Chapter 18

- Meliodas's Pov -

I groaned as my alarm went off. I looked at my phone to see if I had any messages. There was just the one from Ellie.
My Goddess <3: Good morning xxxx I was grinning from ear to ear.
Me: And a Good Morning to you. Did you sleep well? xxxx I hated early mornings but I do need to visit my Uncle. I dragged my ass out of bed and went to my en suite. I turned the water on. While I waited for the water to heat up, should take about 5 minutes. I went back to my bedside and saw my phone was blinking. I picked it up.
My Goddess <3: Yeah I did. Did you? Oh and Kiara's got her wings!! xxxx
Me: OMG!! that is awesome! xxxx I remember when I first got my wings. I flew into the night sky, Screaming woohoo as I landed on top of the castle. My Dad had to fly after me and make me go to bed. Such a spoilsport.
My Goddess <3: Yeah. My baby is growing up! Are we still on for this afternoon? xxxx
Me: Of course xxxx
My Goddess <3: Yay. Oh Kiara says hi xxxx
Me: Hey Kiara xxxx
Me: Right I need to jump in the shower. See you at the water park xxxx I put my phone down and shuffled my way to the shower. The water felt good. After drying myself and putting deodorant on, I picked my outfit. Since my Uncle is a smart-ass fancy pants lawyer, I can't turn up in ripped jeans and a crappy t-shirt. I found my good black jeans and a white fitted smart shirt. I rolled the sleeves up so the sleeves were above my shoulders. I put my trainers on and grabbed my black leather jacket out of my wardrobe. Just in case I was running late, I put a spare couple of outfits and my swim shorts in a duffel bag. I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen. Since it was only half seven in the morning, I could eat my breakfast in peace. I made a bowl of Coco Pops. I boiled the kettle so I could have a black coffee. I finished my breakfast. Left a note telling my brothers that I was heading out and to meet me at the water park at 2 o'clock. I jumped in my car, Threw the bag in the back seat and drove over an hour away.

I pulled into a nearby car park and made my way to the Law firm. The building where he works, Is a tall clean looking building. Floor-to-ceiling windows. There were like 14 stories. I walked through the big glass spinning doors. You know the ones I mean. The fancy ones that you can never get out of as a kid. I waltzed up to the receptionist.
"Hello and Welcome to Liones Corporation. How can I help you?" The receptionist smiled.
"Hello. I'm here to see my Uncle Chandler" I flung my jacket over my shoulder and put one hand in my pocket.
"And you are?"
"Meliodas Blackwood," I said as the lady typed in the computer.
"You don't seem to have an appointment" The lady pushed her glasses up.
"It's a flying visit. Haven't seen him in a while" I shrugged.
"I'm afraid I can't just let you in to see him without an appointment"
"I just wanna see my Uncle" I huffed.
"Company policies state that you must have an appointment to see -"
"Guila, It's quite alright. I can vouch for Mr Blackwood" A tall man with a long silver beard came into view. He came and stood next to me.
"Mr Liones!" Guila shot up from her seat "Here are your files for today's meeting. That is at 10" She shuffled the papers into a folder and handed it to Mr Liones.
"This must be Ellie's uncle. I don't remember his name" I thought to myself.
"Thank you Guila" Mr Liones smiled and then faced me "Mr Blackwood. Your Uncle Chandler is in a meeting with a client at the moment, He won't be too long. But I wish to speak to you in the meantime"
"Okay," I poker-faced.

Mr Liones lead me to a nearby office and opened the door. He gestured for me to sit down.
"So why did you want to speak to me?"
"I wish to know how is my niece doing?" Mr Liones sat down on his high-back chair.
"Urm, What?" I tried to play dumb.
"I know you know my niece. I've been keeping tabs on her since she ran away from the castle" Mr Liones folded his arms over his chest "And no, I haven't told my brother"
"Don't know what you are on about" I put my hand in my pocket and in a sneaky way, Dialed Ban's number. I hope he answers. I placed the phone on my lap.
"Please don't play dumb. I know full well you know her and her daughter" Liones stared down at me.
"..." I kept silent. I could hear Ban speaking on the other end. For once, Being a Demon comes in handy.
"Your silence tells me everything. Don't worry, I ain't gonna drop her in it"
"Why? Ain't you loyal to your brother?"
"My brother yes. His wife no. I may be a blood-sucking lawyer but she is worse. Ellie running away was her greatest idea. My brother doesn't want Ellie to become her mother's pawn"
"You ever tried telling her what to do? Be quicker getting blood from a stone"
"It's the Liones gene" Mr Liones chuckled.
"Mr Liones, Are you the reason why my Uncle is the lawyer for Ellie's case?" I folded my arms.
"Yes and no. Chandler was on the phone with your mother and she happened to mention that her son was friends with a Goddess"
"How does my mother know?" I grumbled.
"I have no idea. Anyway, I was looking through next week's case files and Ellie's name popped up. Chandler was in the same room and said that he would take over the case. Though we did find something unusual on Ellie's file" Denzal got up and walked over to a filing cabinet.
"And what would that be?" I got up from my seat and put my phone on the table. Denzal handed me a file "What am looking for?"
"Check the personal notes" Denzal pointed to the bottom of the file.
"Bogus case. I believe my client is lying. I sent my old co-worker the case details"
"So after reading that, I checked the system and found that Ellie's case is a secret file that only Thomas Green could get into. Thankfully I run this place" Mr Liones went to his PC and typed something in. I walked round to the computer and stared at the screen. I hope Ban is still listening. I scanned the screen.
"So Green was sending the case details in several emails to Ludociel Storm" I hissed "I know that name" I just can't remember though "I can't believe that Green would do this"
"I don't understand either and I hate not knowing" I handed the file back to Mr Liones.
"As much as I am glad that you told me this, Isn't this breaking some law in confidentiality"
"My niece is your girlfriend, Is she not?"
"No, She is one of my closest friends" I rubbed the back of my head as I lied.
"So why did your Mother tell Chandler that Ellie is your mate" Mr Liones raised his eyebrow.
"I... urm... Crap" I stuttered "Damn you, Mother!" I screamed in my head.
"Chandler is one of my very best friends. You should have seen him when he found out that you had found your mate" Liones chuckled.
"He fan girl didn't he? He always was such a drama queen" Runs in the family. Liones chuckled.
*KNOCK*KNOCK*
"Come in!" Liones yelled. A wooden staff pushed the door open.
"UNCLE CHANDLER!!" I screamed as I ran over to hug the man. Chandler was a short man, Only a few inches taller than me. His hair was green and so was his beard.
"Ah, young master. How are you?" Chandler hugged me back.
"I'm good. The bar is booming when I actually open it" I admitted. It was because of Chandler I opened the bar.
"Ah yes, Zeldris and Estarossa both told me that you were all doom and gloom for 6 weeks" Chandler let go of me and stared at me "Tell me everything"
"Thanks for taking Ellie's case on" I avoided the subject.
"Not at all. So, Young Meliodas was there a reason that you wanted to see me?" Chandler folded his arms.
"Nope. Mr Liones explained it all" I shook my head.
"Good, Now. I am free for an hour. Let us go and get a coffee and you can tell me all about Miss Elizabeth"
"Alright. Mr Liones, I shall see you around" I grabbed my phone and held my hand out for Liones to shake.
"Have a good day Mr Blackwood" Mr Liones shook my hand. Me and Chandler left the room, I waited outside the Corporation while Chandler went to the loo. I looked around and swiped the screen on my phone to unlock it. Ban was still on call.
"Ban? You still there?" I asked.