Chapter 28

Chloe's Pov

Later that day

I was sitting on the bed reading when Leah came in the room nervously. She came and sat beside me letting out a long breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked Leah.

"I have something important to tell you" I raised my eyebrows and she continued "We're getting married today" Leah said.

My eyes widened in shock "W-what?"

"You okay?"

"What do you mean, we're getting married today!! You can't make such a big decision on your own without asking me!" I almost shouted.

"Listen to me, Chloe" She took a deep breath and continued "I'm doing it for you. You want your old life back right? If we get married and the police question us about the kidnapping, we can show them the paper of our marriage. In this way you don't have to stay trapped in here and hopefully after getting married the relationship between us will get better and I'll be able to trust you again" Leah explained.

"Uh but how we will get married while everyone is looking after us"

"Don't worry about it. I have my people. I contacted two of my friends that works with the government and they are gonna help us with the papers and all that stuff. I told them about you and they understood everything and now they're gonna help us get married secretly without anyone's knowing" She said and I sighed nodding and she took my hand kissing it softly.

"When exactly a-" She cut me off.

"In two hours, if you want you can get ready, my friends did everything and they will bring a priest and the marriage treaty for us" She said and I nodded quietly.

"Are you okay with my decision? Do you have anything to say?"

"No, it's just I never thought I would get married and now in a few hours I will and my family is not here to see me, it's just too overwhelming" I said and started tearing up.

"Hey it's gonna be ok, everything will be ok" She said as she whipped my cheeks with her thumbs.

I hugged her and laid my head on her chest sighing closing my eyes.

"I want to show you something" She said and I looked up at her.

She grabbed a ring from her pocket and showed it to me.

"It's beautiful" I said shocked.

"This is yours babe" She said and I looked at her in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" I asked and she nodded her head smiling at my reaction.

"Do you like it?" She asked and I nodded my head in amazement.

"It's really amazing thank you" I said and she shook her head kissing my hand.

"You deserve more than this" She said and I blushed.

"What about you? Show me yours" I said and she got hers from other pocket.

"This is mine, do you like it?" She asked and I nodded my head smiling widely.

------------------------------------------------------------

-2 hours later-

Chloe's Pov

*Knock Knock*

We heard a knock on the door and Leah went to get it while I sat on the bed playing with my fingers nervously. Should I back down now? I'm not ready yet. What will happen next? I'm so scared.