Chapter 13

- Meliodas's Pov -

I pulled up outside Ellie's house with five minutes to spare. I turned off the engine and got out of the car. I had just stepped on the garden path when Ellie's front door opened.
"MELIODAS!!" I heard a voice scream at me. I grinned as Kiara ran down the garden path. She was wearing a white summer dress, white sandals and a mini denim jacket. Her hair was in a bun with a white bow. I knelt down and held my arms open. Kiara flew into them.
"Hi, there" I hugged the little one tightly. I looked up and saw Ellie in front of me, I must have looked like a flapping goldfish with the way my mouth was hanging open "She looks beautiful" She was wearing this knee-length flowery dress and denim jacket. White converses on her feet. Her hair with half up, half down. She has a cooler bag on her arm. Kiara's car seat in her spare hand "Whoa. You look pretty"
"Thanks" Ellie blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. I scooped Kiara up in my arms as I didn't really want to let go.
"Come on you, Let's get you in the car" I grinned as I used my free hand and took the cooler off Ellie "You didn't really have to bring this"
"Kiara insisted that we bring loads of drinks. She kept saying it's going to be warm today" Ellie shrugged as we went to the car. She quickly made work of the car seat. I place Kiara in it and she strapped her in. I looked at the sky and saw Kiara was right. It was getting warmer.
"Kids psychic" I joked as I went to put the cooler in the boot.
"That I can believe. Ban calls her a little Jedi. I'm personally waiting for her to make things float" Ellie grinned as she opens her side of the car.
"Now I don't know if you're actually joking" I climbed in the car. I looked at both Ellie and Kiara "Right ready for an afternoon at the beach?"
"YEAH!" Kiara squealed. I chuckled.
"Let's Go!" I turned on the engine. It takes roughly, half an hour to get to the beach. We should arrive by lunchtime. I can't wait for Fish and chips by the sea.

- Ban's Pov -

Me and Diane walked into the shopping centre and went straight to the food court. I scouted around to find the fairies.
"Where are they?" I thought to myself. Diane then grinned and ran over to the fountain "There's my girl. She looks like she has been crying?" I quickly rushed over and sat next to Elaine.
"Hey Ban" Elaine sniffed. So she has been crying. She used her sleeve to wipe her face.
"Baby, What's wrong?" I wrapped my arm around her small shoulders.
"Can we head outside for a minute? I need to talk to you" Elaine floated upwards and headed for the door. I looked at King and he pointed at me and then towards Elaine.

I followed Elaine out the door and we sat on a bench under the old oak tree.
"Baby, What's wrong? You're scaring me"
"I did a pregnancy test today" Elaine muttered. I felt my shoulders stiffen.
"What? Are you pregnant?" I quizzed as Elaine handed me her test. I stared at the little screen "It's negative" I turned the stick over in my hands.
"I know" Elaine started full-on sobbing.
"Then why are you crying?" I rubbed Elaine's back.
"Because deep down, I wanted it to be positive" Elaine cried out "But then I felt guilty because I don't know how you feel about having kids" I pulled Elaine into my arms and let her sob into my chest. Did I want kids? I don't really have any experience with babies other than Kiara but then again a mini me or Elaine running around would be kinda cool.
"Then let's make a baby," I said as Elaine's head shot up.
"What?" She stuttered. I used my thumbs to clear away her tears.
"Elaine, I love you. I wanna have a baby with you" I grinned. I cupped her cheeks.
"You're not just saying that because I am crying are you?"
"I mean it. A mini me or you would be kinda cool. We have had enough practice with Kiara. I want to be a family with you" I smiled as Elaine flung her arms around me.
"I love you Ban"
"I love you too, Elaine"

- Ellie's Pov -

Meliodas and I sat on a beach towel while Kiara made a sandcastle. We were eating fish and chips. Kiara had already wolfed hers down.
"Thank you for this afternoon" I smiled.
"Not a problem. Thought it would be a great way to get back in your good books" Meliodas did this half-smile. When he smiles my tummy does somersaults. I would say there are butterflies flapping around but it feels as if the whole zoo is in there.
"You never really left it. I understood why you snapped that day" I shrugged.
"You are way too understanding" Meliodas munched on a chip.
"I have to be. My mother has tried to teach me that emotions make us weak and if I was to become Queen then I need to be harsh and justified. Well as you can tell I thought ah bollocks to that. It was my father that taught me emotions are what makes us human"
"I take it, Your Mother is a Goddess?" Meliodas quizzed.
"Yep, I was the only one to take after her. Margaret and Veronica are human like our Father"
"Are they too getting matched with Princes?"
"Nope, They got to marry their true love. Margret married Gilthunder last year and Veronica is marrying Griamore this time next month" I grinned. That reminds me. I need to get someone to babysit Kiara next month.
"You sound almost jealous?"
"Marrying someone because I have to is not my idea of happily ever after" I put down my chips and folded my arms.
"And what is? If you don't mind me asking" Meliodas sipped his drink.
"If I ever got married, I want it to be to someone I choose. I want to be married because I am loved and not because I am a Princess. What's your idea of ever after?" I wondered. Meliodas scratched his head.
"I never really believed in ever after. It's kinda different for Demons"
"How so?" I tilted my head.
"I don't know if it works for Goddesses but Demon gets this instinct. This is gonna sound corny but have you ever watched Twilight?"
"I did. Diane made me" I chuckled.
"Do you remember when Jacob laid his eyes on the weird baby thing? He... urm... Crap what did he call it?" Meliodas clicked his fingers.
"Something about imprinting or something like that" I responded.
"Yeah that. It's kinda similar to what Demons go through"
"Believe it's called finding your mate" I looked out at the sea "Goddesses get the same thing. Our races are not so different"
"I live in darkness while you live in the light" Meliodas mumbled. He ran a hand threw his golden locks "Have you ever found your mate?"
"I thought I did with Mael. Guess I was wrong. What about you?" I couldn't exactly tell Meliodas that I had been falling in love with him over the last 6 weeks.
"Like you, I thought it was Zaneri but I was wrong though, I found my mate but I don't know how she feels about me" Meliodas admitted as he had a small blush on his face. So he loves another, And she happens to be his mate. He's not even mine, Why do I feel jealous?
"You should tell her. It may be the only way to know for sure" Deep down, I didn't want to know who his mate was. I just want him happy.
"I guess, Might do it later" Meliodas put his hand under his chin "Oh I did find something out that kinda affects you"
"Oh, what is that?" Thank god he changed the subject. I heard Kiara laugh as she made her sand castle bigger. I took a sip of my drink.
"I found Mael's brother" Meliodas replied. I spat my drink out.
"I'm sorry. What?"
"I had asked Ban about Mael and why he thought Mael was a knob. He told me what he knew and that he had a brother"
"He did. Mael always said that his brother abandoned him"
"Technically true. You see his brother, is called Estarossa" Meliodas looked at the table. I've heard of that name. But where from? "Trying to work out the name?" Meliodas spoke.
"Yeah, How do I know it?" I tried to rack my brain but I didn't have any luck.
"He's my brother" my eye widened as my head spun. Meliodas who was still not looking me in the eyes.
"Hang on? Your brother?" It then clicked "Prince Estarossa. The third Prince of the Demon realm"
"Yep. I asked my father about the orphanage where we got Estarossa from and he told me what Estarossa said to him that day"
"What did he say? Does he know about Kiara?" I felt panicked.
"Only Zeldris knows about Kiara. My father told me he was going to adopt both Mael and Estarossa but Estarossa stopped him. My Father said that Estarossa didn't want him to go with them. He was sick of living in his brother's shadow"
"So you're brother is the reason that Mael flipped his switch and became an asshole?"
"Not exactly. Estarossa came home from University the other week and I asked him what he remembered of his brother. Estarossa's colour dropped from his face and he said the only thing I needed to know was that asshole was a waste of space and to keep him away from women" Meliodas looked over at Kiara.
"Wish someone warned me of him years ago" I mumbled "The only good thing that came from him was Kiara"
"She is amazing. Despite who her Father was" Meliodas took another sip of his drink "Will admit this though, You are taking the news a whole lot better than I thought you would"
"Is" I corrected "Sorry. Force of habit and it can't be helped that my asshole ex is a relation to your family. No point getting all worked up over it" I let out a sigh "I do wish Mael wasn't her Father. I wish someone else was" Not gonna lie. I wish Meliodas was her dad.
"If you ever find your mate then he can be her dad"
"I doubt it. Not many men want to take on another man's child"
"I would" Meliodas blurted out "I mean, If my mate had a little one then I would take them on" I was about to respond when Kiara came running over to us.
"Mummy? Meliodas? Can you help me? I can't reach the top of my castle to put the flag on" Kiara moaned as she waved the flag in the air. Meliodas shot up, Picked Kiara up and put her on his broad shoulders "Look, Mummy! I am as tall as Uncle Bonbon!"
"I can see that. You be careful" I called out as I pulled my phone out. I took some pictures and the two. I'll print them out later and put them in Kiara's memory book.

It was now 6 in the evening and we were heading back to the car. Kiara was zonked out in my arms. It has been the best afternoon ever. We went to the arcades, The fun fair, Swimming in the sea and making sand castles. Kiara even tried to bury Meliodas in the sand when he fell asleep in the shade.
"I'll say it again. Thank you for an awesome day. I guess not all guys are the same" I smiled.
"I'll say the same for Goddesses. You two are okay" Meliodas grinned "If it wasn't for the business meeting I got to go to, I don't think I want this day to end"
"I don't either. It has been a great day. We gotta do this again"
"Well. Next weekend, We could do something. I'm I still allowed to movie nights on Fridays?" Meliodas questioned.
"Yes," Kiara spoke. Making us jump. I thought she was asleep. Her eyes were closed and her head was on my shoulders.
"I thought you were asleep baby girl" I patted Kiara on the back.
"I heard Meliodas ask if he is still invited to the movie night. I want him there. I like him. He's fun" Kiara mumbled.
"He's not so bad" I replied as Meliodas grinned at me. Kiara was soon snoring once again. We had arrived at the car and I put Kiara in her car seat.
"Right we better get you guys home" Meliodas closed the boot softly.
"Before we go. I do have one last question" I took a deep breath as Meliodas looked at me.
"Okay"
"Why did you avoid me for 6 weeks?" I had to know. I braced myself for the answer. Whatever it may be.
"Because... " Meliodas stuttered. He kept opening his mouth like a fish. He then took a deep breath and looked me dead in the eyes "Because I'm falling in love with you"