Chapter 21

- Meliodas's Pov -

After nearly having a heart attack at Ban's house from them throwing me a birthday party, I went home. Grabbed my smart clothes, Overnight bag and went back to Ellie's. We collapsed on the sofa and just laid there. Ellie's hair still smelt like vanilla and strawberries.
"Stop smelling my hair," Ellie asked as she cuddled into my side.
"I can't help it. Your hair is under my nose"
"Well, It tickles. Guess I'll have to sit up then" Ellie smiled as she tried to sit up. I pulled her back down so her head was now on my chest.
"Nope, not happening. You're staying there"
"Fine. Comfy here anyway" Ellie traced my abs with her fingers. I ran my fingers up and down her arm.
"I have a question," I asked after several minutes of just laying there.
"Shoot"
"Can I kiss you again?" I smirked as Ellie lifted her head up. I placed my finger under her chin and kissed her softly. She then put her hands on either side of my face. The room falls away each time, She touches me. I've never gotten so lost in a kiss before. Then, the space between us explodes. My hearts keeping missing beats and my hands struggle to bring Ellie closer to me. I tasted her once and realized I was starving. I have loved it before but it never felt like this. I have kissed before but never has it burned me alive. Maybe this lasts a minute or even an hour. all I know is that kiss, And how soft her skin is when it brushes against mine, and even though I had said it once. I have been waiting for Ellie all my life.

~ Time Skip To Where They Are In The Court ~

"ALL RISE!" The bailiff shouted. We all stood to our feet. I kept my eyes on Ellie as she stood next to Chandler. I knew my Uncle would look after her but I really want to go and hug her. Ban was stood to my left and Diane to my right. My brother's behind me and King was next to Diane.  Elaine was back at her house with Kiara as she had thrown up this morning. Zaneri was sat on the far side of the stands. Should have guessed she would have been here "Department Two of The court is now in Session, Judge Dreyfus presiding. Please be seated" We sat back down as soon as the judge did.
"Good morning, Ladies and gentlemen. Okay, Calling the case of Miss Elizabeth Liones versus Mr Mael Ryder. Are both sides ready?" Dreyfus said as he shuffled his papers.
"Ready for Miss Liones, Your Honor" Chandler nodded.
"Ready for Mr Ryder" The man with long black hair spoke. He must be Ludociel.
"Very well, Will the clerk please swear in the jury?" Dreyfus looked to his left. The clerk nodded and went over to the 12 people. 5 I recognize from The Zodiacs and even better, Galand from The 10 Commandments is here. Mael won't be able to lie.
"Zeldris do you have something to do with Galand being here?" I whispered.
"I might have had something up my sleeve" Zeldris smirked.
"Good boy"
"Will the jury please stand and raise your right hand? Does each of you swear that you will fairly try before this court and that you will return a true verdict according to the evidence and the instructions of the court, so help you, God? Please say 'I do'"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"I do"
"You may be seated" The clerk waved his hand and they sat back down.
"Before we continue, Is it true that one of the jury members has a power that detects lies?" Dreyfus quizzed. Galand raised his hands and stand back up.
"I do, Your Honor. Bestowed on me by King Bard Blackwood Of The Demons. Those who lie in my presence Will be turned to stone. Is it going to be a problem?" Galand placed his arms behind his back. Ludociel had to be careful here. He could end up with a stone ornament. Hopefully. Mael was in the box in the middle of the room.
"Attorneys? Will it?" The judge stared both down.
"No, It won't" Chandler and Ludociel replied. Ludociel adjusts his cloak as Chandler took centre stage.
"Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: The defendant has been charged with the crime of physically and sexually assaulting my client on the 14th of June. The evidence is a video of tape that Mr Ryder made of himself, Raping Miss Liones. Other evidence is of the bruising across my client's body and the police report. The evidence I present will prove that defendant is guilty" Chandler held up a file. Which was an inch thick. Ludociel then stood up. He bit his lip as he turned to the jury. King's eyes were glowing.
"He's worried. He didn't think Galand would be here" He mumbled. Ban smirked and did a low high five to Zeldris. I owe my brother a crate.
"Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Mr Ryder has been accused of raping this young lady. I have other evidence that claims this lady is a lair and that my client is innocent"
"The prosecution may call its first witness" Dreyfus banged his hammer.
"I call on Miss Liones," Chandler said as Ellie slowly moved to the stands "Could the Clerk please swear her in" The clerk nodded and placed a bible in front of Ellie.
"Place your left hand on the bible and raise your right hand. Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, God?"
"I do" Ellie nodded.
"Please state your first and last name for the record" The clerk pointed to the person who has to type the whole session.
"Elizabeth Liones"
"You may take a seat" the clerk went back to his spot. Chandler then paced up and down.
"Elizabeth, What happened on the day of the incident?"
"I was at home with my daughter, We were in the kitchen when I heard a knock, I went to open it and Mael was standing there at the door frame. I was in shock and stood there as he invited himself in"
"He just walked in?"
"He barged past me and said we needed to talk"
"What did you do then?"
"Told him to wait in the front room. I claimed I had to finish a work call so I went back to the kitchen. That's when I grabbed my daughter and went into the garden"
"The police reports said that your daughter wasn't there"
"I helped her to climb over the fence and she ran off to get help while I stayed behind"
"I see. what happened after that" Chandler folded his arms.
"Just as my daughter was out of sight, Mael came up behind me. Grabbed me by my hair and dragged me back to the house" Ellie recited.
"Do you remember what happened? The report said that your friends found you out cold and semi-naked"
"I somewhat remember. I tried fighting back but this made it worse"
"With your permission, I would like to play the audio of the video"
"Yes. You have my permission" Ellie nodded as she glanced up at me. She then looked at King. King tapped me on the shoulder.
"Ellie wants to know if you are okay?" King whispered. I looked at my girl and nodded and put a thumbs up. I also did my signature grin. Of course, I was lying. I could feel my blood boiling but I had to be calm.
"Here is the audio. Sorry, it took a moment" The clerk said.