Chapter 24

- Ellie's Pov -

I didn't sleep well. I wanted to be back home with my daughter. I wanted to be back with my friends. I wanted to back with Meliodas. I would have called him but my phone is smashed. Hendrickson saw to that. I just wanna hear his voice.
*KNOCK* *KNOCK*
"Come in," I said as I sat up in bed. Amelia opened the door. She was carrying a grey bag with a white box on top of it.
"Oh hey Amelia"
"Good morning. Well, Afternoon. It's two in the afternoon. Guess you slept like shit?" Amelia shuffled the bag and box around so she could hang the bag up on the back of the door. She put the box on a chair.
"Just a tad. If it wasn't for the fact, I am in a room that is 30-odd feet above the ground, I would have made my escape. For some reason, My wings won't work" I sulked. Amelia put her hand on my forehead. she closed her eyes.
"Your Goddess side is weak without her mate"
"Great" I groaned "Have you heard from Meliodas? Is he okay?"
"She will wake up when he is near and he is on his way. He does have a plan but I don't know it yet"
"Can't she wake up now so I can fly out of here?"
"Afraid not"
"This soul mate thing is a load of crap"
"Least you found yours. I came to Camelot to raid the Castle archives. As far as I am aware there is only myself and my older brother that is Mermaids"
"Mates don't affect races. I'm a Goddess and Meliodas is a Demon. Your mate is still out there. They might not be a Mermaid"
"I hope. Would prefer a Merman though. Someone else who knows what it is like to be a child of the ocean"
"I understand that" I look to the bag that was hanging up on the door "Take it that the bag contains an awful-looking dress?"
"It is this poofy lace thing that comes up to the neck and long sleeves. Kinda like Amy's dress from Big Bang Theory but hers was nicer" Amelia unzipped the bag. This is not what I would have chosen.
"At least this marriage will keep me away from My Mother" I pick the shoes up and stared at the shoes. They were basic white heels.
"I don't understand"
"While my mother didn't teach me about Goddess's Powers. I did learn other things. When I was younger, I did hear her telling someone that as soon as I become Queen and married. She would be taking my wings and joining the high-ranking Goddesses above the clouds. This the Goddess way"
"What a bitch!" Amelia exclaimed.
"It only happens to the females. I plan on breaking said tradition. I will not give my wings up. I love flying way too much and when Kiara is older and she becomes Queen. I will not take her wings. My Mother can find another way up to the temples" I felt a weird feeling. Like something or someone was waking up.
"You just got a sudden confidence boost didn't you?" Amelia smirked.
"I did" I grinned as I ran to the window. I scanned the town. Camelot was a gorgeous city. I was about to give up when I saw someone waving on a nearby roof. I squinted and I could just make out a man in a red suit "BAN!" I called out as I waved like crazy. Ban then turned around and jumped off the roof.
"I did say they were coming" Amelia smirked "Now, We need to get you in... In this. Then I can do your hair"

- Bard's Pov -

"Why are my Sons always late?" I grumbled as I paced up and down. I had to be at the castle in half an hour.
"Bard, They will be here. Camelot is a big town. Meliodas has no sense of direction. Zeldris is no better and Estarossa can't use a map" My wife, Mary said as she sat on a nearby wall.
"That doesn't reassure me in the slightest. I'm surprised Meliodas hasn't turned this place into a crater" I continued to pace.
"His Demon side will be weak without his mate so we might be safe. But saying that, If he blows then he blows. We won't have time to stop him"
"Pray he aims his anger at the right people and not at the town folk" I ran my hand over my face.
"At least when he gets Lady Elizabeth back, We will finally have a grandchild. She may not be related by blood. Technically but still. I can't wait to meet her" Mary clapped her hands and grinned "We need to get the spare rooms ready. She can stay over and everything and I can spoil her rotten"
"What happens when Zeldris finally has one? Or if Meliodas gets Lady Elizabeth pregnant?"
"I won't treat any of my Grandkids any different. I am their Nanna. We didn't treat Estarossa any different and he is the adopted one" Mary smiled. I cupped her cheeks and rubbed my nose against her nose.
"That is why I love you" I placed my forehead on hers.
"Could you please not do that in public" Meliodas spoke. I turned my head to the right and all three of my sons were standing there. Ban was behind them.

"You're late" I crossed my arms.
"Don't the good guys arrive late all the time and end up saving the day?" Estarossa held his arms out to the side.
"Bard, You really should be lucky we are on time," Ban said as adjusted his jacket "What, with this many idiots? It was a miracle that we got here in one piece"
"Ban. Forever the joker. Where is everyone else?" I looked behind the four amigos. Mary stood up and hugged our boys and Ban. I may as well adopt Ban. He's like our fourth child.
"Getting in place at the Castle. Waiting on our plan. Think the Zodiacs were planning to wing it" Meliodas looked to the east where the castle was based.
"Never a good sign. I take it the water twins are going to flood the castle?" Mary rolled her eyes.
"Mary, Dear you know they aren't twins. There's like 10 years between the two" I folded my arms.
"Really? Hmm. Both are as deadly as each other. Now, what is your plan?" Mary sat back on the wall.
"May I offer some advice? Or offer some help" All our heads spun. Meliodas stood in front of Mary and took up a fighting stance. Zeldris and Estarossa turned on their marks and Ban, Well Ban just stood there.
"King Uther Pendragon. May I ask why you grace us with your presence?" I pondered as I stood tall.

- Uther's Pov -

"King Blackwood, If you are going to make a plan of getting Elizabeth back, I wish to contribute" I spoke as Bard and the Prince's mouths dropped. The tall one with red eyes just stood there.
"You want to help? Why? It was your men that kidnapped her and shot us!" The silver boy pointed at me.
"Damn near killed this one! The one she is in a relationship with" The black hair demon grunted as he walked forward.
"Boys! Remember your place. We are on his territory. We can't hurt him" Bard bellowed.
"King Uther. What do you have in mind that gives me back my woman?" The Blondie said as a mark appeared on his forehead. He was the calmest out of everyone.
"Firstly, I wouldn't have kidnapped your woman if I knew she was with you. Secondly, You could hurt me but face the wrath of my wife and thirdly, Has Bartra told you why he is marrying Ellie to someone that is not loyal to Liones?"
"No. He has not" Mary shook her head.
"It is because of Caroline. Lady Elizabeth's Mother. She is not to be trusted"
"Why?" The tall Demon quizzed.
"Caroline plans on taking Lady Elizabeth's wings"
"What the fuck?" Blondie cursed as his mark got bigger. To the point, it covered his entire forehead.
"Meliodas language! Or God helps me, I will beat your ass" King Blackwood warned.
"It is quite alright. When my wife told me, I had the same reaction. It is believed that when a Female Goddess becomes Queen, Their parents forcibly remove their wings"
"I still don't get why?" Meliodas grumbled.
"It is believed that they will gain the power from their children's wings and will be able to ascend to the sky and be with the pureblood Goddesses"
"What a load of bullshit!" Black hair yelled.
"Zeldris! Same warning!" Bard warned.
"Sorry but it is. If the Goddesses wanted to ascend to heaven then they shouldn't remove their wings! Not take their children's wings" Zeldris grabbed his hair in frustration "And they call us Demons monsters"
"Doesn't happen in the lower ranks. Higher rank Goddess look down on them"
"So we don't let Ellie near Caroline for the rest of her life" The silver hair Demon crossed his arms.
"What is your plan the Uther?" The tall human ponders as Meliodas hung his head low.
"Either kill Caroline. Or, the most unpopular opinion, Kill Lady Elizabeth" I said. I heard a growl and a hand on my throat. I yelled in pain as I was forced into a brick wall.
"Touch my woman and I will kill you!" Meliodas grunted. His arms were coated in black swirls.
"She wouldn't be dead for long" I gurgled and tried to pull Meliodas's hand off my neck. Meliodas yelled as he swung his fist at my head. I closed it and braced for impact. I then landed on the floor. I gasped for air as I looked up. Meliodas had been pulled off me by Mary.
"Meliodas, My sweet boy. It will be okay. I promise you. I can in his mind. He speaks the truth" Mary had pulled Meliodas into a tight embrace. Meliodas wrapped his arms around his Mother's waist.
"Mum. I can't lose her. Even if it was faked" He mumbled as Mary stroked the back of his head.
"I know baby. There must be another way" Mary glared at me "Something that guarantees Lady Elizabeth's safety and the safety of your city and its people"
"My people? You would declare war on Camelot" I frowned.
"Not exactly. I take it you have heard of my son here. Known in the Demon realm as a loose cannon. Bad-tempered. Oddly protective. Ruthless. Basic asshole really" Bard smirked.
"Thanks, Dad" Meliodas grumbled.
"And he says we can't swear" Zeldris muttered.
"Shush boys. If his mate is harmed, He or us will not be able to control his wrath and he would end up blowing a huge hole in the middle of the beautiful city" Mary insisted.
"What about if we kidnap Ellie?" Estarossa clicked his fingers.
"You got a plan boy?" I folded my arms.
"We shoot Arthur and take Ellie back but we don't use bullets. We use red paintballs"
"Where can we get paintballs an hour before the wedding?" Zeldris sighed.
"There is a shop down the street that sells paintball equipment. Give them this card" I handed over a white card with the royal seal "It will get you whatever you need"
"Thank you" Bard nodded "Ban, Get moving. Red paintballs only"
"Laters" Ban put his hands in his pockets and walked off.
"Ban! Wait up! Mum, Dad. See you at the castle. Zeldris, Estarossa. Inform the Sins, Commandments and Zodiacs what is going on" Meliodas said as he kissed his Mother's cheek and ran off after Ban.
"I will inform the Knights Of The Round table. Just in case, they go nutty. They are oddly protective of Arthur. Bard, Mary. Would you like a ride to the Castle?"
"I would very much like that. I hate walking in heels" Mary smiled as she walked to my carriage "I will see you, boys, later. Go cause trouble" Mary winked.
"I don't know who I am more scared of, Meliodas, My wife or Yours" I addressed Bard.
"My money is my wife" Bard joked. We all walked to the carriage as the 2 other Demon Princes ran off towards their brother. I hope this plan goes well.

- Arthur's Pov -

I really don't want to do this. I sat on the end of my bed. My darling wife Gwen was helping me get ready.
"I can tell you don't want to do this whole thing" Gwen placed her hands on my cheeks "You could always run away with me. I hear that Benwick is looking for a Tavern owner"
"That's part of The Fairy realm and Humans are not really welcome. They are only allowed on the outskirts"
"Damn. We could move to Magnolia"
"Doesn't your cousin Lucy live there?" I sighed.
"Yeah, She's part of some wizard guild"
"If my mother wasn't around and Astrid had somehow been killed. Then I would run away with you" I stood up and I lent my forehead on Gwen's "I would. Just so I can grow old with you. Watch our children play and grow up. Sit on the front porch in summer. Feel the summer breeze on our faces as our grandchildren play in the garden. but you know I can't. I have a duty to my country"
"You also have a duty to your heart" Gwen placed her left hand on my chest. I gripped it tightly.
"One-day things will be different. For know. I must do what needs to be done. For you" I moved my right hand so it hovered over Gwen's tummy "And for our little one"
"I love you"
"I love you more" I pulled Gwen into a kiss.
*KNOCK* *KNOCK*
Me and Gwen pulled away as the door opened. It was my mother.
"Oh Hello Mother"
"Lady Pendragon" Gwen bowed.
"Easy Kids. I just came to see my son. Everyone is waiting downstairs. Hustle your bustle. And Gwen, How is my grandchild?"
"What?" I said as Gwen looked away.
"Fox Sin Of Greed is not the only one who has ears and eyes on every wall. I'm not mad. I know you two belong together. I just wish it was allowed to be made public"
"This is a load of poo hucky" Gwen folded her arms.
"If only we could find out where your family came from and if they have a crest" I pulled Gwen into a hug.
"What is your maiden name?"
"Castellio. That was where I was born till it was destroyed" Gwen smiled.
"I know that surname. Allow me to do some research into that name. It may prove useful. I need to talk to Fox Sin Of Greed" My mother said as she pulled her phone out "Downstairs, 10 minutes. Hello, Merlin" Mother walked out of my room.
"I will see you shortly" I kissed Gwen on the cheek. I then bent down and kissed her stomach "Be good, My little one"
"We love you" Gwen rubbed her belly.
"I love you both too"

- Bartra's Pov -

The fanfare started and we all stood to rise. Uther was standing with my Daughter. She looked so grown up! Been so long since I saw her. The last time I saw her was 6 weeks ago when she strolled into the castle and told me and her mother that she wasn't being set up with The Demon Prince. Before that, it was 4 years. At least her mother won't get hold of her. Uther will keep Caroline away from her. Ellie will be able to keep her wings.
"Look at Lady Elizabeth!"
"She looks amazing!"
"I can't believe that is the Princess. I can see why they hid her away"
"She is so beautiful!"I looked around the crowd. I thought Ellie's friends would have been here. Ellie's gaze fell on me. She may look happy but her eyes were sad. This broke my heart.
"Bartra, Are you okay?" Caroline asked as she placed her hand on my shoulder "Tears of happiness?" I put my hand on my face. She was right. I did have tears.
"That. But also sadness. I should have been the one to give her away. Not Uther" I lied.
"She will be happy here. I wonder if Uther will allow me to spend time with Ellie before she goes on the honeymoon" Caroline removed her hand as she stared at Elizabeth's back.
"I highly doubt it. They are leaving right after the party"
"How unfortunate. I must be able to spend some time with her at some point before the month is out"
"She's part of their family now. I doubt she will have time for us" I pouted as the vicar told us to sit down.
"We will see" Caroline mumbled. Ellie stood next to Arthur, not by choice but because Uther made her. He still had his hands on her shoulders.
"DEARLY BELOVED!" The Vicar shouted.

- Zeldris Pov -

"Remember, don't get up until the Vicar says does anyone one object" I warned Meliodas who was sitting on his hands. Ban and our Dad made him.
"Has everyone got what they need" Our Father spoke. I nodded.
"Estarossa and King are in the gallery above the door. Ready to shoot Arthur. 5 of The Commandments are outside. Since there are a lot of windows up here, I can see Meliodas grabbing Ellie and jumping out the window with her. Someone has to catch them"
"And ruin a perfectly good suit. Oh, ye of little faith" Meliodas joked. I could see that deep down, he was fighting his inner demon. It was the way he was sitting on his hands.
"Quiet in the audience please!" The Vicar bellowed. Me and Dad hung our heads. Ban chuckled behind us.
"As I was saying. Does anyone object to the union of these two? Speak now forever hold your peace"
"I DO!" Meliodas stood up. I looked at Ellie and her hands were covering her mouth. Uther pulled Ellie closer "Uther, Get the hell off my woman!"
"Your woman? I don't understand. Just who the hell do you think you are?" Uther pushed Ellie to the side where she landed in Arthur's arms.
"I am the First Prince Of The Demons. Meliodas Blackwood. And Lady Elizabeth is my woman. So I suggest that you hand her over to me" Meliodas pulled a gun out of his jacket and aimed in at Arthur "Or I put a new hole in your son!"
"Do that and I will bring war to your country!" Uther snarled.
"Fine, Then I came at you as Dragon Sin Of Wrath, Captain Of The Seven Deadly Sins" Meliodas eyes turned black. Meliodas clicked the gun safety off "I will shoot him"
"That's the asshole of Liones!"
"Does that mean The Seven Deadly Sins are here?"
"Think King Uther is fucked!"
"Meliodas" Ellie mumbled "Don't do this" She looked so scared.
"I don't understand. My men said that Lady Elizabeth was single. Her mother is the one that set this up" Arthur hissed.
"We've been keeping our relationship a secret. We didn't want people getting in our business" Meliodas shrugged.
"Meliodas, I can't let you walk out of here with Elizabeth. For the sake of the land. I will be the one to marry her not you! Now take your short ass out of here and stop ruining my day" Arthur yelled. He pushed Ellie to the side and she fell to the ground.
"Short ass?" Meliodas raised both his eyebrows "No one calls me short ass"
"Short -" Arthur was cut off when Meliodas shot him in the chest. Arthur clutched his chest and his hands were coated with blood.
"You Motherfucker" Arthur grunted as he fell to the floor. Meliodas smirked.
"Knights assemble!" Uther yelled as every single of the Knights stood to their feet. Guns aimed at Meliodas "You were stupid to come alone"
"Who said he was alone?" Ban said as me, he, The Sins, Commandments, and Zodiacs stood up. The Knights gasped as they backed off a little.
"I also brought friends. You know our stories, Do you really want the townspeople caught up in this?" Meliodas aimed the gun at Uther "End this now"
"Everyone but Bartra, Caroline, Mary and Bard. Please go home. The wedding is cancelled. Not just because the groom has been shot but also because I don't anyone else to get hurt" Uther ordered as everyone left. Some ran and screamed, and others complained that they didn't get free food.
"Now, While my gun is still out. We have some talking to do" Meliodas said as he strolled towards Ellie.
"Caroline, Go to our room. I will be there shortly" Bartra kissed his Queen on her cheek.
"Same for you Mary. We have some business to attend to" Dad said as he glared at Arthur's body "I'll be along soon" The Queen's soon left. I had ordered the Commandments to stand near the windows. The Zodiacs were left to patrol the perimeter. Ban was talking with Bartra. Meliodas had made it to Ellie. He held his hand out so he could help her stand up.
"Need a hand up?" Meliodas smiled softly. Ellie frowned as she slapped his hand away and stood up.
"You shot him. He did nothing and you shot him!" She spat. Meliodas hung his head so his bangs covered his face "I've got to get out off here!" Ellie pushed past Meliodas.
"So you are dating my daughter!" Bartra shouted at Meliodas as Ellie took off running.
"Go after her. You doughnut!" Estarossa whispered as he nudged Meliodas with his elbow.
"Oh right yeah. Bartra, My Dad will explain!" Meliodas grinned as he legged it after Ellie. Bartra turned to my Dad.

- Estarossa's Pov -

"What the hell is going on?!" Bartra demanded to know.
"Your Daughter is the mate of my Son" Bard shrugged.
"I thought they hated each other?"
"Well, there is a very thin line between love and hate and is The Sins. They got them talking" Dad gestured to the Sins. They were busy helping the Pendragons clean up. Diane, Libra and Capricorn were talking with Uther. He had apologized for their mistreatment. Turns out Astrid is a witch that can brainwash people into doing what she wants. Stupid cow. Lady Igraine also apologized to Diane for allowing her stepmother to treat her this way.
"But they hated each other" Bartra ran his hands over his face.
"Now, They are mates," My Dad said as Bartra looked around.
"Make sure Caroline stays away from Ellie" He begged.
"We will and we know why" Dad held his hand out for Bartra to shake. Bartra happily accepted.
"A Goddess and A Demon. You couldn't make this shit up" I came up behind the group. Dad smacked him around the back of the head "OW!"
"Language!"

- Meliodas's Pov -

"Ellie! Will you stop running!" I panted as I ran after her. Considering she is in heels, My woman is fast!
"You killed Arthur! He didn't do a damn thing and you shot him!" She bellowed as she turned a corner and end up at a dead end.
"No, I didn't" I rolled my eyes as I walked towards Ellie.
"Yes, you did I saw you shoot him. There was blood and everything" She pointed to the church. I walked a little closer and Ellie grabbed a plank of wood.
"He ain't dead. He's very much alive" I held my hands up.
"I don't understand" Ellie stood like a baseball player.
"We shot him with paint guns. The blood was dark red paint" I pulled my gun out and showed Ellie. I offered it to her "Take it. Go on. It won't bite" She dropped the wood and took it off me "Fire it at me"
"How do I know you are telling the truth?" I smiled as Ellie looked confused.
"If I bleed, You can run for the hills. I won't chase you. No blood then we go home together" I took off my jacket and my shirt. Ellie took another deep breath and aimed the gun at me.
"Meliodas, You sure this is a good idea? I don't want to hurt you"
"Yep. I promise you, I didn't kill Arthur. I wouldn't kill anyone unless it was necessary" I insisted.
"But you are the Captain Of The Seven Deadly Sins. Most feared gang member in Liones. You guys were in a shootout at the docks last month" The gun was shaking in Ellie's hand.
"We never fired a bullet. We used tranquillizers. Ellie, We work for the Crown. Liones is split into 3 sections. Sins, Commandments and Zodiacs. We ain't evil gangs. We let the public believe that. We take down the bad guys. Like drug dealers, Serial killers. Traffickers. We get a call from the Court. We call Merlin. We go to where ever, Knock out bad guys. hand over bad guys to the police and get paid. We don't kill. Everything we do, Is to protect the Kingdom. Everything I do, Is to protect you and Kiara" I explained. Ellie stared at me. She then threw the gun away.
"I trust you. You should have told me that you were a Sin from the start" Ellie grinned "Put your shirt on. I don't want people getting the wrong idea"
"Depends on what the wrong idea is?" I raised my right eyebrow and buttoned up my shirt. I walked over to Ellie and picked up the paint gun and hid it in my jacket.
"That you were about to take me here and now" Ellie bit her bottom lip.
"That might just have to be later. I have many reasons why I want you out of that dress. Only one is an 18+" I smirked as I held out my hand for Ellie to take.
"Might be tempted to let you at on the 18+ thought. Right now. I need out of this dress and into jeans and trainers" Ellie bobbed me on the nose.
"Let's go back to Liones"

- Kiara's Pov -

"MUMMY!" I yelled as I flew at my Mummy. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and kissed my head all over "I missed you! Did Uncle Bonbon tell you that I can read minds?"
"He did. I find that very cool. You can show me tomorrow"
"Can I sleep here again? Auntie Elaine has been showing me how to use my powers and I wanna get better at them"
"Don't you have school tomorrow?" Mummy did a fish face.
"Since she threw up. She is off school for two days. I rang up this morning, Pretending to be you" Auntie Elaine raised her hand "So she is off tomorrow anyway. Back the day after"
"So can I Mummy?" I begged. Mummy closed her eyes and sighed.
"Yes you can stay"
"YAY!"
"Since you are staying here. I am going home to have a long hot bubble bath" Mummy grinned "I have missed my bed"
"Do you want some food first? Ban's bringing chippy back and he always brings back enough to feed the 5000" Auntie Elaine asked my Mummy.
"Sure. I need a cuppa. Does anyone else want one?" Mummy offered.
"This is my house. I should be the one making tea!" Auntie Elaine argued. Mummy told her to shush.
"I'll take one" Meliodas raised his hand. Mummy smiled and she and Auntie Elaine walked to the kitchen. I sat on the floor and played with my dollies. Meliodas fell on the sofa. He laid on his back. I think he was tired.
"I told you that you would get her back" I smiled.
"That you did. Maybe you can predict the future as well" Meliodas yawned. I got up and stood next to him.
"Meli? Can I ask you a question?" I tapped Meliodas on his leg.
"Sure Sweetie. What is it?" He rolled off the sofa and sat on his knees in front of me.
"Do you love my Mummy?"
"Yes. Very much" Meliodas cheeks went red.
"Will you be my Daddy?"