Chapter 34

- Ellie's Pov -

My arms were pinned behind my back as Slader dragged me through the stone hall. I knew he where he taking me. I did grow up in this stupid castle. I was being taken to my parents.
"Why are you doing this?" I said as I stumbled up the stairs. Slader sighed and threw me over his shoulder.
"It's just a job. I owe Caroline a great deal of money and this is the only way I can pay her back" Slader huffed.
"That ain't fair, She is using you as a pawn. What did you need the money for? If you don't mind me asking"
"Not at all. I was an alcoholic and a gambler. Got in the wrong crowd. Borrowed money from a loan shark. I begged Bartra to help me but he turned me away but Caroline didn't, She helped me. Paid my debts off. Got me into rehab. She helped me. I owe her my life and money" Slader put me back down on the floor.
"Do you really want to keep doing this for the rest of your life though?" I tilted my head.
"Not really. I don't enjoy being a thug for hire. I want to be happy and free. With the man I love"
"Who do you love?"
"Gowther Loveday Jr. He is part of the Seven Deadly Sins. Sin Of Lust. Though he doesn't feel the same way about me" Slader looked sad.
"How do you know that for sure?"
"He has a girlfriend. Her name is Guilia. They have been together forever" Slader sighed as he answered a little bit too quickly. We stood outside a large double door "I'm sorry for what Mael will do to you"
"Well hopefully Meliodas will get here in time" I took a deep breath as I held my head up and shoulders back.

Slader muttered something under his breath, Slader then picked me up and ran off "Slader what are you doing?!" I hissed.
"Getting you to Meliodas. I know what Mael plans to do with you. And your Mother"
"Let me guess, My Mother is going to make me marry Mael and take my wings" I rolled my eyes "Same shit. Different day"
"She is going to make you give your wings up to protect the vampire and Demon Queen" Slader panted as he ran faster.
"Then take me back. To keep Gelda and Mary safe. I would gladly give up my wings!" I struggled. Slader then stopped running and put me on the floor, I thought he was going to untie me but he just stared at me.
"Lady Elizabeth, Mael is going to kill you on your wedding night. Caroline is marrying you the moment you walk into that room. I can get Vamps and Demon Queen out later but first I need to get you to safety" Slader then threw me back over his shoulder and took off running once more.
"But my Mother will have your ass thrown in the cells for not taking me to her"
"I'll deal with that bridge when I come to it. Besides, it's not your safety that I am thinking of. If I am to be truly honest. It's the town folk. If you die then Sir Meliodas will blow this place up. Make it a crater. He's already done it once" Slader hid behind a statue.
"I know. It's in Dublin. You could at least untie me"
"Not yet. I'm taking you to the dungeons under the Westside. Keep your power levels low. I'll bring your friends to you. Just stay hidden"
"Thank you, Slader" I smiled.
"All I ask in return is that you make sure Meliodas doesn't kill me and can get me out of here"

- Meliodas's Pov -

"Son, You can't just barge into the place" My Father spoke. I was running around The Boar Hats basement. I kept a certain object here and a few guns but because we have so much fricking crap. It was hard to find things.
"Why not? My girl is in there, and so are Gelda and Mum. How are you not going crazy?" I tossed a box over my shoulder "Where the fuck is it?"
"What are you looking for?" Dad folded his arms.
"Lostvayne. My sacred treasure. I'm going to shove it up Mael's arse"
"You sure about using that thing? The last time you used that thing, You couldn't make your clone disappear so Ban had to kill it"
"I believe he stated that killing my clone was great practice for when he has to kill me in real life" I chuckled.
"If only you weren't a demon" I heard from the top of the stairs. I craned my neck to view.
"Yo Ban. Do you know where my sword is? And where is Kiara?" I said as I went back to ransacking the place.
"Kiara is with Diane and Elaine. Zeldris's little Zelda is with them too and Yeah I know where it is but I don't think it is a good idea for you to use it. We need to be crafty about this. Caroline and Bartra will be expecting you to go all, Well Meliodas about this" Ban folded his arms. I heard the front door knock. I didn't care.
"If it was Elaine that was kidnapped, Are you honestly telling me that you, Fox Sin Of Greed, Would be patient and not take a running leap over the wall" I kicked a box out of the way.
"I would and I know that you would have my back but there is an army at their front gates. We have never taken an army on. Some petty gang here and there. Pissed off Italy's Mafia. Faked Zeldris's kidnapping"
"Hang on. That was you guys!?" Dad raised his voice.
"Well done Ban. It was when. What is his name? That twat from France. He wanted an alliance with the Demons and his daughter wanted Zeldris. It was his idea" I shrugged as I climbed up in the rafts.
"You could have let me know. I wouldn't have told the poncy snail sucker to shove his alliance where the sun doesn't shine. I blamed him and everything" Dad sat down on a crate. He started coughing again.
"Bard, You alright?" Ban knelt down as I fell off the basement roof "You're such an idiot. Look, Your sword isn't down here. I've hidden it somewhere you won't even think of looking"
"I want my sword. DO NOT MAKE ME ASK TWICE!" I turned my mark on. Bard clenched but Ban just stood there.
"Or what? You'll kill me? Slice me in two. Take my head off? Bigger men than you have tried and failed"
"Don't forget you gave you that scar Ban. If I can give you that, Just think what more I could do" I snarled.
"Meliodas, Enough. Ban stop pissing him off" Dad stood between us, Arms outstretched. Pushing us apart "I'm already dying of Cancer. I don't want to get caught up in your fight" Ban went to speak but King came flying down the stairs.
"CAPTAIN!" He screamed. I grabbed him by his face and flung him over my shoulder "OFFT!"
"Sorry. What's wrong?" I folded my arms.
"There's a dude called Simon here. He has a message for you from the castle" King dusted himself down. I ran up the stairs, taking two at a time.

"What do you want?" I demanded. Ban and Dad had my back. King and Zeldris are on either side. Estarossa by the door.
"My name is Simon Garrison. I work in the castle. My boss is called Slader. He is babysitting Miss Evans, Mrs Blackwood and Lady Elizabeth" Simon held his head up and held out a letter. I snatch it off him "Paper cut" Simon waved his finger in the air.
"What does it say, Captain?" Ban leaned over my shoulder.
"Caroline is going to make Ellie marry Mael. If Ellie doesn't comply then Caroline will kill Mum and Gelda. The wedding is at sunset. Slader is planning on tricking Mael to be at the Eastside. Ellie, Mum and Gelda are going to be on the West Side" I read. I then handed Ban the letter "I don't recognize the seal"
"It's the Roars Of Dawn seal. They work under Bartra" King pointed out "As far as I am aware of. The Zodiacs deal with them"
"That is correct. My Stepbrother is Sagittarius" Simon nodded "Everyone has a connection to someone from the Zodiacs. Whether it be romantically, Family ties and childhood bollocks"
"Does Mael?" Estarossa spoke up. Simon frowned and shook his head.
"Not my place to say. Take it up with Libra" Simon shrugged.
"So that's a yes then. Well, we can't use them. So it looks like it is just us Sins going to rescue the girls. Simon, Tell Slader we will be there an hour before sunset. GO now!" I ordered as I turned my mark back on. Simon ran out the door, Tail between his legs "Zeldris contact The Commandments, Ban, You got Zodiacs. I'll get Merlin"
"You just said -" Dad replied.
"Why am I going to trust the word of the man who works for the castle? He could end up reporting what happened here to Caroline and she is so desperate for wings that she will end up killing Ellie" I turned my head sideways.
"Captain. What's your plan?"

- Libra's Pov -

"So... Can I count on you to cause as much havoc as possible?" Meliodas asked as I placed him on speakerphone. I gathered everyone around.
"You're telling me that we can cause as much trouble as we like to Liones castle as long as we don't touch the Westside?"
"That is correct. The Commandments are also going to be there so it should be an easy fight. I just want my family safe"
"I wouldn't go that far as to say it was an easy fight. We still have to get past Liones army and without your giant backing us up. It may be a bit more difficult"
"Don't worry about our jobs, You lot just do your thing. Burn the place to the ground for all I care"
"Alright then" I smiled.
"Does Bartra know? Is this classed as treason?" Capricorn asked as Leo started running around like a looney. He started ordering Cancer and Aries to gather resources.
"I don't really know how to answer that" Meliodas sighed.
"I do!" I heard Ban yell "We're about to piss the Queen off! So if that is treason then yeah, We are committing treason"
"Okay. Aquarius! Protocol 31!" Capricorn shouted. I soon heard banging coming from the kitchen.
"What the fuck is protocol 31?" Meliodas hissed.
"Honestly, I have no idea. Right, We better get moving. Don't worry Meliodas, We got your back!" I hung up the phone "Anyone wanna back out now?" I looked around the room. Pisces was the only one who stood up.
"I just wanna say that if this plan of theirs goes tips up. It has been an honour to fight alongside you all!" He cheered.
"I always wanted to piss off the Supreme Deity. Think it's my Demon blood talking" Virgo punched her fist into her hand.
"Libra, Should I get the ship ready in case it goes tips up?" Aquarius had her iPad out.
"I think that would be wise. Make sure Diane, Elaine and the kids are on board as well. We can't leave them behind. Scorpio will you make sure Estarossa gets the message about this and gets it to Meliodas" I wiggled my finger. Scorpio nodded and ran off.
"I need that thingamajig and the whatchamacallit!" Leo yelled. I spun around to see Aries tossing some metal object to Leo "What is this malarkey?" Leo waved something metal in Aries's face.
"You said you needed this and that. You nincompoop!" Aries smacked the thing away. I rolled my eyes as I vaulted over the bar. I pulled a secret lever and it turned the booze bottles on the back wall into a wall of weapons. There were 12 different shelves so I find my shelf. Mine only had two guns. One handheld and a shotgun. I prefer knives and swords.
"So I'll take this handheld and my katakana" I grinned as I spun my weapons in my hands "Might need to practice first. Been a few years"

After half an hour of Leo pissing Aries and Gemini off, He finally finished his weird metal thing.
"What did you make?" Taurus eyes it up.
"A bomb that will explode with either a Goddess's ARK or a Demon's Hellblaze. As a human, I don't really have a power that works" Leo tossed the bomb up and down in his hands.
"What does yours do again?" Cancer huffed as lifted crates from the bar to the floor.
"Purojeria, Rapid aging. I can't seem to make it work unless I am angry. So either I stay pissed all the time or see if Merlin can remove the power"
"That would be painful" I folded my arms. Leo placed the bomb on a table.
"I do have to ask, Why are we risking our lives for the short ass" Leo as he stood in front of me.
"I owe him a favour from long ago. He saved me from a burning building" I huffed. It was neither a lie nor the truth. I guess that I will have to explain the truth one day. Maybe next century.
"And you didn't fall in love with him? Isn't that his thing? Saves the girls, They fall for him" Leo hopped onto a bar stall.
"It's not a TV show where the Hero saves the girl. She falls in love. Or the girl tells the hero to fuck off and he falls in love with her" Taurus put her hands on her hips.
"May as well be. Now. Cancer and Cap. With me. We need to make a beeline for the firework store" Leo clicked his fingers as he hopped off the stool and walked out of the bar. I saw that Cancer and Capricorn both rolled their eyes and followed him.
"Everyone. Go do your thing. Either meet back here, at The ship or at West Side Tunnel. I'll text Cap" I ordered as I walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and pulled a necklace from inside my shirt. It was a gold locket that had a picture of me and Mael in it. We used to be happy "Oh Mael. What did the curse do to you?"