is this even normal

I put my second earring in, a small smile forming in my face as I felt the familiar arms I loved wrapped around my body.
"Are you ready beautiful?" He kissed my cheek.
"I guess. Does this look okay?" I sighed. "I feel like I still look pregnant."
"You look stunning." He kissed my forehead. "Now come on, baby. Let's go"

I followed him down the stairs, and out the front door to our car. He opened the door for me, and then walked over to his side to begin our date night journey. He never told me where we were going and I didn't ask because I figured he wanted it to be a surprise. Now that my Jaden is back, I don't know how to react.

The car ride was rather quiet, Jaden's hand rested on my thigh and I gazed out the window, occasionally taking a glance and admiring his features.
He pulled into the parking lot of a very familiar place. It was the diner we always come to.
"I know you don't like the whole fancy dinner thing so I figured I'd bring you to our favorite."
"Fine with me." I kissed his cheek. "I'm hungry let's goooo"

We ordered our food, and we're sipping on our drinks having small talk until Jaden finally spoke up.
"Okay enough with the small talk, are you okay? Like really okay?" His facial expression changed to concern.
"I mean I feel like I've been through hell, and feeling alone through it all was even worse. Don't get me wrong, everyone was there and they've been amazing, but without you it always feels like a piece of me is missing." I looked down.
"I can't believe I wasn't there for you when Brycen... you know." He winced. "Baby I'm so so sorry. I was so selfish and confused, and I felt like I had no idea what was going on. Listen, we just started our lives together. We have plenty of years to come to have babies, so let's enjoy our time together right now and  it'll happen in its own time."
"Yeah, I don't know. I just feel like maybe the universe is trying to tell us that maybe we shouldn't be together."
"W-what?" He pulled my chin up to look him in the eyes.
"I don't know. I mean maybe this is all payback for hurting Nick like I did. I mean I basically did the same thing to him as Sam and Cass did to me. And you did the same to Mads. Like maybe our babies died because of the bad decisions we made and maybe that's the universe telling us we don't belong together." I choked out.
"So you- you want to get a divorce?"