Chapter 43

- Meliodas's Pov -

"Congratulations on a perfectly healthy baby boy," Paramedic Matt said as he hands the baby to me. I gently took him in my arms. He had a little turf of silver hair. But it was his eyes that really stood out.
"He's got two different eye colours," I said as the paramedics checked Ellie over.
"They may even out as he gets older but I think he has a condition called heterochromia. Can cause blindness in humans but in non-humans, Doesn't really do anything" Matt scrunched his nose up "It's the silver hair that got me weirded out. Not being rude but I didn't think silver hair was natural"
"It is in the Goddess realm. My daughter has silver hair like me" Ellie sat up. She did wince a little. Ban wrapped his jacket around her shoulders. He sent a text to Elaine or Diane to go upstairs and get Ellie some spare clothes and for someone to go back to ours and get the boy some clothes.
"Right so. Everything looks good. We can see from your online records that you are Goddess. So a quick heal and you will be good to go and get this little one in some better clothing" Matt smiled at my boy.
"Thank you for helping" Ellie spoke. She had power on and a hand on her knee.
"Baby cries" My boy started crying.
"I think he is hungry" I handed him to Ellie and she immediately went into Mum mode. I have never seen a woman breastfeed before so it was kinda strange. Matt and his co-worker packed up their gear.
"Once again congratulations Lady Elizabeth and Sir Meliodas" Matt bowed and left.
"This is not what I was expecting to happen today" I chuckled as I placed a hand on the back of the baby's head "What are we calling this little one again? I can't keep referring to him as the baby"
"Didn't you pick Tristan?" Ban said as he sat on the floor next to us "Why are his eyes funny?"
"It's called heterochromia. Google it. I don't wanna explain it" Ellie sighed as she leaned her head on my shoulders.
"He is going to be a little heartbreaker when he is older" Ban smiled "Little Tristan Blackwood" Ellie grinned as she finished feeding him "Are you going to stick with breastfeeding this time or are you gonna bottle it?"
"Both. I'm gonna bottle breastfeed" Ellie grinned as she turned to me. She gave me Tristan to hold as she had finished feeding his greedy butt "Breastfeeding allows me to bond with Tristan but you don't get that as I would"

*KNOCK*KNOCK*
Our heads swung to the door and King, Zeldris and Estarossa stuck their heads around the door. They all looked like the floating heads from that friend's episode.
"Hey. Can we come in?" King smiled. I nodded as all 3 lads tiptoed to us.
"Everyone. Meet Tristan. Tristan, this everyone" I introduced as everyone crowded around.
"Where is my boy? I asked you to watch him" Ban frowned at Estarossa.
"Relax. Gelda has him. She's taken Zelda, Adam, Aurora, Lancelot and Kiara up to her room. Mum is with them so they will be fine. Dad said he will be here shortly. He needed a wee" Estarossa put his index finger in Tristan's small hand "Kid's got a good grip"
"I hope to God he hasn't got Kiara's powers" Zeldris cooed "How did you get such a cute kid?" Zeldris turned slightly towards me. His gaze was still on his nephew.
"Cheeky twat" I muttered.
"Can I have a cuddle now?" King wiggled his fingers at the baby.
"When he is dressed and has a nappy on. I don't think you would be happy if he peed on you" I patted Tristan's bum.
"I had twins. I got peed on 9 times. Now let me hug my nephew" King held his hands out.
"Fine" I grumbled as I handed Tristan over.
"Hey, Tristan. I'm your Uncle Oldfart" King cooed. Ban pulled his head back in confusion.
"I thought you hated that nickname?"
"Well, It grows on ya. It's only fair this one calls me it since his big sister calls me it" King smirked.
"I've been calling you it 'cause I thought it wound you up" Ban's mouth dropped.
"You sir. Have been picking on me for like 20 years or so. Nothing you do winds me up" King stuck his tongue out "Now you else want a cuddle before the captain combusts into flames"
"I don't wanna get peed on. So maybe later. I'm going to find Dad" Estarossa said as he stood up. He had a sad look on his face. He patted my shoulder and left the hall.
"Never stopped him before. I'm going to follow him" As I stood up, My Dad walked in.
"Hey Son. Congratulations on the boy!" Dad bear-hugged me. To say this dude is still suffering from Cancer. He is doing remarkably well.
"Thanks, Dad. Did you pass Esta on your way?" I grunted as Dad squeezed the living shit out of me.
"No. Why is he alright?" Dad put me down and stared at me.
"I'm not sure. It was a look he had on his face. I'm going to go find him"
"He went into the garden" King pointed as Ban finally got his cuddle.
"Cheers man. Look after Ellie and Tristan. I'll be back soon" I took off running.

I didn't realize how big the garden was. Or even if Estarossa was here. He could have gone home for all I knew.
"Estarossa where are you?" I mumbled as I looked left and right. If Kiara was here with me, She would find him with a click of her fingers. I clicked my tongue as I walk up the stone path. I could hear ranting from down the koi pond.
"Why did I freak out seeing the baby? You've seen babies before! Get a fucking grip Estarossa!" I felt a bit of relief. I put my hands in my pockets and walked towards the pond. I did see Estarossa pacing up and down.
"What is wrong with you?" I spoke. Estarossa stumbled on the spot and nearly fell into the pond.
"Nothing. Why" He refused to look at my gaze. I sat on a bench and pointed to the spot on my left.
"You just told yourself to get a grip because you freaked out when you saw Tristan. Now sit your ass down and talk to me. What is wrong?" Estarossa looked back and forth between the pond and the bench "Even if you don't want to sit, Start talking"
"It's kinda difficult to explain" He mumbled as he refused to move from the pond. He did however sit down next to the water. His back towards me.
"I know it's something. I've seen how you look at all the babies that have been around you. You look somewhat...." I clicked my fingers.
"Broken" Estarossa put his head in his hands.
"Yeah. What happened when you were at Uni"
"I met this girl. Her name was Melissa. She was human and about 3 months pregnant when I met her. The father of her baby had fucked her and then fucked off. I had become friends with her, Well more than friends" Estarossa blushed.
"I thought you were a man whore in Uni?" I crossed my arms.
"That was just a cover story for what really happened"
"Continue please"
"It wasn't intentional but I did all the Dad side of things. Hospital appointments, Helped decorate the nursery. Held her hair back when she threw up in the morning. I once drove around for 3 hours, Checking every Iceland for Turkey Twizzlers because she was craving them" Estarossa smiled softly "A week before the baby was born, She told me she loved me. I was so happy. We were going to be a family. Anyway. The baby comes 3 days later and it was a beautiful bouncing baby boy. He was called Joseph. I named him after our Granddad. I did it all. The 3am feeds. Changing the nappies. I was the Dad. We were a family" Estarossa smiled softly then wiped his eyes.
"Why didn't you introduce us to her? We would have welcomed her into the family"
"I had planned to but it kinda went tits up. Quite badly in fact"
"What happened to Melissa and Joseph?" I got up from the bench and sat next to Estarossa.
"The week before I was going to introduce you guys to Melissa and baby Joe. They were murdered. I had Uni class that day and left Melissa and the baby at home. The Principle called me to his office. He told me what had happened. I never did find out who did it" Estarossa wiped his eyes again "That boy was only Two weeks old and some sicko killed him"
"How bad did you love her?"
"She was my mate," Estarossa said as he picked up a small stone and skimmed it across the water.
"I thought that Scorpio is your mate" I scrunched my face up.
"Mate isn't a person. You fall for the soul. Scorpio and Melissa share a soul. When I am with Zoey, I feel safe and warm. Like I did with Melissa"
"But you can only have one Mate" I frowned again "That's what's always been said about the Mate thing"
"Maybe because I ain't a proper Demon but I don't believe you get one Mate. I think you get more than one but only if one soul dies before their time is up"
"Because yours and Melissa's souls want to be together. You guys didn't get your ever after but now with Scorpio, You can. If that is what you want"
"Of course it is. More than anything. I'm just scared" Estarossa brought his knees up to his chin "I lost one family. I can't lose another"
"But Scorpio is immortal, Isn't she? You won't lose her" I put my hand on my brother's shoulder.
"I'm just scared. Zoey knows all of this. Everything. So does Zeldris" Estarossa wiped his eyes.
"What? And he never told me! Why that slimy git" I sulked.
"I asked him not to say anything"
"How long has he known?"
"Since the weekend before you moved in with Ellie"
"That was like two years ago! How has he kept it quiet since then" My mouth flapped open like a fish "I kinda feel left out that I didn't know. Do Mum and Dad know?"
"Nope," Estarossa shook his head.
"Yes," A deep voice spoke behind us. We spun around to see our Dad flying behind us "I heard everything" He landed.
"Dad. I -" Dad held his hand up as Estarossa shut up.
"I don't need to know why you kept it to yourself. Like I have said before, Never explain yourself. Your friend doesn't need it and your enemies won't believe it" Dad walked to our spot "I understand your reasons. I just wanna know. Do you feel better talking about this Melissa girl?"
"I do. It's hard to do so" Estarossa nodded slowly "Thanks for listening even if you weren't meant to"
"I would say time heals all wounds but we know better than that" Dad stood in front of us.
"Grief never goes away. We just learned to get on with it" I shrugged as Dad put his hands on our cheeks.
"Now. Meliodas. You need to go back to Elizabeth and your son. I'll deal with Estarossa"
"Good luck bro" I patted his shoulder and then pulled him into a hug "I'm here if you need me" I turned my wings on and flew off.

- Time skip 15 hours - Kiara's Pov -

I opened my eyes and saw my Mummy sitting at the end of the bed. Daddy was asleep on the sofa and there was a bucket-looking thingy on the coffee table.
"Hey Baby girl. You okay?" Mummy asked as she moved towards me. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to sit up.
"I think so. I remember telling Daddy that you wet yourself. The room was spinning and now I am here" I folded my legs.
"Yeah about that. Do you remember that I had a baby in my belly?"
"Yes"
"Well, the reason I had wet myself was that I had the baby" Mummy waved her hand to the bucket thing "Wanna meet your baby brother?"
"Will I break him?" I sat cross-legs.
"Only if you are really clumsy so be really carefull" Mummy smiled as she put a lot of pillows around me. She cups my chin and walks off to the bucket thing. Mummy poked Daddy on the shoulder and he bolted upright.
"What?! I wasn't sleeping!" He rubbed his eyes.
"Sure you weren't" She then picked up the baby and hugged him. Keeping him close to her chest "Kiara's awake by the way" Daddy shot off the sofa and dived onto the bed. He pulled me into a tight hug.
"Hey, baby girl. Are you okay?" He mumbled.
"I'm fine Daddy" I hugged back. Mummy was now in front of me.
"Do you remember how I taught you to hold a baby?" She tilted her head. I nodded.
"Hook my arm, Cross my legs and no sudden movements" I grinned as Mummy placed my baby brother in my arms.
"Kiara, This is Tristan," Daddy said as he wrapped his arms around me and Tristan.
"Hi, Tristan. I'm Kiara. I'm your big sister" I kissed his forehead as Mummy took a photo on her phone "Mummy, He smells funny" I scrunched my nose up. Daddy bent his head down.
"Code brown. Give him here. I'll change him" Daddy took Tristan off me and he started crying.
"Is he okay? Did I hurt him?" I felt really bad. I looked at my hands "Did my powers hurt him?"
"No baby. He cried because he wants you to keep hugging him but we need to change his bum" Mummy sat next to me and pulled me onto her lap "Your baby brother loves you already"
"I love him. When he is a bit bigger. I will show him my powers. I can teach him how to make a snowman in winter!" I clapped my hands.
"That sounds wonderful sweetie" Mummy ran her fingers over my hair.
"And when he is my age, I will help him use his powers. If he has any"
"He might. He is like you. A child of two races" Daddy grinned as he put the stinky nappy in a bag "Want more cuddles?"
"Yes please"

We finally left the hotel place and Mummy was putting Tristan in the car and Daddy was helping me. I really wanted to go for ice cream.
"Can we go get ice cream or do we have to go straight home?" I tilted my head.
"I think we can go for ice cream. What do you say, Mummy?" Daddy smirked. Mummy nodded. Where are they planning something?
"Ice cream sounds good"
"Yay! And why are you two smiling at each other?" I folded my arms.
"Kiara, Since you and Mummy missed the party last night, We are having an ice cream party at Libra's bar"
"Awesome. They can meet Tristan too" I then remember something from last night "Is Capricorn going to be there too?"
"I think so, baby. Why?" Mummy turned around in her seat.
"She had a weird sound coming from her belly last night. Like you, Auntie Fangs, Auntie Elaine and Auntie DD. I think she has a baby in her tummy"
"I'll talk to her when we get there"
*RING*RING*
"That is my phone" Daddy spoke as he clicked a button above his head "Hello?"
"Dude. Party has started. where are you?"
"Hi Ban" Mummy and Daddy both spoke.
"HI UNCLE BONBON!" I shouted. Mummy told me to be quiet so I didn't wake the baby "Sorry Mummy"
"Hey Kiki, Feeling better?"
"Yes. I got to meet my baby brother this morning. He did a really stinky poop"
"Really? Even worse than when Uncle Oldfart farts?"
"10 times worse" I held up 10 fingers.
"Good lad! Anyway, Guess you are on your way?"
"We will be there in about 15 minutes" Daddy spoke.
"Good. Oh, Kiki?"
"Yeah?"
"I have chicken nuggets" Uncle Bonbon hung up the phone.
"Nuggets. Daddy drive! Drive! I want the nuggets"

- Ellie's Pov -

The party was in full swing by lunchtime. Kiara had already eaten her body weight in chicken nuggets and was now eating a chocolate sundae.
"That kid does nothing but eat and she is still a dinky one" Diane sighed as she fed her babies.
"You know, I never really thanked you when she was born" I crossed my left leg over my right.
"What do you mean?"
"If it wasn't for you putting a roof over my head and getting me out of that hell. Then Kiara wouldn't be here"
"You are my best friend. Still are. You were always there for me in Primary and Secondary. We made it through college and Uni together. I will always be there to help you and Kiara. Meliodas can help himself"
"Is that any way to treat your Captain?" Speak of the devil as he sat next to me "Or your boss for that matter?"
"Do you think that will stop me?" Diane gave him a resting bitch face look.
"No" Meliodas shrugged as his phone went off.
"Who wants you?"
"Merlin. We have a new mission on Friday night" Meliodas groaned.
"Normal or new one"
"Local drugs bust" Meliodas showed Diane the text.
"Normal then" I sighed as I rocked Tristan's pram.
"I can stay home if you want me to?" Meliodas tilted his head.
"No, you go to work. Just don't get shot..... Again" I shook my head.
"This is why I love you. You enable me" Meliodas kissed my cheek "Diane, Will you watch Tristan and Kiara? I need to have a quick word with Ellie" Meliodas stood up and held out his hand for me to take.
"Sure" Diane waved us off.

We walked out into the garden and stood by the water fountain. Meliodas sighed as he sat on the edge of the said fountain.
"Okay, what's up?" I sat next to him.
"I got the forms for Kiara's adoption. They came in the post two days ago. I was going to tell you yesterday but Tristan made his arrival" Meliodas grinned.
"I didn't even know you had sent them off?"
"Yep. I am officially Kiara's Daddy" I flung my arms around his neck "I always wanted to say thank you"
"For what?" I let him go.
"For giving me a beautiful baby boy and amazing daughter. Thank you for being my ready-made family"
"I love you"
"I love you more. My best friend, My mate, My wife" Meliodas wrapped his arms around me "If I hadn't married you yesterday. I would ask you to marry me again. I won't ever stop trying. I will ask one thing though?"
"What is that?"
"Be my Queen"
"Doesn't being your wife already come with that title?"
"Yes and no. If you didn't want to be Queen then your title would still be Princess"
"Why are you asking if I want to be your Queen?"
"Mum and Dad are thinking of handing the crown over. They want me and you to take over"
"What about Liones? I meant to be taking this place over"
"We could get a house that is in between both or someone else can rule this place" Meliodas waved his hands around.
"Dad can figure that bit out. I don't care where I am. As long as I am with you and the two kids then I am happy and yes I will be your Queen"