Chapter 5

- Meliodas's Pov -

After we watched a few movies, Kiara was well and truly out for the count. She was snuggled into Ellie's side. Diane and King were snoozing on King's pillow. Elaine was out cold wrapped in a blanket and Ban was dismantling the screens.
"She looks so peaceful" I pointed at Kiara as Ellie ran her fingers over Kiara's hair.
"She does" Ellie smiled.
"So you guys do this every Friday night?" I quizzed.
"Yeah. Every since she was born, We have watched a movie or two. Kiara loves it. Sort gives her the incentive to be good at school all week" Ellie replied as we watch Ban drop stuff.
"Well, If it's all right with you, I would like to come back next week and join in again" I wondered.
"Kiara seems to like you, So If Ban and this lot don't mind, Then yeah. I think it could be really great" Ellie nodded as she grinned. I went to cheer but then I remember that Kiara was sleeping "I really should get her home"
"Did you drive here? If not, I can give you guys a lift home" I offered.
"My car's out front. Thanks for the offer though" Ellie struggled to get up of the bean bag "Every week this happens" Ellie groaned as she gave up trying to get up.
"May I take her?" I knelt next to Ellie and Kiara. Ellie looked hesitant for a moment but nodded. I scooped my arm under Kiara's legs and put one around her back and gently lifted her off the bean bag. Kiara shuffled around a little as she got comfy and she placed her head on my shoulder "Want me to carry her to your car?"
"She's comfy so I guess I have no choice. I'm just going to say bye to Ban if you don't mind waiting a moment?"
"Not at all" I smirked. I watched Ellie stroll off towards Ban. Ellie made him jump as she tapped his shoulder. Ellie pointed at me. He hugged her bye and then looked at me in surprise. I nodded at him as if to say bye. He waved us off as Ellie came back to me.

Ellie led me to her car where I put Kiara in her car seat and Ellie locked her in.
"Thank you" Ellie smiled and she gently shut the car door.
"It's fine. Right take care and I guess I will see you around. Oh and remember my offer to come work at my tavern is still open" I put my hands behind my head. Ellie's face looked like she had seen a ghost "You told me that you worked as a nurse at the local hospital, I saw on my newsfeed that it has shut down its maternity ward"
"Kinda sucks really. I enjoyed it there" Ellie placed her back against the car.
"Offers open. I can give you a trial on Monday after you drop the little one off at school"
"Guess you will have to find out Monday if I take you up you your offer. Goodnight Meliodas" Ellie smiled as she got into her and drove off. I watched her car disappear into the darkness.
"Good night Ellie"

"Does this mean that you're going to dump Zaneri? So you can try and get with Ellie?" A voice spoke. I spun around and saw Ban lingering in the shadows.
"Even if I did dump Zaneri and wanted to pursue Ellie, I doubt Ellie will see me in that way" I sighed as I looked down at the floor.
"You will never know till you try. Get to know her. But please, Just don't hurt her. You may be a demon prince and my best friend but I will kick your ass" Ban warned.
"Do you think she will take the offer of working at The Boar Hat?"
"I don't know. Depends on what you will have her doing. When it comes to men, She's only comfortable with me and King" Ban put his hands in his pockets.
"She could work behind the bar with me. King and Diane can wait on tables" I crossed my arms. Ban rubbed his chin.
"Diane said she used to work in the student bar so she has some experience in that area. Mael used to go there every day just to see her"
"How did Ellie meet Mael?" I wondered as we walked back to the garden.
"Diane and Elaine introduced him. They went to school with him and apparently, he was a right charmer and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it"
"Wonder what happen to him to make him flip his lid" I muttered.
"I personally think that he was always a dickhead but was excellent at hiding his true colours"
"Do you know anything about him?" I cocked my head to the left.
"All I found out about him was that his younger brother got adopted but he didn't. Mael was left alone in the care home" Ban clicked his tongue. Ban runs the local thieves guild and knew everything about everyone. Quite handy if you think about it.
"What care home?" I raised my eyebrow.
"The local one. The same one your folks got Estarossa from" Ban replied as I started to piece the facts together.
"King said that Mael looked liked Estarossa. Dad said that Estarossa had a brother but they weren't allowed to adopt him" I looked at Ban.
"Did Bard say why?"
"Estarossa didn't want him to go with them. He was sick of living in his brother's shadow" I stated.
"So Mael got rejected and flipped. Wow, even Kiara is more mature them him" Ban blow a puff of air. I agreed as my phone pinged. I looked at the screen.
"If things couldn't get any more complicated. Estarossa's coming home from University next week"