Chapter 42

-2 months later-

Zoey's Pov

I sat there, In the corner of the room in the silence of the soft darkness, looking at the rays of sunlight that burst through the small window and lit up the room. Today I'm finally getting out of here.

The cell door opening brought me out of thoughts "Ok Missy. Go get your cloths and take a shower before getting out of here, you stink" James joked out.

James is my only friend in this hell hole, he is also my counselor. When I first came here, he was the only nice cop here, he helped me a lot to get better.

I followed behind him as he lead me to the showers. The showers aren't any place special. They are as dirty as we are when we go to take a shower.

Once I'm finished my shower I quickly got changed into my cloths.

I leave the showers to see James standing waiting for me outside the door.

"Do you know someone named Leah?" James suddenly asked me.

"Yeah, why?" I asked him, confused. James lead me through another door which lead the main lobby of the station.

"She's out there waiting for you, she's signed everything needed. So you're free to go" James explained "Have a good time Zoey and I hope I don't see you here again" James walked back into the office area before I could say anything.

"You sure won't" I mumbled to myself.

I walk further into the lobby. I turned a corner and was met with Leah. I don't have any idea what is she doing here.

She looked up at me once I walked around the corner.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well it's surprising, right?" She said and stood up.

I raised my eyebrows and she continued "I know you still love Chloe and you'll do anything to get her back but I'm here to request you to not to hurt her. She has already been through a lot. The last thing I want is, to see her happy. I'll give you anything. Just don't hurt her" She says.

"Do you really think you can give me anything?" I asked while looking straight into her eyes.

"Yes, just tell me. what do you want?" She quickly said.

"I want you to share Chloe with me" I replied. She looked shocked after hearing that.

"What?!" She asked.

"I am pretty sure, you already know about 'poly'," I started "I think we should try that"

She bit her bottom lip, thinking hard "You're not tricking me, right?" She asked.

I shook my head "No, since we both love Chloe but we can't keep fighting over her right? So I think this is the best way to solve this problem. We both should date her"

She raised her eyebrows "I don't think, she'll will be okay with it"

"That's why you're here. You'll convince her" I exclaimed.

"I can't.. I can't share her with anyone" She said while looking down at her fingers.

"You can leave then, I'll get her in my way" I smirked.

"You won't do anything" She closed her eyes and took a deep breath "I'll talk to her" She said and I smiled.

"Let's go, I can't wait to see her"

After the long car ride we finally stopped in front of Leah's house. I stepped out of the car and walked over to the boot to get my stuffs.

Once we entered the house, Chloe walked out of kitchen, she looked breathtaking. As gorgeous as ever.

"Babe look what I have made" Chloe said excitedly but her facial expressions changed the next minute she saw me.

She dropped the plate and it broke into pieces.

"Babe are you okay" Leah said and walked to her.

"What is she doing here" She looked scared, which made me sad.

"Babe relax. I brought her here" Chloe looked at Leah unbelievably.

"W-what?"

"Well," She started, "We been thinking that since we both love you and we both want to be with you, we should try to poly"

I looked up at her face and heard Chloe stutter once more.

"W-what's... what's 'poly'?"

Chloe's Pov

Poly?? What the hell is that?

"Poly," Leah said, "Is like a third wheel type of dating. With our permission, you basically date both of us with both of knowing but not caring much"

My heart skipped a beat.

"W-wouldn't that be cheating...?" I ask, nervously.

"No" She replied, "We both will be well aware of the other partner"

I looked at Zoey who looked like she was okay with this.

"So," Leah said, interrupting my thoughts, "What do you say?"

I bit my bottom lip and chewed it, thinking hard. I do like them both but I don't fully trust Zoey. What should I do? What do I say?

"Okay..." I said, "It's worth a shot" I added, looking at them both.

Leah's Pov

-Flashback-

It's been two months since the incident happened with Zoey. She will be released from jail today. I don't know what will happen after she gets out but one thing I know for sure that she'll try to steal Chloe away from me. She might try to hurt her as well. And I can't let that happen. I can't let her hurt Chloe. What can I do to protect her? This thoughts were killing me. I love Chloe with all my heart and I will do anything to protect her.

-End of flashback-

I don't know if I have made the right decision. I never wanted to share Chloe with anyone but I had no other option. To keep her safe, I had to do it. I hope this doesn't turned out to be the biggest regret of my life.