CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Mark woke up and groaned as the sunlight hit his eyes. His immediate response was to cover his eyes but as he went to move his arm he felt Vanessa cling onto it, not letting him go.

He smiled and stopped trying to move his arm as he just watched her body move up and down slightly as she breathed slowly while she slept. Her fingers absentmindedly played with the ring on Mark's finger as she held onto his hand.

Vanessa's eyes fluttered open and she turned her head to meet the pair of bright blue eyes behind her. She immediately smiled at him and he wiped a piece of her hair behind her ear before kissing her quickly.

"Morning." He smiled and her smile grew.

"Good morning." She responded before standing up and walking to the bathroom. Mark watched her leave and groaned, flopping back down onto the bed and rubbing his forehead. 

"We need to start packing for the honeymoon." Vanessa informed as she walked back into the room. 

"Mm, now?" Mark frowned and Vanessa sat on the edge of the bed, laughing slightly.

"Just today. We're leaving tomorrow so..."

"Why did we agree on leaving for our honeymoon they day after the day after our wedding?"

"Because our babysitters can't babysit until tomorrow."

"Who're the babysitters again?" Mark asked, smirking slightly as he rested his head on the headboard and looked at her.

"Lots of different people in the hospital - they're spending a few days with every uncle and auntie they have." Vanessa replied as she got back up and grabbed some clothes for her to change into.

"So who's picking them up tomorrow?"

"Owen."

"Alright." Mark stood up and walked to where Vanessa was getting changed and placed a kiss on her shoulder before she pulled her shirt on and she giggled slightly.

"Stop it," She laughed as he wrapped his arms around her waist, stopping her from pulling her trousers on. He kissed up and down her neck, "Mark Sloan, stop it."

"Mm...nope," His grip on her waist tightened and his kisses became more frequent, "Vanessa Sloan."

She smiled at the name and placed her hands on his. She felt his smile against her neck but it instantly fell as she broke his grip on her waist and turned to face him as she pulled her trousers on quickly.

Mark stared at her as she got changed and she threw her pyjama bottoms at him. He caught them with one hand just before they hit his face.

"You want me to pack these?" He joked and she smiled, shaking her head fondly as she turned her back to him and walking into their wardrobe to search for clothes she was going to pack for their honeymoon.

***

"Hey, little guy." Owen called as he walked through the door and had just enough time to catch Charlie as he ran into his arms.

"Owen?" Vanessa called from the living room as she walked to the front door as Owen pushed it shut.

"Hi." He smiled at her and she was about to say something when Amelia came running toward him as well.

"Oh-Oh." She called as she hugged Owen's leg and Owen brought a hand down to her back to support her.

"Mark's just bringing the bags down." Vanessa informed and as if on cue, Mark came bounding down the stairs with their suitcases in his hands. 

"Who's having the kids after you?" He asked Owen and Owen thought about it for a second before remembering.

"Ah. Shep."