Chapter 28

- Estarossa Pov -

*RING*RING*RING*RING*
I groaned as I lifted my head off my pillow. Who the hell is calling me? I reached for my phone and saw that it was half 12 and that my Mum was ringing me. I also saw that I had missed 27 missed calls from her. Oh shit. I'm gonna die!
"Hey, Mum. What's up?" I yawned.
"Don't what's up to me! I have been calling you all morning!"
"I was asleep!"
"Well, you can get up. Honestly, it is not right that you are sleeping in this late. You could be up, getting a job or finding a wife so you can give me loads of grand-babies!" I rolled my eyes. My Mum is a grand-baby mad. I feel sorry for my Dad, Having to put up with her.
"Mum, I have a job. I work at Meliodas's bar. And as for finding a wife. I found my mate. But she doesn't want me" I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling.
"Oh poo. She likes you. I assume that this girl is the Scorpio lass from The Zodiacs?"
"........ Maybe" I swallowed.
"I knew it. I saw you two stood together at Arthur's wedding"
"We work together. She is just a friend from work"
"That you are in love with" Mum stated.
"Mum, why did you ring?" I said hoping to lure her away from this conversation.
"Oh yeah. Message from your Father, He wanted to ask you if you and Zel wanted to go play poker on Saturday. He's already asked Meliodas. I think he is bringing Elizabeth and her little girl. Apparently, Meliodas has something he wishes to tell us. Do you happen to know what it is? Since you are my little informant on what your brothers do"
"I'll come and I wish I could help you with Meliodas's news. But, I haven't seen Meliodas since we got back from Camelot. Think he has been at Ellie's for the last couple of nights"
"The news better not be that he has knocked her up. They need to be dating longer"
"Mum, They haven't even been dating a week yet" I ran my hand over my face.
"Are you sure there is nothing you wanna tell me?"
"I do forget how much you like hearing gossip. Maybe Zeldris and Gelda have some news for you" I grinned. That reminds me. I need to go shopping.
"What do you know?" Mum quizzed.
"Nothing but I know they wanted to tell you and Dad something yesterday but Ellie getting kidnapped put a spanner in the works"
"Any other gossip?"
"Diane and King are having a baby" I shrugged.
"Really? How does that work?" Mum exclaimed.
"Mum, You're old enough to understand the birds and bees" I joked.
"I know how they did it! God. I just wonder what their baby will be. A flying Giant? Big Ass Fairy?"
"Well King can transform into a fat fairy and Diane can take pills to shrink herself"
"Still, Can't wait to see how that little one will look like!" I swear Mum started clapping her hands "This year will be the year of everyone either getting married or getting pregnant"
"You say that every year. Mum, I need to hang up. I'm dying for a piss"
"Bye baby. I will see you Saturday. I love you"
"I love you too Mum" I grinned as I hung up the phone. I put it back on my bedside table "Hmmm. Back to sleep for another hour. Or get up?" I choose to get up. Mainly because I heard Gelda yelling at Zeldris.

- Zeldris's Pov -

"I can not believe you burnt it!" Gelda yelled. I looked down at the floor. I knew I couldn't say anything. With Gelda being pregnant and her hormones are all over the place.
"What is all this noise about?" Estarossa said as he poked his head out the bedroom door "Some of us are trying to sleep"
"Zeldris burnt the salad!" Gelda stamped her foot. I pointed to the smoking mess in the sink. Estarossa laughed.
"How the fuck did you burn the salad?!" He howled. He ended up gripping the door frame to steady himself.
"I don't know" I shrugged.
"I thought our brother was a bad cook. Thankfully, I can cook. Gelda, Would you like me to make food?"
"Yes, please. Can I have that Cub salad thing you can do?" Gelda placed her hands together.
"Okay. One blood smoothie and cub salad coming up" Estarossa put a thumbs up. Gelda went to sit in the front room and I followed Estarossa to the kitchen.
"Thanks for this brother" I praised.
"I think I shall ban you from the kitchen. I already banned Meliodas. You're next" Estarossa waved his knife at me. I sat at the breakfast table.
"I'm starting to think that is wise" I put my head on the counter.
"Has Mum or Dad rung you yet?" He quizzed as he chopped us some veg.
"About a poker game on Saturday? No, Not heard a thing. Me and Gelda were going on Saturday anyway"
"Finally telling Mum that she is going to be a Nanna" Estarossa smiled.
"Yep. We got a scan picture for proof now. Think it's finally sinking in. I'm going to be a Dad" I let out a long sigh.
"Gelda is like 3, 4 months pregnant and you are only just realizing that? Dude, you are slow" Estarossa joked.
"It didn't feel real. Now it does. I got to see the baby and hear its heartbeat"
"Boy or Girl?" Estarossa narrowed his eyes at me.
"We won't find that out till Gelda is like 5 months" I flapped my hand.
"So does Gelda have to go threw with all the Human side of this pregnancy? Like blood tests and that sugar level test?"
"Sugar level test?"
"When a Human gets so far in their pregnancy, They have to drink a one and half bottles of normal Lucozade. It's to test the body's blood sugar level and see if they have a chance of getting diabetes well pregnant"
"Normal Lucozade? That stuff is nasty and someone has done their homework on Humans" I clapped. I waited for Estarossa's response. But he never spoke. He had this weird look on his face. He looked.... sad "Essy? What's wrong?"
"Nothing" Estarossa put on a poker face. I knew he was lying to me.
"Essy? Don't make me get Galand or Meliodas" I folded my arms "Who was she?"
"Her name was Melissa. She was human. The father of her baby had fucked her and then fucked off. I had become friends with her, Well more than friends" Estarossa blushed "I did all the Dad side of things. Hospital appointments, Helped decorate the nursery. Held her hair back when she threw up in the morning. I once drove around for 3 hours, Checking every Iceland for Turkey Twizzlers because she was craving them" Estarossa chuckled as he walked to the fridge "A week before the baby was born, She told me she loved me. I was so happy. We were going to be a family. Anyway. The baby comes 3 days later and it was a beautiful bouncing baby boy. He was called Joseph. I named him. I did it all. The 3 am feeds. Changing the nappies. I was the Dad. We were a family" Estarossa smiled softly then wiped his eyes.
"What happened to Melissa and Joseph" I lent on the counter as I listened.
"Murdered. I had Uni class that day and left Melissa and the baby at home. I was in the middle of a lecture when the Principle called me to his office. He told me what had happened. I never did find out who did it" Estarossa wiped his eyes again.
"She was your mate wasn't she?"
"Yeah," Estarossa said after a minute of staring at the chopping board.
"I thought that Scorpio is your mate" I scrunched my face up.
"Mate isn't a person. You fall for the soul. Scorpio and Melissa share a soul. When I am with Zoey, I mean Scorpio, I feel safe and warm. Like I did with Melissa. The two of them are two completely different people and look nothing alike. I believe that it is possible to have more than one soul mate but maybe because I ain't a proper Demon"
"Being Demon has got nothing to do with this. You and Melissa's souls were meant to be and somehow, They are still fighting to be together. You should tell Scorpio"
"She doesn't feel the same way"
"Melissa may have been Human but she loved you and told you she did. Try talking to Scorpio. Being a witch, She may understand better than you think. Do it before it is too late"
"We will see. Please don't tell anyone I grow up while at Uni. I still want people to believe I was a massive dickward"
"I won't as long as you talk to Scorpio" I held my right hand out. Estarossa stared at it.
"Fine" Estarossa nodded as he took my hand.
"Do it when we get back from Mum and Dad" I nodded once.
"Gelda! Your food and drink are ready!" Estarossa shouted.