Chapter 19

- Ellie's Pov -

"Mummy, When is the 25th?" Kiara asked me as she sat down at the coffee table.
"Tomorrow, Why?" I sipped my tea.
"Meliodas's birthday is tomorrow and so is Zellys and I want to make them a card" Kiara grabbed her colouring pens and some paper.
"Aww, that is sweet. Should we head out and get him something before we meet him later?"
"What can we get him? He has everything!"
"I'll text Ban and ask him" I commented as I grabbed my phone.
Me: Yo Nugget! Wat can I get Meliodas for his bday?????
Nugget: Urm, I don't actully no. I normally just get him a crate of Vanya ale and get pissed all night
Me: Don't you do that most nights with him?
Nugget: Fair point.
Me: What does he like?

Nugget: U, booze. Japanese food. Dragons. Fighting. PlayStation.
Nugget: I think watever u get him, he will love it
Nugget: put a bow on ur head. u can be his prezzie I rolled my eyes. Ban can be such a pain
Me: Yeah, tats helpful!
Nugget: He would love it. B his best bday ever!
Me: u really r not helping
Nugget: I am ur best friend. I not supposed to b helpful
Me: u also no Meliodas better than me.
Me: Can u help me or not?
Nugget: There's a shop in town that sells bar stuff.
Me: u mean abbots?
Nugget: yeah that. There's a tankard that he wants but has never got round 2 buying. It has a dragon eating itself logo on it. It matches his tattoo
Me: I didn't know he had a tattoo
Nugget: It's like mine. We got them at the same time
Me: oh ok.
Me: Thank you very much
Nugget: No worries I put my phone down and tapped Kiara on her shoulder.
"Baby, Fancy taking a trip into town?"

After we had been to town and pick some bits up. I sat in my front room, About to start reading some paperwork from my new lawyer when I heard the front door knock.
"That's Auntie Elaine's knock!" Kiara cheered. I got off the sofa and went into the hallway. Kiara was right, Elaine was here. I smiled as I open the door.
"Hey, Elaine. Come on in" I greeted as Elaine looked over her shoulder and spun around.
"Hey, Ellie. I swear King was with me? We left at the same time"
"Oh well. So why are you here?" I asked as Elaine shut the door behind her.
"Can we talk in the kitchen?"
"Sure. Kiara? Be good in the front room. I need to talk to Auntie Elaine"
"Can I get a hug first?" Kiara said as she ran out of the room and straight into Elaine's arms.
"Hey midget" Elaine smiled softly.
"Hi. Okay. I'm going to go back to my drawing" Kiara grinned as she skipped back into the front room.

Me and Elaine went to the kitchen.
"Tea?" I said as I pointed to the kettle.
"No Thanks," Elaine declined.
"Elaine, What's going on?" I sat down at the table as did Elaine.
"Ban found more out about why Thomas Green buggered off"
"How?" I lent back in my chair. How does that man find shit out so fast?
"He sent Meliodas this morning to the law firm. Turns out that Chandler Peckham is Meliodas's uncle"
"Why would he help me?"
"Someone told Meliodas's Mum that you are his mate and she told Chandler" Elaine smiled.
"Who told her?"
"No idea"
"Oh well. People were bound to find out sooner or later. More importantly, Does Chandler work for my uncle?"
"Yes and he does know about you and Kiara" Elaine admitted. I felt the wind leave my lungs. My hands were shaking.
"I'm going to have to leave" I stuttered. Elaine placed her hands on mine.
"Denzal said he won't drop you it with your Dad. He's known about you for a few years now"
"Oh, that is just great. So why did Green bugger off?" I ran my hands through my hair.
"Green doesn't believe you. Thinks your case is bogus. He's been giving out your details to someone called Ludociel Storm. Mael's Lawyer"
"Oh, that is just the cherry on top. Tuesday is going to be rough"
"According to Meliodas, Chandler has never lost a case"
"I don't how I feel about that. I got to meet him tomorrow at 3. I don't want to go by myself" I placed my head on the table.
"Get Meliodas to go with you" Elaine replied "You know he would. He would do anything for you"
"I'll ask him. Are you still okay to pick Kiara up from school tomorrow?"
"Yes, Who is picking Kiara up on Tuesday?" Elaine tilted her head.
"I can't remember if I asked anyone" I shrugged.
"Does Kiara have any after-school clubs" Elaine questioned as I stood up and looked at the fridge.
"Urm, Yeah till 5 so should be able to pick her up" I sighed. I leant my elbow on the table and leaned into my hand "It's going to be a long few days"

As Elaine went to speak, We heard a small tornado heading our way.
"Mummy? When are we going to the park?" Kiara said as she walked into the kitchen.
"Soon baby. Shall we make a picnic?" I smiled as held my arms out for Kiara to run into.
"Yeah! Oh Mummy, Have you told Auntie Elaine that I have my wings?"
"Oh no. I forgot too. We were too busy chatting"
"You have your wings? Oh my god. Can you show me?" Elaine smiled. Kiara looked at me.
"Can I Mummy?" Kiara tilted her head.
"Yeah. Remember, Pretend you are taking your wings out of your toy box and you are putting them on" I whispered as I put her on the floor.
"Yes, Mummy" Kiara closed her eyes. It took a few minutes but Kiara got her wings out "I did it!!" Kiara cheered as Elaine floated around Kiara.
"They look amazing sweetie. Can you fly yet?"
"No. I tried but I couldn't do it" Kiara looked at the floor. Elaine ruffled Kiara's hair.
"It's a fine sweetie. You will get it one day. It took me and King over 10 years to get our wings"
"But you're fairies. I'm a Goddess. I should be able to fly!" Kiara stamped her foot and the house shook. Kiara fell on her bum. Elaine was fine as she was floating but I fell to my knees. Things fell off the shelves. Kiara looked around at the mess "Did I do that?"
"I don't know" I admitted as I crawled to Kiara and checked her over "Are you okay though?"
"Yes Mummy"
"Okay. Let's our bags and we can go to the park"
"Okay. Mine's in the front room" Kiara ran off.
"She did the earthquake didn't she?" Elaine said as soon as Kiara was out of earshot.
"Yep"  I folded my arms as I nodded "Her powers are awakening"
"When did it start?"
"When she healed me the other day. She thought I was having a heart attack" My cheeks puffed out "It's going to be a lot harder to hide her from my Mother now"