12.

t w e l v e

A four walled room with two big windows and its blue coloured curtains flows together with the gentle wind, twenty armchairs divided into four rows, white coloured corners, and a chalkboard with the word 'DETENTION' written on it in all capitals surrounded Taehyun and Yeonjun who were three seats away from each other.

The yellow haired boy was used to this, he got detention in his last school almost every day. Yet, Taehyun? It's his first time. Truthfully yes, he does have a feisty mouth and sometimes get into mild fights, but he never reached the point of getting detention.

"This is all your fault," Taehyun hissed as he crosses his arms over his chest.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, "You were the one who attacked me first, stupid."

Taehyun lets out a scoff and looks at the older one sitting three seats away from him, "If you didn't say those words, then we wouldn't be in detention."

"Why? you deserved it."

The younger one rubbed his temples in order to control his temper, "Why did you even say all those things to me?"

His question was answered with a shrug from the older's shoulders, "I don't know," He answers disinterestedly.

Another scoff escaped Taehyun's lips once again, he sits sideways on the chair to completely face the older and lands his elbow on top of the chair's backrest, "Jerk, no one will say those kind of absurdity things out of nothing!"

The yellow haired boy sighs and looks out the window, somewhat acting all phlegmatic, "What are you even trying to say?"

"Did you ever experienced getting cheated on as well before?"

Yeonjun looks at him, quirking a brow, he answers, "Dude! No way in hell. I never even had a relationship before, up until now even."

Taehyun stares at him, furious yet curious, "Then why did you say all those things to me, you insensible piece of skin-covered human?!"

A frustrated sigh escapes Yeonjun's lips, is this how he swears at people? 

He ruffles his own hair before crossing his legs into a number four, "Dude, just what are you blabbering about? You keep on asking me why I said all those things, it's simple, because you deserved to be kicked some senses into your brain !"

"Look, people don't go around saying those kind of mayhem-ic stuff so randomly in the middle of an English class. Unless of course, if you have experienced the same type of situation of getting betrayed and cheated on," Taehyun tilts his head to the side, "Or maybe... if you say you didn't—then that's the question. Why did you do it? Don't tell me you like Beomgyu that you had to defend him like that?" These words were more than enough to send Yeonjun off guard.

He felt that erratic beating of his heart again just at the mention of Beomgyu and the word 'like' put together in one sentence.

He gazes up to the younger one, confusion written all over his beautiful face, "What?"

Taehyun sighs for the umpteenth time, "You heard me, but if you have another acceptable reason for the shenanigans you have caused today, then spill it."

"Dude, why is this so important to you, anyway?" Yeonjun snaps, "And for your fucking information, those weren't shenanigans, they were the truth," The older looks at the other one from head to toe out of disbelief.

"Just answer me, Choi."

The older one look at him yet again, silence filled the air as the two just kept on staring at each other—tension dominating the room. The warm wind brushes up Yeonjun's hair while he faces the chalkboard, leaning down on his chair.

"Well, if you're so desperate to find out, then fine. I didn't experience the same shit Beomgyu had went through because of you ," Yeonjun briefly glared at the younger, earning—yet again—another scoff from Taehyun.

Yeonjun looks back in front, crossing his arms over his chest, "And if you're saying that it's questionable and I don't really have a valid reason—then yes."

Taehyun arcs a brow, "Yes what?"

"Maybe I do like Beomgyu."

scent.