danger

"Wait- the private investigator found you??" I was still processing everything he said.
"Yeah, the one you guys hired apparently. I thought everyone knew. Josh said that he told Bryce and he was supposed to tell you? I was wondering why you never visited at rehab, until I found out you and Bryce were together. The entire time I was gone, I thought about you and our baby constantly. I told myself I was stopping so I could come home but it was so hard Y/N. That's the only thing that helped me get better, knowing I was coming home to you guys. But then Josh told me..."
"Jaden. I didn't know any of this. Bryce never told me any of this. Oh my god." I broke down in tears. "Jaden, if I would've known I-"
"Y/N this isn't on you. I'm happy you moved on, I wasn't in the right state of mind to be a father. But just know, even if we weren't meant to be, you'll always be the love of my life. Always and forever."
"But- Jaden, I- I was supposed to be there for you. He- he lied to me"
Jaden wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled my close, wiping my tears away as I cried uncontrollably.
I heard the front door slam.
"Why the hell are you touching her?!" Bryce yelled, pushing Jaden off the couch.
"Chill, man. She's crying."
"You fucking made her cry?" Bryce raised his voice even more, and I didn't know that was possible.
"Why did you lie to me?" I sniffled.
"Me?" Bryce asked.
I nodded.
"What did I lie about?" He asked.
Like he didn't know.
"Why did you lie about me." Jaden demanded.
"Oh, that. You were better off not knowing that, Y/N. I did that for your and Jake's own good."
"That's not your decision to make, Bryce."
"You really wanted to know your 'husband' was cracked out in a trashy motel instead of being here and being a father?" He sarcastically laughed.
I've never seen this side of Bryce before, and frankly I didn't like it.
"That's fucking enough, Bryce."
"Don't fell me what's enough, Jaden. I'm the one who stepped up and became a father for YOUR child. I'm the one who was here when Y/N was crying about you. I'm the one who has been here the last seven years. NOT you."
Jaden stood up, clutching his fists, visibly angry.
"Okay that's enough for tonight, maybe you should go home Jaden. And Bryce, maybe you should go to Josh's."
"I'm not going anywhere, this is my home. Bryce announced.
"Like hell you are." Jaden clenched his fists even tighter.
Before I knew it, Bryce's fist was flying towards Jaden's jaw and I jumped up, attempting to block the punch, but the punch landed anyway. It landed on my jaw, knocking me to the floor and I blacked out.
And that's all I remember.