SCENT : Yeonjun's Diary

How have you been?

How have you been?

It's been a year already, time flies so fast—the first time I met you, I was only 19 and you were 18. And now, I'm 24 while you're 23. We used to be so in love, and now, we're acting as if we never kissed, hugged, and stared at each other—yes, time does fly so fast. Too fast.

I still remember the things that happened five years ago up to now. I can still remember every kiss we shared while giggling in between, how I was able to take in your comforting scent every time we hugged, and the times when I used to play with your hair while whispering sweet words as I squeezed your cold hands. I can still remember how much I cried when we broke up, when you suddenly left, and when you finally decided to cut all the tangled strings that tied us together.

And now, here I am, writing everything down on this small notebook I found inside the cabinet.

Honestly, I haven't really moved on yet—maybe I've accepted it, but I still know that deep within me, I still love you

Honestly, I haven't really moved on yet—maybe I've accepted it, but I still know that deep within me, I still love you. I just learned to accept how things ended for the both of us, but really now, is it really the end when I'm still loving you and hurting because of you?

Five years ago, Soobin and I were living in a different city in Korea. We were always slacking off, we always got into different shenanigans, and we only liked to ditch class then go to the arcade.

Our parents scolded us because of that, so they decided to transfer us—alone—to a new city, to live in our own house, and learn to take the right path in life.

I was really annoyed over it, but I had no other choice after all. On the way here, I couldn't help but sulk the entire time. I found this city boring, honestly.

But when I got off my bike by the front gate during the first day of school, my eyes instantly saw you.

The way you were looking at me, you were like a small little bear—lost in the wilderness. You were so cute, I didn't even know I could find someone cute here.

I felt really happy, I knew you were going to be the reason my new life here would be amazing.

And I was nowhere close to being wrong.