CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"So that's it? I knock this guy out and now you guys are back together?" Cristina scoffed, looking at Vanessa incredulously. 

"It's not  exactly like that." Vanessa tried to cover, not paying attention to the looks she was receiving from the young doctor.

"What's it like then?" Alex asked, stuffing his face with food, as per usual.

"We're having a baby - it's not like I can hate him. We are not back together - we're just... seeing where it goes." She shrugged, taking a bite out of the muffin Mark had given her.

"He's buying you food." Cristina commented, pointing to the muffin in Vanessa's hand. 

"He was buying me food while we weren't talking - he just didn't give it to me himself then." Vanessa countered and Alex and Cristina shared a glance.

"What?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Did he tell you he loves you yet?" Alex asks, taking another bite of his sandwich. Vanessa just shrugged lightly, not commenting on the topic and Cristina's eyes widened.

"You got Mcsteamy to say 'I love you'?" She asks, disbelief clear in her voice. Vanessa just shrugged again, taking another bite of her muffin and smirking slightly. 

"Oh my gosh." Cristina breathes, laughing slightly. 

"Wow, I never thought he could love anyone." Alex comments lowly, still stuffing his face with his sandwich. 

"Shut up." Vanessa chuckles, hitting his arm lightly.

"So he did?" Cristina asks, "Tell you he loves you?" She added and Vanessa's smile gave the answer away and Cristina just nodded slowly, smirking to herself.

"I'm gonna leave now." Vanessa picked up her muffin and her apple juice, frowning jokingly at the two sat at the table as she pushed her chair back and stood up, walking away.

She spotted Owen sat at a table by himself and she slid into the chair next to him, placing her muffin and juice on the table. He looked up at her and smiled, taking a piece of her muffin and placing it in his mouth.

She feigned hurt and snatched her muffin back.

"That's my pregnancy food - are you pregnant?" She asked him, tilting her head.

"Could be." Owen shrugs, reaching his hand out to take another piece only to get it slapped away by Vanessa. He pouted, trying to get her to give in but she shook her head, putting some of the muffin in her mouth and taunting him.

"You could not be." She countered, laughing with him lightly.

"You are so much happier since you let Sloan back in." He commented, smiling at her fondly as she was still smiling.

She only hummed in response, taking a sip of her apple juice before setting it back down on the table heavily.

"How is the baby anyway?" He asked, eyes drifting down to her stomach where she had began to show a little bit. Vanessa moved her hand down to it, rubbing it gently.

"Good, I've got a scan scheduled for today." She informed and Owen nodded slightly, bringing his eyes back up to meet hers as she finished her muffin and stood up.

"I've gotta go. Bye." She smiled, walking away and placing her muffin case in the bin, opening her apple juice and taking a sip while walking away to no place in-particular.

"Vanessa, hey." Mark jogged up to her and she smiled, still drinking her juice. He had that stupid smile that he always had on his face whenever he flirted with girls and she shook her head playfully, smiling back at him.

"How are you?" She asked, resting her hand on his arm and looking up at him.

"Good, how are you?" He countered, still smiling like a idiot at her as they spoke in the corridor.

"I'm fine," She shrugged, watching Mark's face fall slightly, "Good. I'm good." She added frantically and his smile came back.

"How's baby Sloan?" He asked, placing his hand on her stomach. To be completely honest she was getting tired of people touching her stomach - just because she had a baby growing in her uterus, doesn't give them the right to touch her.

"Fine, I've got an 11 week scan later." She informed, taking her hand off of his arm and dropping it by her side.

"When and where?" 

"Exam room 4, 3:00pm" She breathed, happy he wanted to come to support her.

"Okay, I'll be there." He kissed her lips shortly before walking away swiftly to carry on with his job.

She smiled to herself, walking to the nurses station to get her charts for the next couple of hours.

***

"Okay Doctor Hunt, this is going to be cold." The doctor said, rubbing the gel onto Vanessa's stomach. She winced at the temperature and Mark grabbed her hand, misinterpreting the wince for pain and Vanessa smiled at him warmly.

Suddenly a thumping sound filled the room and Vanessa's eyes watered slightly as her baby's heartbeat sounded in her ears. Mark squeezed her hand tightly, his own eyes getting slightly wet as he listened.

"The baby looks really healthy." The doctor smiled at the couple, looking at the picture on the screen and turning it so that they could see.

"Wow." Mark breathed and Vanessa nodded her head, in awe of the grainy picture.

"Okay, I'll go and collect the print out." The doctor patted Vanessa's arm lightly and left the room, leaving her and Mark alone.

Vanessa wiped the gel off of her stomach and turned to face Mark, smiling lightly. He looked down at her and smiled widely at her, making her giggle.

"That's our baby." He whispered, tugging on her hand lightly, like a child.

"You're already a baby enough for both of us." She joked, watching him place his hand over his heart as if he had been deeply hurt.

"That hurt Hunt, truly." He smiled, making her laugh again as the doctor came back in to the room with a picture of the ultrasound, a picture of their baby.

"Thank you." Vanessa breathed as she took the picture and the doctor left again so she could get changed. Mark handed her her trousers and she slipped them on along with her top. Mark stared at her the whole time, not being discreet about it.

"Stop staring, creepy man." Vanessa sneered and despite her tone she was smiling fondly at him. He only shrugged, placing his hands in his pockets and laughing lightly.

"What can I say." He breathed and she hit him on the arm playfully, both of them laughing.

They walked out of the room hand in hand, both looking at the photo in Vanessa's other hand fondly, whispering softly to each-other about their future child.

"It's a boy." Mark whispered confidently but Vanessa shook her head in disagreement.

"It's definitely a girl." She argued, placing her hand on her stomach, "Believe me, it's growing in me. It's a girl." 

"Nope. It's a boy and he's going to have the Sloan nose." He countered, earning a scoff from Vanessa.

"If she has the Sloan nose then you can fix it - you're a plastic surgeon." She joked and Mark opened his mouth in awe, surprised with what she had just said. He stopped walking and looked her in the eyes intensely.

"That, was horrible. Even for you." He pouted and Vanessa stood on her tiptoes and kissed his nose gently, giggling lightly at his expression.

"You know you love me." She laughed and Mark smiled again.

"That I do." 

******************************************************************

A/N: :/ i dont really know loool

i dont proofread :)

Thank you for reading :))