Chapter 3

- Meliodas's Pov -

Diane was still sulking about being locked in the cellar. She was in the front seat while King was non stop apologizing for that but Diane was being Diane. He started the engine and I waved as they drove off. I went back inside the tavern and locked up. I did the last check on everything, Took the money out of the till and went upstairs to the apartment. Zaneri, My girlfriend of 6 years, Was in the kitchen making a sandwich.
"Hey babe" I cheered as Zaneri put a knife in the sink.
"Hey, Meliodas," Zaneri said as I walked up to her and kissed her cheeks.
"How was your afternoon?" I asked as had a scroll in the fridge. I decided on having a can of coke as Zaneri went and sat at the breakfast counter.
"It was okay, Went shopping with Jenna. Then hung out at her place" Zaneri shrugged.
"That's nice. So I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie tonight and maybe order a Chinese?" I held up a takeaway menu as Zaneri put her plate in the sink.
"Yeah about tonight. I might have promised the girls from work that I would go out with them tonight. I'm off to get ready in like 5 minutes" Zaneri admitted "Another night?" She said as she placed her hand on my cheek.
"It's fine. Are you staying out or coming back?" I scrolled down the menu.
"Staying out. Right, I'm off to get ready" Zaneri bobbed my nose and walked off, Swaying her non-existent hips at me. I clicked my tongue and pulled my phone out.
"Since she is going out, I could open up for the night or ring Ban and see if he is free" I muttered to myself. I decided on the latter. I dialled his number.
"Yo Captain. What's up?" Ban sang.
"Yo, I have 3 options for you. 1, Come and do a last-minute night shift. I'll pay over time. 2, Come get drunk with me or 3, I come to yours" I listed.
"Do you like Italian food?" Ban sighed. I told him yes "Then get over here. I'm making Italian stuffed Pasta shells. Oh warning, I have company over"
"Yeah okay. See you in about 20 minutes" I replied. I love Ban's cooking. We both said bye and hung up "I better let Zaneri know" It's not like I could wait till she left but I didn't want to be that guy. Could result in an earful of her. I sometimes wonder why I am with her. I mean, She doesn't really do it for me. Guess it's better than being alone.

- Ellie's Pov -

"Kiara! Your nuggets are ready!" Ban shouted while I tossed the salad. Kiara squealed as she came running in from the garden. I grabbed her and held her hands against the sink. She hummed a song as she washed her hands.
"I'm done, mummy!" I put her on the floor and dried her hands. We then went into the dining room where she did a running jump onto the dining room chair as Ban put her plate down "Thank you Uncle Bonbon"
"It's no worries Kiddo" Ban ruffled her hair and I squeezed some tomato ketchup on her plate "oh fancy meeting someone new"
"Who?" Kiara tilted her head.
"My best friend. He's coming over in like 10 minutes"
"What's he like?" Kiara said with a mouthful of food. I put the salad on the table. Ban went back to the kitchen. I noticed he had avoided the question about his best friend. All I know it that he runs the tavern where King, Ban and Diane work.
"Kiara, Please don't talk with your mouthful," I said sternly.
"Sorry mummy" She replied as she ate another nugget. I told her it was okay and that I was going to help Ban bring the rest of the plates in. I grabbed a plate, Cutlery and napkin for everyone and laid out the table. Ban placed a pitcher of 2 different flavoured drinks on the table and hand Kiara her drink "How did you know I wanted a drink?"
"Magic" Ban bopped her nose "Girls dinner!" Ban shouted.

Diane and Elaine then went into the kitchen and washed up. They both came into the dining room and sat in their seats.
"Hmm... It smells divine" Diane drooled.
"What is it?" Elaine wondered as she placed a napkin on her lap.
"Italian stuff shells," Ban said as he dished up the food.
"Fancy Lasagna basically" Diane whispered in my ear. I giggled.
"I heard that. Kiara, would you like one?" Ban questioned. Kiara nodded and said thank you.
"Urm where is Uncle Oldfart?" Kiara looked around.
"He went to get movie supplies," Diane said as she took a sip of juice. Every Friday since Kiara was born, we have a movie night. Last week we watched Beauty And The Beast.
"Ohhh what are we watching this week? Can we watch Kung Fu Panda. I wanna see Po kick the bad guy's butt into the wall" Kiara did some Kung Fu moves.
"Hmm. I wonder who taught you that" I said as I turned my head towards Ban. He shrugged.
"I'm her Uncle. I'm allowed to teach her stuff you hate" Ban scoffed. I rolled my eyes as Kiara's head shot towards the door.
"I heard a car pull up. It doesn't belong to Oldfart's" She tilted her head.
"How can you tell?" Elaine wondered.
"His car rattles" Kiara answered "I think Ban's best friend is here" I was impressed. Just how good is her hearing? Ban picked up his phone and clicked a load of buttons.
"He's coming over? I've just spent a shift with him" Diane groaned as she sunk down in her chair.
"It's why Uncle Bonbon made an extra dinner" Kiara pointed to the extra plate that was next to mine.
"Nothing gets past you does it, You smart little cookie" Ban laughed.

Kiara grinned and then her head shot around again.
"Uncle Oldfarts here" She announced.
"Her hearing is really good" Diane observed. The front door opened.
"I'm back and found some weirdo at the front door" King yelled.
"Oi! I ain't weird!" The stranger insisted. King giggled and they walked into the front room. They stared at each other and I thought they were about to kill each other.
"Captain!" "Ban!" They both cheered at the same time as they did an odd high-five move.
"Are they always like this?" I whispered to Diane. Diane nodded. She said that it normally ends with an arm wrestle but that changed when the blonde stranger looked at me.
"Hi. I'm Meliodas" He grinned as he held out his hand. I took it and I had this weird feeling in my tummy.
"Hi. I'm Ellie. This is my daughter Kiara" I waved my hand to Kiara.
"I take it that Ellie is short for Elizabeth?" He asked. I nodded as Meliodas knelt down next to her.
"Hi there. I hear your name is Kiara, Is that true?" He spoke kindly to her.
"Hi and yeah that's me!" Kiara said as she reached for her cup "Are you Uncle Bonbon's best friend?"
"I am. And why do you call him Uncle Bonbon?" Meliodas smirked.
"His favourite drink is bonbon" She grinned. Meliodas chuckled as Ban explained it was Bourbon.
"Ah. I see" Meliodas stood up. He sat down in the spare seat next to me.
"I'm done with my dinner. Can I go watch Cartoons?" Kiara asked as we all nodded.
"I'll come and find you when it's movie time," Diane said as Kiara bolted to the front room.
"She is adorable" Meliodas spoke as we finished our dinner. Every time he looks at me, I get a weird feeling in my tummy.
"She is my world. I can't imagine my life without her" I grinned. I always spoke with pride where my daughter was concerned.
"Yeah, We are all pretty attached to her" Elaine replied. Her and King's eyes were glowing.
"You two better not be reading my mind!" I projected my thought to both of them. Both their eyes dimmed while Kiara was laughing in the front room. I wonder what cartoon is she watching. We continued to chat for the next half an hour while everyone ate. the girls and King went back outside to set up the outdoor theatre while Ban went and sat with Kiara.

Me and Meliodas set to the task of washing and drying the dishes. It was only fair as Ban cooked. Besides, It didn't take long to do said task.
"We make a pretty good team," Meliodas remarked as I put the last plate away.
"Yeah guess we do" I agreed.
"Maybe you should come work at The Boar Hat. Things, would get done a lot quicker and go a lot smoother" Meliodas commented as I wiped down the sides.
"If only I wasn't working at the nearby hospital" I joked. I couldn't tell if Meliodas was being serious or just being nice.
"I'll keep the offer open. Besides, It's only Diane there as my girlfriend is always out somewhere else instead of working" I felt a lump in my throat. He has a girlfriend! Guess it's true that all the good-looking ones are either taken or gay.
"Oh, I didn't know you had a girlfriend. What's she like?" I asked nicely.
"Her name is Zaneri Jones. Been with her for 6 years and she's alright, I guess. Have you ever had one of those relationships where you're in it because you don't want to be alone?" Meliodas whispered the last sentence.
"Not entirely. My last relationship wasn't the best. I was scared to leave. What has Ban told you? I don't wanna repeat stuff" I took a cup of the side and dried it.
"Urm. Only his name and some stuff that he did to you. Diane told me the other stuff after King locked her in the cellar"
"Yeah, she still ain't forgiven him for that. Guess we both have had shitty partners" I jested.
"You didn't deserve anything he did to you. He who shall not be named is a total arse and I promise you I shall annoy the fuck out of him next time he is in my bar" Meliodas growled. I was a little taken aback. I had only just met this man tonight and he's already protective "I will admit one thing though" Meliodas put the dishcloth down.
"Oh, and what is that?" I folded my arms.
"Ban never mentioned how beautiful you are"

- Diane's Pov -

I looked through the kitchen window and saw Ellie blushing. I did the kerching gesture.
"So is Ban's plan working?" Elaine whispered. King floated behind us.
"What plan is this again?" He yawned.
"The plan is to make Meliodas realize that Zaneri is a gold-digging whore and to make Ellie happy" Elaine informed me as I heard a laugh. We all stuck our heads up near the window. Hopefully, Ellie doesn't notice us.
"Wonder if we should get Ellie to help us with the Meliodas part of the plan?" I put my finger on my chin.
"Could work. Ask Ban later. It is his plan after all" Elaine stated.
"At least they are talking" King grinned "Did Ellie just smile at him?"
"Yep" Me and Elaine both said.
"I better let Ban know. Elaine keeps your thoughts open and relays anything that happens" King said as he floated off. I couldn't help but smile. I wanted Ellie to be happy and I hate to admit but Meliodas would be a good choice for her. Kiara already likes him. Well according to Ban she does. Guess only time will tell.