Chapter 23

- Ellie's Pov -

"Is Meliodas a gang member?" I sat on the edge of my bed. Amelia, I mean Aquarius, bit her lip as she walked towards the window.
"It's not my place to tell you that. All you need to know is that he is coming to get you" Aquarius informed. I flung backwards on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I thought back to that day in the park. I saw something on his arm and Ban mentioned he had a tattoo.
"He is a Sin, Isn't he? He has the dragon tattoo on his left arm. Dragon Sin Or Wrath" I pushed myself up onto my elbows.
"He is. Well more like their Captain" Aquarius nodded her head.
"I think my friends are part of The Sins. Diane, King and Ban"
"Yep. They are. Diane is The Serpent Sin Of Envy. King is The Grizzly Sin Of Sloth and Ban is The Fox Sin Of Greed"
"I'm best friends with gangsters" I let out a small puff of air.
"You are taking this remarkably well"
"I'm a Princess of the Kingdom. And Ban is my best friend, Nothing surprises me anymore. Anything else you want to tell me about Meliodas"
"Meliodas was once the Captain of The 10 commandments too"
"I thought it wasn't your place to tell me? How comes he left the Commandments?"
"That I do not know. Maybe you should ask him" Aquarius turned to face me.
"Amelia, I mean Aquarius" I bolted upright. Aquarius held her hand up.
"You can call me Amelia. I prefer that name to Aquarius"
"So what is your power? When I lived in Liones castle, I would sit in my father's study and I found a book that describes the powers of The Zodiacs but your name wasn't in it" I crossed my legs. Amelia sat on a nearby chair.
"That is because I am the newest member. I joined about 15 years ago. Shortly after you fled. My power? I believe it's called Aquakinesis, Hydrokinesis and anything water-kinesis. I can't make water out of thin air though. That is my brother's power"
"Your brother?"
"Pisces. Jack Lane. We both can manipulate different aspects of water and use them to our advantage. Our powers work together as well"
"Wish I could have an amazing power like you. I only can fly and heal" I hung my head low.
"Did your mother not teach about the Goddess race?" Amelia quizzed. I shook my head "So you don't know ARK?"
"ARK?"
"ARK is a shield-like power. All Goddess are able to use this power"
"I can't. Can you show me how to?"
"Alas, I can not. I am not of that race. I am a mermaid" Amelia lifted part of her dress up and showed me her leg. It had shiny baby-pink scales. I really wanted to run my hand over them "Unlike my brother, I can't turn this off. So I don't get to wear anything other than long skirts, dresses or jeans. Kinda sucks"
"Oh My God! My daughter would love you! She loves all races"
"Didn't know you had a daughter"
"Yeah she is 4. 5 in November"
"Wow. You look great for someone with a kid. Word of Advice, Don't tell The King or Queen you have a child. They really frown against bastard children"
*KNOCK* *KNOCK*
My door opened and a middle-aged woman walked in. Amelia jumped up from the chair and stood to attention.
"Lady Igraine!" So this is The Queen Of Camelot.
"Miss Lane, Relax. I only came to introduce myself to my future daughter-in-law and find out what is taking so long for her to come downstairs" Lady Igraine held her head up and walked over to the edge of the bed. She frowned "When a Queen enters a room, You are to stand on your feet. UP! Now!" The queen ordered. I sighed as I shuffled off the bed and stood on my feet.
"Excuse my manners. I am a bit rusty with Royal mannerisms. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Elizabeth -" I felt a sharp pain across my cheek. I fell to the floor. I looked up as I wiped the blood off my lip. Amelia looked horrified.
"Do not speak to me unless I speak to you first! A stupid little girl. You need to learn your place. Now, I already know who you are, Princess Elizabeth. I am not happy that my husband picked you to marry our son but there is nothing I can do about it. Now, Get dressed. Be downstairs in 10 minutes" I was still on the floor as Lady Igraine left my room. Amelia ran over and helped me up.
"I'm so sorry that I didn't stop her. I can't let her know that I plan on flooding this place. Once my brother gets here" Amelia apologized as she smirked. I patted her shoulder. Amelia went to the wardrobe and picked a blue off-the-shoulder dress with silver heels "Hopefully this is okay?"
"It is fine. I'll change in the bathroom" I nodded as I grabbed the dress and went into the bathroom. I quickly put it on. It felt tacky and itchy "Erugh. My Princess dress is comfier than this crap" I walked out of the bathroom "I feel like an idiot in this"
"48 hours and it will all be over" Amelia folded her arms.
"Only 48?" I raised my eyebrows as I stepped into my heels. Amelia opened the bedroom door.
"My lady" Amelia bowed as I walked past.

Amelia lead me to the main hall where Lady Igraine was sitting. I took a deep breath and walked in.
"Your Royal Highness's. I present to you Lady Elizabeth. The Third Princess Of The Kingdom of Liones" Amelia introduce me. I held my head high, and My arms hung by my side. I knew I had to make it look like I wanted to be here.
"Are you sure this is her?" The King looked at Sir Hendrickson.
"Positive"
"Lady Elizabeth, Why do you have silver hair? It can't be natural" The King frowned.
"I'm afraid it is" I replied. The King clicked his tongue.
"You look like a freak" The King rose out of his seat and walked towards me.
"Darling, what are you doing?" Lady Igraine tilted her head. The King circled me.
"Examining her. Small waist. Oversize breasts. Round ass. Curves. She may be able to have a son. I suppose you will do for Arthur" I wanted to say something but I didn't want to get hit again "I would like to know something. Why did you break Hendrickson's nose?"
"He tried to touch me in the car. My friend taught me how to headbutt" The King turned his head so he could look over his shoulder.
"Hendrickson is this true?"
"I put my hand on her thigh. That was all I did. She then attacked me" Hendrickson walked over to us.
"He started to move his hand up my leg. I couldn't tell him to get off me as he had put duck tape on my mouth" I insisted. Hendrickson squared up to me. Yelling at me.
"Silence!" The King stood between us "Hendrickson, You should not have touched the Princess. She is way out of your league. Now go stand over there and Lady Elizabeth, Women do not fight. You are to be a man's servant. Allow them to fight for you" The King walked back to his throne.
"Uther darling. I would like to bring the wedding forward 24 hours. Have it tomorrow at sunset" Lady Igraine smiled.
"That sounds amazing. We will send out invites at once" Uther clicked his fingers and a maid ran off "Where is that boy!?" Uther said as he turned to Lady Igraine. She went to speak but as if on cue, The hall's doors opened.
"I am so sorry that I am late. I wasn't in Camelot when I was made aware that The Princess was here. Where is she?" The Lad with the orange hair stood next to me.
"Arthur, You are standing right next to her" Uther waved his hand at me. Arthur's eye looked at me. He had a blank look on his face.
"Is this her?" He pointed at me as he looked at his Mother and Father. They both nodded "I guess she will have to do. When is the wedding?"
"Tomorrow at Sunset"
"Cool. I need to go somewhere. Want at least one night of freedom till I am bound to this... This" Arthur look up and down at me as he walked out of the room.
"I will never know what is going on in his mind" Uther muttered "Miss Lane. Take Princess Elizabeth back to her room. We will see her tomorrow" Amelia bowed and grabbed my arm. She marched me out of the room and back into my room.

- Kiara's Pov -

I laid down on the sofa. My tummy. I want my Mummy. Auntie Elaine placed a wet towel on my head.
"Feeling any better sweetie?" She stroked my head.
"No. I want my Mummy. When is she coming back?" I mumbled. Auntie Elaine looked sad.
"She's had to go visit her friend in Benwick" Auntie Elaine replied. I frowned as I looked into her eyes "I can't tell her that her Mum was kidnapped"
"My Mummy was kidnapped!" I sat up.
"I didn't say that!" Auntie Elaine protested. I crawled onto my knees.
"I heard you say it. You said I can't tell her that her Mum was kidnapped. I heard it. You said it in here" I pointed to Auntie Elaine's head.
"You read my mind? Do it again"
"I don't know how to. I was trying to make my tummy stop hurting" I rubbed my tummy. Auntie Elaine made a funny noise Like she was a clock. Then floated around and back to me.
"Okay, try not to think of anything and I want you to listen for anything. I won't be using my mouth"
"Okay" I nodded as I closed my eyes. I can hear a buzzing sound.
"Kiara? Can you hear me?" Elaine thought to me. I opened my eyes and Elaine's eyes were glowing "I see that you can hear me"
"I can! I can read minds!" I started clapping.
*KNOCK* *KNOCK*
"Safe to come in?" Uncle Bonbon stuck his head around the door.
"UNCLE BONBON!" I screamed as I flew at him. I nearly floored him.
"I take it your feeling better?" Uncle Bonbon asked as he sat me on his hip.
"No. I want my Mummy to make it better but she's been kidnapped" I put my hands on my belly.
"How do you know she's been kidnapped?" Uncle Bonbon tilted his head.
"Auntie Elaine thought it. Uncle Bonbon, I can read minds like Auntie Elaine and Uncle OldFart"
"I really wish you wouldn't call me that," Uncle Oldfart said as he and Auntie DD came into the front room. I flew away from Uncle Bonbon and hugged them both.
"So you can read minds then and make the ground shake" Auntie DD poked my nose "And Fly. Are you sure you are a Goddess?"
"Yes. My eye does a weird thing like Mummy's" I grinned.
"Show me?" Uncle Bonbon asked. I turned my eyeballs on.
"One Orange eye with a triskle. One grey" OldFart did a half-smile.
"Why has my Mummy been kidnapped?" I stared at my Aunties and Uncles.
"We don't know" Auntie DD looked at the floor.
"Do you know where she is?" I frowned. I'm going to look into their minds. I hope.
"No," Auntie DD said "I miss Ellie"
"Nope," Oldfart shrugged "Diane... Ice cream... Apples"
"Sorry Midget. We don't know yet" Uncle Bonbon looked out the window. He didn't think anything but I did hear a car pull up. Ban was grinning "Captain's here" Auntie Elaine walked out the door and opened the front.
"Hey, Meliodas. How are you holding up?" She spoke.
"I'm fine" Meliodas replied "I'm lying. I'm a mess"
"Why is Meliodas a mess?" I whispered into Oldfart's ear.
"He misses your Mum" I nodded. Auntie Elaine and Meliodas came back into the room. I climbed out of Oldfart's arms and ran to Meliodas. I wrapped my arms around his waist.
"I know you miss my Mummy but I also know you can get her back" I mumbled. Meliodas rubbed the back of my head. I can't read his mind. It's too busy.
"Take it you heard from Arthur?" Uncle Bonbon crossed his arms.
"Yep. He needs us in Camelot by tomorrow afternoon" Meliodas nodded.
"Have you told the others?" Auntie DD leaned her head on Uncle Oldfart's shoulder.
"Yeah, Libra and Zeldris are informing everyone" Meliodas sat down on the sofa. Who is Libra? I sat on his lap.
"You told what's his name?" Uncle Bonbon typed on his phone. Meliodas squeezed his eyes at the screen and then looked at me.
"Right. Urm. I didn't. I thought it best that you did that as what's his name? You know him better. Oh, Libra and Sagittarius want to leave here at half 10"
"Cool. Have you heard from Cancer and Capricorn?"
"Nope. Castle is on Lockdown. And Leo isn't happy about Cancer wandering off without telling him"
"She's a Vampire. She'll be fine" Ban waved his hands.
"Like Gelda!" I cheered.
"So what do people want for dinner?" Ban took his jacket off.
"What you cooking?" Auntie Elaine quizzed.
"That's why I asked. Though I think a certain someone wants nuggets?" I spun my head around and clapped.
"Nuggets!"
"I'll get on it. So if no one knows what they want, I'll make anything up and you can deal with it" Ban walked out of the room. Meliodas lifted me off the sofa and stood up. He placed me on a pile of cushions.
"I'll help Ban"

- Meliodas's Pov -

"I'll help Ban" I announced as I left the front room. I wasn't going to touch the food. I live on takeaway as I cannot cook. My cooking is not the best. I could possibly kill Ban with my cooking. I once gave my dad food poisoning. I walked into the kitchen and slumped at the table. Ban had just turned on the oven.
"How are you holding up?" He flicked my hair.
"Honestly I am a mess. I don't know what to do. I am the most feared demon in all of our history and I am a blubbering mess. My own dad is scared of me and he is the King Of Demons"
"Most people are scared of your power. I don't even dare go up against you. After all, you are the only one who gave me this scar" Ban pointed to his neck.
"I don't get why I am a mess though. This whole mate thing is confusing as fuck" I put my head on the table.
"I don't know much about other races mates bollocks but she is your other half. You wanna protect her. Be there in any way she wants you. She is the one lifeline that binds you to this world"
"You've been watching too much Twilight" I chuckled.
"And it's sad that you know that" Ban pointed a knife at me "To me, This mate's thing is like a wolf alpha and his queen. When threatened, The Queen hides under the male not because she is afraid but because she can protect the alpha's neck from the attacker. You're protecting her and she is protecting you"
"I never really thought of it that way" I raised my eyebrows and did this little pout.
*RING* *RING*
"Who wants you?" Ban quizzed as he started chopping tomatoes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I stared at the screen in disbelief.
"My dad is ringing me?" I scrunched my nose up."Better answer it" I press the answer better.
"Hey, dad, What's up?"
"Meliodas, Did you know that Lady Elizabeth is getting married? I just received an nvitation. Is this why the arrangement didn't work out?"
"Dad, I was hoping to explain this in person. Surprised Mum or Zeldris didn't tell you. Before you told me about the arrangement with Lady Elizabeth, I happened to piss her off. I told her I hate all Goddesses"
"You are such an idiot, And no, Nobody tells me anything!"
"Hot fuzz reference" Ban spoke.
"Hello Ban"
"Hi, Bard! How's it hanging?" Ban cheered. Ban gets on well with my dad.
"About an inch of the floor. So did you know about Meliodas and Lady Elizabeth's little row"
"Yeah but I think he should tell you the rest of the story"
"There's more?" Bard quizzed.
"Yep. You see I was wallowing in self-pity as I felt bad that I pissed Elizabeth. Mainly for the reason that Lady Elizabeth is my mate and I am hers"
"She is your mate! Then why is she marrying some other guy?!"
"We met up the other day and talked for hours. She was kidnapped earlier today by the Pendragons. Granted we only started talking because of her daughter"
"She has a daughter? Is this the one that Estarossa has been gushing about?" My Dad asked. Bloody Estarossa.
"Yeah. Elizabeth's daughter is the offspring of a guy called Mael"
"Estarossa's brother? Small world. So why is Lady Elizabeth marrying the Pendragon Prince when she is your mate?"
"We hadn't announced our relationship yet. We were going to take it slow. Also, Elizabeth's family doesn't know about her daughter so can you keep it quiet"
"I didn't know you were dating" Ban butted in. I slapped my forehead.
"We hadn't told anyone"
"I'll keep it quiet. Take it, You are going to claim Lady Elizabeth's daughter as your own?"
"I might. I love both of them but I will only take the Dad role If both accept it"
"Aww, my son is all grown up. I might not be able to tell Bartra and Caroline about Lady Elizabeth's daughter but can I tell your Mother? 3 good reasons. One, she hates not knowing things and Two, She would be an amazing Nanna and third, She's in the same room as me" Bard pleaded.
"You can tell Mum. Just make sure she keeps it quiet and are you going to the wedding tomorrow?"
"I am. Take it, You are going to cause trouble?"
"The Pendragons took my woman. Shot up my bar and my friends. Destroyed 5 of my hearts. They are all healed but still hurt a bit"
"Are all the Sins going?"
"Sins, Commandments and Zodiacs. Bartra came to us all at our meeting the other day and asked us to protect his daughter"
"I believe he wants to keep Elizabeth away from Caroline"
"Why Caroline?" Ban asked as he put some spaghetti in boiling water.
"I don't know but no one trusts a Goddess without wings"
"Why doesn't she have wings?"
"I don't know. She lost them around 30-odd years ago when Bartra became King. I can find out for you and tell you tomorrow. The wedding is at Sunset. I'll be in Camelot by lunchtime. I will meet up with you at some point. Please don't blow the place up"
"I'll try. Can't promise anything. I find out they have laid one hand on my woman, I will destroy Camelot"
"Meliodas, Please act your age. This wrath of yours will get you nowhere" I heard my Dad sigh. I can just picture him pinching his nose.
"Act my age? What is fuck is that, 'Act my age'? The ocean is old as fuck but it will still drown your ass with vigour"
"We will talk tomorrow"
"Speak tomorrow Dad. love you"
"Love you too son"
"BYE, BARD!" Ban called out.
"BYE BAN!" My Dad yelled. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I hung up.
"I love your Dad. At least he can help with tomorrow. Better let the others know"
"I will after food. I need a full stomach when dealing with Libra"
"Now that I can understand. Though I am surprised that you are still in Liones. I thought you would be in Camelot by now"
"Strangely enough, Before coming here. I was at the border of Liones and was heading that way"
"What stopped you?"
"I don't actually know how to get to Camelot" I admitted.
"You could have used the GPS that came with your car?"
"I have a GPS in my car?" I raised my eyebrows "I didn't know that!" I smashed my head onto the table.
"And here I thought Scorpio was useless with technology. I'll come over tomorrow and show you"
"Not as bad as Libra that doesn't know what a birthday is but can work a phone"
"I will never understand that. Anyway. Pop down shop for me and get some coco-cola"
"Sure" I agreed as I left the kitchen. I told everyone I wouldn't be long as dragged my sorry ass to the car. I was barely functioning. The way my ass is now, I won't be able to save Ellie tomorrow and our, I mean her daughter will hate me. I need to pull myself together. I don't want to be that asshole in front of her. That side terrifies me but to save her, I will let it happen.