Chapter 30

- Ellie's Pov - (Time skip 4 months)

The months that followed were tiring. We had Kiara starting school. Meliodas moving in. Elaine freaking Ban out by announcing she's pregnant. We had a break-in at the Tavern. Diane found that she is carrying twins (King fainted at the news). Estarossa told Scorpio that she is his mate. She said nothing and she hasn't been seen in town for a month. Like Meliodas, He has been sulking in his pit. My sister Veronica got married and that's when they found out about me and Meliodas. They also met Kiara. Of course, they yelled at me for keeping her away. This was the day Father told them about why Mother was desperate to make me Queen. Safe to say they flipped out. Kiara still doesn't like my Dad. Mother found out about Kiara by accident. Me and Meliodas treated Kiara to a big girls dinner for her birthday out at Prezzo's. Our local Italian. Not knowing that my Mother went there to meet an old friend from school.

- Flashback -

"Mummy! Look! I got my new dress!" Kiara said as she twirled around. Kiara was in a navy blue dress with a white belt and white cardigan. She had flat white shoes to go with it "Daddy even did my hair!" Kiara pointed to the bun on top of her head. It had a white bow round.
"Daddy did that?" I looked carefully at it. It was good. Like really good.
"Give me some credit" Meliodas grinned as he walked into the front room. He was in a navy suit. Yes, it was a bit of a navy theme for Kiara's birthday. It is her favourite colour.
"It looks awesome" I nodded.
"And you look beautiful. Navy is really your colour" Meliodas did this really soft look at me. (Like when Lucifer looks at the detective from that show Lucifer) I did a little blush, I was only wearing the same outfit as Kiara. I just had white heels instead of flats "Oh that reminds me. I have one last gift for Kiara" Meliodas knelt down in front of Kiara and pulled out a long box from his jacket. He opened it.
 "What is it?" Kiara tilted her head.
"It is a necklace. It is a silver chain with a rose quartz heart" Meliodas explain as Kiara ran her fingers over it.
"Can I wear it?" Kiara smiled. Meliodas grinned as he took the necklace out and box and clipped it around Kiara's neck.
"Big girl's necklace for a big girl" Meliodas stood up after he out the box on the coffee table.
"Thank you, Daddy! I love it" Kiara flung her arms around Meliodas's neck. I love their bond "Look, Mummy!" Kiara spun around to show me.
"That's lovely baby. Right, grab your bag. We need to go" I said as Kiara ran off "You do spoil her"
"What's the point in having money if you can't spend it on those you love. Which reminds me" Meliodas pulled out another long box "I got you one. The only difference is the stones, Is that yours is diamond" I took the box off him.
"Meliodas, Thank you. Oh, You didn't have to" I smiled as I traced the diamond.
"Please don't make me say it again" Meliodas growled as he took the necklace and clipped it around my neck "If I wanna spoil my girls, I will"
"I'm sorry but I am not used to people spoiling me. I have always done it myself"
"I know but it ain't going to stop me. Now come on. We will be late"

"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Kiara!
Happy to you!" Everyone sang as the staff brought Kiara's chocolate cake out. Ban had cooked it himself. It was a two-tier chocolate explosion. Kiara was sat on Estarossa's lap when I heard a gasp. I didn't think too much of it but Diane's eyes went wide and she pointed behind me.
"Elizabeth?" I heard her voice. I spun slowly in my chair.
"Mother?" I stood up as my Mother embraced me.
"Oh, my sweet girl. How are you?"
"I am doing well" I grinned as I felt sweat drip down my back.
"I am so sorry about that whole ordeal with Arthur" Mother tilted her head. She then looked past me. She greeted everyone but when she got to the end of the table. She spotted Kiara "And who is this little one?"
"My name is Kiara" Kiara waved.
"What sort of name is that? Sound like that orange juice brand. Kia ora" Mother insulted.
"I like my name!" Kiara frowned.
"Well I don't'" Mother folded her arms.
"Mother! That is rude" I exclaimed.
"Elizabeth, You will be quiet" Mother raised her voice at me "I was talking to the child. Who has a stupid name"

"Just because it is different doesn't make it wrong. I don't like you, You're meaner than my Granddad. And he is a mean old guy" Kiara scolded her.
"Who is your Mother and Father? Did they not teach you not to be rude to royalty" Mother shouted. Kiara frowned then climbed over everyone and ran to Meliodas "Oh that explains a lot"
"I'm her stepfather If you must know. And what do you mean, That explains a lot?" Meliodas's eyes turned purple.
"Demons are naturally rude, Pompous. I will refrain from swearing near this one" Mother pointed to my daughter. Meliodas would have said something but Kiara hugged him. Instantly calming him down "Who is her real parents?"
"I am" I spoke up as I stood next to Meliodas. I turned my eyes on "I am her Mum"
"You're a Mother? Just how old is Kia ora"
"Her name is Kiara," Ban said as he stood up. Slamming his hands on the table.
"Bandit Ban, Just who is this child to you?" Mother frowned.
"She is my Goddaughter and I do not like how you are talking to her"
"Uncle Bonbon, Sit down" Kiara ordered. Ban knelt down to look at Kiara. Her eyes were flickering. She was trying to keep her powers in check "Please"
"Caroline, Do you think you could leave us? We are in the middle of a party" Meliodas pointed to another table.
"Can we go home?" Kiara whispered.
"Sure" Meliodas picked Kiara up "Come on sweetie. Let's go pay the bill"
"I don't like the mean lady" Kiara mumbled.
"I heard that!" Mother spoke as Meliodas and Kiara pushed past.
"You were supposed to!" Meliodas shouted as Zeldris walked up to me.
"Tell Meliodas I will see him back at home. I'll fly back" I spoke as everyone made their way out.
"I would but just so you know, Meliodas is on high alert. As his twin, I know for a fact, He doesn't plan on leaving you alone with her" Zeldris spoke. I looked at the door. Meliodas handed Kiara to Ban and was walking back to me. He looked at his twin. They both nodded. I will never understand the twin thing. Zeldris walked off.
"Ban's going to have Kiara tonight. Shall we go home?" Meliodas mumbled.
"No, Hold up. We are going to have out. Why didn't you say anything about your little one when we were in Camelot?"
"Why should I tell you anything? You are just waiting for me to become Queen so you can take my wings!" I hissed.
"It is part of the traditions of our race. I had to go through it, You will do so and so shall your daughter" Mother snapped.
"Yeah, that ain't happening. Kiara is not a full Goddess" Meliodas folded his arms.
"What?" Mother raised her eyebrows.
"Kiara has Demon blood running through her veins" I smirked "Even if you take my wings, You will be the last one that goes upstairs"
"You little tramp! How dare you turn your back on our race!"
"I never wanted to be part of your race. I ran away for a reason. I renounce the Goddess race. I will never be your Queen. You will never have my wings" I spoke as I grabbed Meliodas's hand and walked out of the restaurant. I finally stood up to my Mother! Wish I had done that sooner.