21.

t w e n t y - o n e

It's been a week ever since that conversation was made  between Beomgyu and Yeonjun. And since then, the older wasn't the same like before.

I mean, sure, he would still talk to him from time to time and protect him from abusive people, but something was off, he wasn't the same clingy and cheesy Yeonjun as before.

And it pained Beomgyu so so much.

The sun's rays crawled down every corner of the school, it was sunny but cold breeze was circulating around the place. They were currently at the gymnasium to prepare it for a school event the next day, and their section was assigned to fix everything.

Beomgyu was currently fixing the chairs when his eyes landed on Huening Kai and Taehyun, but even though he saw them together—obviously flirting and clinging to each other—it didn't even hurt him. He didn't feel anything.

No pain, no jealousy, and no tears.

But when his eyes landed on Yeonjun talking with another girl while decorating the stage ; all sorts of emotions enveloped his little heart—be it pain or jealousy.

[ a/n : idk if gymnasiums have a stage, but ours do so that's why ]

They were laughing, but what was the reason? Yeonjun looked so happy whilst talking with the blonde girl. Little Beomgyu felt a bang in his chest just by seeing how wide the yellow haired boy was smiling to the point that his cute little eyes would squint in an undeniably cute manner.

Does everyone replace me that fast?

"Hey, are you alright?" Soobin wraps an arm around Beomgyu's neck, but the little one just kept on staring at Yeonjun and the girl with those sad little eyes, and of course, the taller one noticed it.

"I see," Soobin nods, "Are you jealous?"

Beomgyu blushed a cute shade of pink, "N-no... It's just that... he's been unusual lately, he doesn't treat me the same like he used to before. I kinda... miss him."

A thought formed on the taller one's mind causing the edge of his pink lips to curl up into a smirk, "Do you like him?"

The little one flinched, "N-NO!"

His loud voice caught all of his classmate's attention, even Yeonjun's.

Beomgyu blushes out of embarrassment and bowed his head as an apology, the quickly grabs the hem of Soobin's shirt to pull the taller one after him into a corner.

"I-I don't l-like him, Hyung," He repeats, this time in a quieter tone.

Soobin lets out a chuckle, "Sure you don't."

"But it's the truth! I just m-miss him," Beomgyu furrows his brows as he lets out a frown.

"Tell that to your jealous self," Soobin teases, whilst pointing his index finger towards the little one's flushed face.

Beomgyu sighs, "Again, I am not jealous."

Soobin playfully rolls his eyes the nods, "Yeah sure. But admit it or not, you don't like seeing Yeonjun talking to other people~" He says as he takes his leave.