27.

t w e n t y - s e v e n

"Yeonjun? Are you okay? Do you have anything to eat there? Are you cold? Sick? Lonely? Oh my Yeonnie, please don't die!"

Soobin says dramatically on the other side of the call, "I will be home as soon as the rain stops!"

Yeonjun chuckles while rolling his eyes, heck, his brother is making it look like he can't live without him. He wraps an arm around Beomgyu's small waist when he saw the little one trying to sneak away to taste the cookie dough.

"I'm fine, beside... Gyu is here. I have the best company," Yeonjun smiles at Beomgyu who had a pout on his pink lips.

"Let me go, Jjuni. I said I wanna taste the cookie dough!"

The older sighs and pinches the little one's cheeks earning another whine from him, "I'll hang up now, binnie. Stay safe there, I love you!"

He hangs up and faces the younger one who still looked at him with a small pout. Yeonjun chuckled and connected their lips, and Beomgyu slowly kissed back while wrapping his hands around the older's neck.

Their lips parted and both looked directly into each other's eyes, "Just wait a little longer, okay? You will eat as much cookies as you want."

Beomgyu nods with a frown, he made grabby hands and the older understood right away. Yeonjun carried him and wrapped the younger one's legs around his waist. He walked them to the oven as Beomgyu grabbed the tray, Yeonjun puts him down gently. The little one puts the tray inside the oven and turns the timer on, "What do we do while we wait for the cookies?"

"Let's watch some television, hmm?" Yeonjun suggested earning a nod from the younger one.

They sat down the comfortable couch ; Beomgyu rested his cheek on Yeonjun's shoulder whilst the older intertwined their fingers. Their full attention focused on the show from the flat screen.

"Grizzly is cute right, Jjuni?" Asked the little one, a smile forming on his lips as he saw Grizzly on the screen.

Yeonjun smiles, "Yeah, he is. Pan pan and ice bear are cute too. Like you," He says while pinching the younger's nose.

Beomgyu looks up at the older one and so did Yeonjun, "What is it, baby?" Yeonjun asked, squeezing both their hands together.

"I just..." The little one looks down on their hands and rubs the back of Yeonjun's hand with his thumb, "I just feel happy, that's all. I want to stare at you, all day, all night, and never get bored nor tired," He continues, the feeling of warmth and comfort flowing down his body because of the older's soft hand.

"Because I'm afraid that one day... I won't be able to stare at you like this anymore ; close and with our hands intertwined. Instead, I'd be staring at you from afar... with someone else that you r-replaced me with," Beomgyu sniffs and buries his face onto the older's chest with his hands wrapped around Yeonjun's chest.

Shaking and scared of the thought that one day... he'll lose Yeonjun too.

Yeonjun's expression softens, he lays down on the couch with Beomgyu laying down on top of him. He embraces him tight, whilst caressing the back of his head.

He needs comforting words, thought the older one.

"Beomgyu, mark my words ; I will never leave you nor replace you. I know, I can't blame you for feeling scared and thinking about things like this," He paused, and rubs Beomgyu's back as the little one silently sniffs.