Chapter 54 Month 1

Third pov

Marinette dreams for the first time since Joker decided to kidnap her and the others.

There's the feeling of falling and a crowbar breaking her bones.

There's a bone chilling cackle and glass cutting into her hand as she lunges for the clown.

She wakes to an empty room.

Not that she minds, it gives her time to shake of the nightmare.

The doctor had said to avoid talking for at least a week, preferably two until the swelling goes down.

She can get physical therapy for her hip and foot in three weeks.

The ribs has to heal on their own. Marinette wishes they would heal first. Broken ribs suck.

Bruce tries to hide a chuckle when she mentions it.

He doesn't quite succeed.

Sadly he's immune to the not-amused-teen-glareTM.

A shame really.

When they leave there's reporters trying to talk to them.

Marinette shrinks back at all the noise and lights. The last time there was noise and lights she met the end of Jokers crowbar.

Despite everything they get into the car, Bruce helping her out of her wheelchair since she can't walk yet.

But... Just as they close the door she can hear laughter. As soon as everyone is in the car she slams the door closed, feeling the pitying looks from the others.

Tim handed her a pair of headphones.

Marinette took them with a small smile. "Thanks."

**************************************************************************

Marinette fell asleep on the way to the manor and Bruce ended up carrying her to her room where Alfred had set up what would be needed to monitor her health.

Tikki was quick to lay on Marinette's chest.

The tiny godess had been very uneasy about the state of her holder and now she could finally check on her herself.

Bruce sighed once he was back out in the hall. He'd have to call the JL and make sure that they have people for the patrol at night.

********************************************************************
Chloe, Adrien and Nino visited before the flight home.

Nino had his eyes practically glued to the floor until Marinette talked to him.

"Nino."

"Yeah?"

"I need you to do me a favor. If it's needed then i need you to be a temporary holder of the Horse Miracoulus until i get back on my feet."

Nino's eyes widened. "Are you sure? Won't you need that to be Ladybug?"

She smiled a bit. "Adrien will be Ladybug while i heal. In the meantime i will have his ring. Which is why we will need someone that can get me if it's absolutely needed." Marinette explained.

"But how will i hide the miraculous? What even is it?" Nino sounded a bit nervous. (Because he was.)

"It's a pair of glasses and they can adapt from holder to holder, it just takes some serious energy."

Chloe and Adrien were watching with small smiles. Marinette were obviously offering an olive branch and Nino were a bit too nervous to just take it.

In the end he did take it though and they all said goodbye for the time being.