Chapter 32

- Ellie's Pov -

46 hours. 46 hours was how long Elaine was in labour. I left Kiara with Zeldris and Gelda. Meliodas had fallen asleep in the chair. Elaine was out for the count. King had popped home to grab some fresh clothes for everyone. Diane was home with the babies. I was at the coffee machine grabbing drinks when Ban came into view.
"Hey, How are you holding up?" I gave him a cup of coffee.
"The miracle of birth is a total snooze fest" Ban yawned "Yours and Diane's labour was quicker put together than this"
"Everyone is different. I am surprised that the doctors have left Elaine in labour this long"
"They said it was because of Elaine's race. Something about she's a fairy and has a higher pain tolerance" Ban rubbed the back of his head. He downed his coffee in one go "Liquid cocaine. This stuff tastes like shit"
"Hospital food and drink always does" I jested as we sat down outside the room.
"No shit. How are you holding up with the news about Mael?"
"I am in hell" I sighed. I stared at the ground "It's all I needed to hear. What with Kiara's powers and her being kicked out of school, It's just the same shit, Different day"
"Well if he comes anywhere near you or Kiki, The Captain will end up killing him. Or We could get Kiara to blast him with her powers. She seems fond of doing that" Ban grinned.
"I wanna try and discourage that" I folded my arms as I leaned back in my chair.
"I'm her Uncle and your best friend. I'm allowed to encourage bad behaviour. I get to teach her bad habits"
"I feel so sorry for your kid. Did you ever find out what you were having?"
"The little bean kept its legs closed" Ban pouted.
"You got any names picked out?"
"Amelia for a girl and Lancelot for a boy" Ban cracked his neck.
"Lancelot? Isn't that like the old, old school"
"And? I love it. The captain helped me pick it out" Ban smirked as he shrugged "So how are things going with the Captain? Been a while since we chatted about it" Ban tilted his head at me "Gotta be going on 10 months now"
"About that. It seems to be going well"
"I take it that he is still broody?"
"Yes. A few months ago he was on about getting a dog to ease up but we never got round to picking one"
"I ain't one to snitch but I did catch him looking in a big book of children's names"
"I ain't at all surprised" I mumbled.
"You really do love him, Don't you? You love the way his hands tangle themselves in your hair. Or run down your spine. His lips against your neck, Skin or chin" Ban smiled softly at me. I was blushing redder than a tomato "And in this life, with him. Your whole religion shifts, Turns and blurs. He is your confessional and you are his sin"
"You have been hanging around Escanor too much" I smiled.
"I did work with the man for a few years when he was part of Seven Deadly Sins. He tends to rub off on you"
"BAN!" Meliodas stuck his head out the door, "Elaine said she needs to push"

2 hours later, Elaine gave birth to a baby boy. Ban was overjoyed, having a son as a firstborn. We still had to wait outside the room as Elaine had some slight tearing in her downstairs area and had to wait for it to be stitched up before we could say hello to the little one. Meliodas was starfished on the waiting room sofa so naturally, I laid down next to him and rest my head on his lap.
"God, I'm knackered. How did you do this for a living?" He yawned.
"I have no idea. I just did. Was worth it to see all those little babies being born. With all their little fingers and tiny toes," I grinned as Meliodas link his fingers in mine and I rest on my stomach.
"Okay. You can stop now" Meliodas sighed.
"Stop what?" I replied. I knew what I was doing. I think.
"Making me all broody"
"How can I stop that when we both know that you are that already" I sat up "Meliodas, I -"
"I know you said we had to wait till we knew each other better but I just really want one with you" Meliodas put a finger to my lips "This feeling is just going to get worst when Mating Season comes around in summer"
"Will you shush for a moment?" I put my hand over Meliodas's mouth "I do want one. I'm just scared"
"Ared of wort?" Meliodas mumbled behind my hand. He then frowned and licked my hand. I quickly moved it away "Sorry. Scared of what?"
"You know the story of when I fell pregnant with Kiara. I can't go through that again" I choked. Meliodas cupped my cheeks.
"I'm sorry for what bullshit Mael put you through but I am not him" He soothed as he used his thumb to wipe away my tears "You are my mate. I ain't ever going to leave you nor will I ever hurt you. I love you way too much to lose you. You are all I want and will ever want. If I could give you the world, I would. My heart is yours. You and Kiara are my reason for living. I love you"
"Meliodas, I love you"
"I will hold out for as long as I can" I was about to respond when Ban came out of the room.
"Wanna meet the little one?" He grinned a rather toothy grin. I jumped up and jogged to the room.