CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Mark ran into the hospital, the twins in their stroller as he started his search for Vanessa. Last night he had tried calling her multiple times but in the end went to sleep, accepting that she would be back by morning. 

So when she wasn't back when he woke up he decided to start looking for her, he needed to know she was safe, that she was okay.

"Sloan?" Jackson called, confusion lacing his voice as his mentor walked through the door with the twins. Mark pushed the stroller in Jackson's direction and looked at Jackson frantically.

"Did Vanessa call you last night? Or stay at yours?" He asked, the questions spilling out of his mouth just slow enough for Jackson to catch them. He shook his head no, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked, now sharing Mark's concerned look for Vanessa.

"She w-was crying and then she just ran. She packed a bag Avery - she left." Mark was freaking out, worried for the love of his life.

"She ran away?" Jackson repeated in disbelief. What had happened for Vanessa to up and leave Mark and her children?

Owen walked around the corner and ran to his niece and nephew, crouching down to their level and cooing at them softly.

"Where's Vanessa?" He asked as he looked up and the smile on his face immediately drooped due to the expressions on the other men's faces.

"We don't know." Jackson answered as Mark rubbed his face. 

"You don't know?" Owen stood up and glared at Jackson.

"She ran." 

Owen looked off into the distance and tried to think.

"She didn't stay with you last night?" Mark asked, his anxiety only growing. 

"No? What happened?" Owen demanded, looking at Mark accusingly. 

"She was upset and we were in bed and then she just got up, packed a bag and ran. She didn't say why or where she was going, for how long - she just left me with the kids." Mark explained, running his hands through his hair. 

Owen paged Arizona to the entrance hall to take the kids to daycare as the three men worried about Vanessa and her safety.

"She was really worked up about something - she never said what it was and I never asked but then she just started packing a bag and I tried to go after her but she just ran." Mark was speaking quickly, trying his hardest to remember more details of the night. 

Arizona walked around the corner and saw the mini crowd. She jogged up to them and put her hands on the stroller handles, startling Mark who's back was to her.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" She asked, her award-winning smile plastered over her face but as she looked at each of the men it was quickly replaced by a frown, "What's going on?" She repeated more forcefully and they all looked at eachother before Jackson spoke up.

"Vanessa is...missing. Mark said she ran last night - we don't know why, where to or for how long." As Jackson was explaining, Mark paced further into the hospital, gripping his hair hard enough to pull it out. 

"Do you need me to do anything?" Arizona asked and Jackson nodded, being the only semi-calm person out of the three men.

"Can you take the twins - we need as little distraction as we can get and as many people helping." 

Arizona nodded, smiling weakly before wheeling the kids off to the daycare, leaning down and talking to them cheerily as she walked. As soon as the kids were gone Mark started walking further into the hospital, not speaking to either of the other men as they followed him.