually came to California once they found out the news and went home a couple days later after I assured them I would get through it. It seemed like everyone around me was so heartbroken and I felt numb. Numb to what I was feeling. Everything after Hawaii was blurry, which makes total sense considering the hell I had been through. I assume I'm just pushing it back as far as humanly possible, so I can feel nothing. Jaden still didn't know about me losing my baby. I made everyone keep it from him, considering he probably wouldn't even care right now. He had been very distant from the house anyway so no one had seen him much since he came home.

I decided to go for a walk today, since I was officially taken off bed rest and I needed some fresh air. I waved to all the boys as I made my way to the front door and began walking. The feeling of the breeze from the wind blowing in my face and my hair, was a freeing feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. It reminded me of Hawaii. I kept walking and walking. I must've been walking a couple miles by now, but I would just get an uber home if I got tired. A little while later, I walked up a small hill, and around the corner was a lookout area. Upon a closer look, I realized it was Jaden's lookout place. I decided to walk to the bench anyway and sit a minute.

I was deep in thought, gazing around looking at all the buildings. Too deep in thought, that I didn't realize that a car pulled into the parking lot behind me. I glanced around as the figure walked closer to the lookout area, it was Jaden.

Our eyes met as he got closer. He sat down on the bench next to me, at the very opposite end.
"Hey Y/N." He didn't make eye contact.
"Hey Jaden."
"How are you?"
"Fine."
He didn't say anything for another moment or two.
He cleared his throat and took a deep breath.
"I'm really sorry I yelled at you like that. It's just um- I was really overwhelmed."
"It's fine."
"Is it though?"
"No not really Jaden. My life is a fucking wreck right now. My husband doesn't remember me and I can't do a damn thing about it. Oh, and I lost my baby. I lost my baby and I still had to deliver a dead baby. It's not fine Jaden."
"W-what?" He gasped. "Our baby?"
"Jaden as far as you're concerned it wasn't your baby."
"I- I- you're right. I don't even have anything to say. I'm really really sorry Y/N."
"Stop apologizing, please. I'm so tired of everyone telling me they're sorry. I don't have it in me to fight for you right now but just know that I'll always love you Jaden Hossler. Always and forever."
I didn't give him a chance to answer. I got up from my seat on the bench and began walking back home. As I started to walk down the hill, out of eyesight, Jaden yelled.
"Y/N! Wait!"
I didn't turn around. I would probably break down if I had to face him again.
Once I got far enough away, I ordered an uber to take me home.
As I was waiting on my uber, a car came flying around the corner, and came to an abrupt stop right in front of me on the sidewalk. I knew that car, it was my damn car. It was Jaden.
He rolled the window down and I looked at his face, which looked incredibly panicked. 
He jumped out of the car, running over to me and wrapping his arms around me, squeezing me tight.
I pulled away and raised my eyebrows.
"What the hell was that for?"

A grin appeared on his face. He was smiling ear to ear.
"I remember. I remember you. I remember everything."