Chapter 15

- Zeldris's Pov -

I feel sorry for Meliodas. He has just got his head around Ellie being his mate. Now he has competition.
"Zel, Is Mel going to be okay?" My brother Estarossa asked "He looked furious when Bartra said Uther wants Ellie"
"He was angry. All of us noticed it. Bartra noticed. I do wonder why he, Ban and Kiane drove out of the parking lot like mad men" I did my motorcycle jacket up.
"Kiane?" Estarossa did the same. I tossed him to his helmet.
"It's what Gelda named Diane and King. She has names for all her ships"
"I gotta know them all" Estarossa did this little hand clap.
"Blaine for Ban and Elaine. Cleo for Capricorn and Leo. Zelda for me and Gelda and she has one for you and Scorpio"
"Nothing is going on between me and Scorpio" Estarossa blushed. Their relationship is known as a flirtationship. Not quite a relationship but more than a friendship.
"Either way. Gelda's ship name for you two is Espio" I put my helmet on.
"Isn't that a Sonic character?" Estarossa huffed.
"Yeah, Some purple chameleon hedgehog thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it" I climbed onto my bike and pushed my visor down.
"Yeah. Right. Let's get back to the bar" Estarossa cheered as I started the motorcycle.

- Ellie's Pov -

I kissed my daughter goodnight as I tucked her into bed. I brushed her hair out of her face.
"I love you Mummy" She muttered as she rolled onto her side.
"I love you more, Princess. Sleep tight" I tiptoed out of her room and went downstairs. I went into the front room and put my phone on charge "I need a cuppa" I whispered to myself. I went back into the kitchen and boiled the kettle.
*RING*RING*RING*
"Who on earth is calling me at this time" I grumbled. I went back to where my phone was and saw that the number was unknown. I decided to answer "Hello?"
"Hello, Is the number for Elizabeth?"
"This is Elizabeth. May I ask who is calling?"
"Certainly. My name is Chandler Peckham. I work for The Liones Police Department as a lawyer. I have news about Mael Ryder" I felt a lump in my throat.
"Let me guess, He got bail. Not to be rude but my lawyer is called Thomas Green. I don't get why you are calling me and Miss O'Malley is my liaison officer" I sighed.
"No actually. He was refused and I know I am not your lawyer. I was assigned your case this afternoon. By order of a higher power"
"What higher power?" I raised an eyebrow.
"My boss. Denzal Liones. I believe he is your Uncle" Chandler explained. I flopped onto the sofa. I haven't heard from Uncle Denzal in years. Not since he fell out with Father "He wants you to come into the office on Monday"
"Why?"
"To discuss the upcoming Court case"
"What Court case?" I frowned. No one told me about a court case.
"The one for Mael Ryder on Tuesday at 9. It was decided 5 weeks ago"
"No one told me anything. I haven't heard from you guys in weeks. I thought my case was a lost cause. My lawyer stopped answering his phone"
"Well, this is odd. Thomas is not normal like this, Will you give me one moment please?"
"Certainly," I said as Chandler put the phone on the desk. I could hear him yelling at someone and them yelling back. It was like this for about 10 minutes. I then heard the phone being picked up.
"Hello, Elizabeth?"
"Still here" I sighed.
"So it turns out that Thomas Green quit 5 weeks ago and is now working for a private sector. I'm sorry that no one informed you"
"Sorry for my language but this is bullshit" I ran my hands through my hair.
"I quite agree. My secretary has informed Miss O'Malley by the way" Chandler informed. Great. That means she will tell the guys and I won't have to.
"Saves me a job. What time would Denzal like me in the office?"
"3 in the afternoon" Crap. I'll have to get a babysitter "Is that okay?"
"That should be fine. It's just that I have work that day" I lied by telling the truth. I did have work but also a school run to do.
"If not. Ring me on this number. It is a direct line to me and I will see what we can do"
"Thank you, Chandler"
"Not at all, Miss. I hope to speak to you soon. Goodnight"
"Goodnight" I hung up the phone. I put it back on charge and curled into a ball on the sofa.
*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*