Chapter 10

- Meliodas's Pov - (5 and a half weeks ago) -

"Look, Mel, You can't sit around here moping all day," Zeldris said as he picked up a pizza box and put it on the kitchen side.
"Watch me"
"If you are feeling guilty about that Elizabeth girl then go and see her"
"I was the one who told her that I never wanted to see her again" I flung my arm over my eyes "I lied to her. I wanted to convince her that not all men are dicks and what did I go and do?"
"Be a total dick to her. but that wasn't your fault. You were hurting because of that sloppy trollop" Zeldris sighed as he pulled his phone out "Oh Estarossa says hi. He is on the bus and should be in town around 3"
"Can't believe he is gonna be back. Us 3 brothers, Back together again" I grinned.
"Yeah causing trouble as always"
"Can't wait for him to be back. Does he know about his asshole brother"
"I haven't said anything. Not my place. Does this technically make Kiara our niece via Estarossa?"
"On a Technicality. I never did get to tell Ellie that" My phone rang. Ban Again. It's like the 18th time today he has rung me. I groaned as I turned my phone on silent.
"Are you ever going to answer them? They are worried about you" Zeldris demanded. I shook my head.
"Those 4 are overly protective of Ellie and I hurt her. Ban probably wants to kill me"
"Yeah, most likely" Zeldris rubbed the back of his head "Why are you so upset over this girl?"
"I don't know. She had this weird effect on me since the day I laid eyes on her" I heard the fridge open and then close.
"You're in love. Here have a beer" I sat up and took the can "Did you have this feeling when you met Zaneri"
"Honestly no. It was Dad who introduced us. He and the Supreme Deity wants this alliance. If he wants it that badly, then he should marry a Goddess" I let out a long sigh "I did love Zaneri but it took years, this was almost instant" I stared at my beer. I didn't want to drink it.
"Sounds like you have met your soulmate. Would explain why you are being a drama queen" Zeldris took a sip of his beer.
"I ain't a drama queen. I'm just... " I went to explain but Zeldris did a side glance "Fine. I'm a drama queen"
"There is only one way to fix this mood. You put your big boy pants on and go and say sorry"
"I can't. Ellie hates me. I can tell by the way she looked at me" I looked into the corner "I saw her walking down the street with Kiara yesterday. All I could think of is, Running out there, Falling to my knees and begging for her forgiveness"
"Why didn't you?"
"I was scared, man. Scared of freaking her out and making them both run away" I put the beer on the coffee table.
"I would have paid to see you beg. The Meliodas. First Demon Prince begging. Yeah, you would never live it down" Zeldris smirked.
"I wish I met Ellie first, You know. Kiara should have been my daughter. Not Mael's. I had missed out on her first steps, Her first words. Her first day of school. Her first everything"
"Dude, You have been hit hard. Even I wasn't that bad with Gelda" Zeldris remarked. I covered my face with my hands the threw myself backwards on the sofa.
"I need help"

- Ellie's Pov - (4 weeks ago) -

"Ellie! Are you in?" I heard Diane shout through the letterbox. I rolled my eyes. I went to the front door and opened it.
"Hey, Diane" I walked back to the kitchen as that is where I set my laptop up. I didn't really want to be in the front room by myself.
"How are you holding up?" Diane closed the door and followed me.
"Doing okay. Oh, Merlin called back with the results. Nothing wrong down there. Tests came back clear. Though it is still early days and even though the tests come back negative, I should do a pregnancy test in a week or so"
"Hope that comes back negative"
"Me too. Anyway, Why are you here? Shouldn't you be doing a shift at the Boar Hat?" I flicked the kettle on "Tea?"
"Please and I would but Meliodas hasn't opened up since he acted like twat to you"
"Like I said he was having a bad day. It wasn't his fault"
"You are too forgiving and way too understanding" Diane rolled her eyes.
"It's a gift" I shrugged and smiled.
"I hear that you got a letter from your dad" I frowned at her "I overheard Ban tell King"
"Yeah. Wanna hear what it said?" I asked. Diane nodded so I went to a nearby cupboard and pulled out the letter;
"Dear Ellie,
                      I wish I was saying this in person but since I do not know where you live, I had to write this letter.