Chapter 38

- Ellie's Pov -

We were now on the boat. Estarossa had just been by with Scorpio to pick up little Zelda and take her back to Zeldris and Gelda. I was sitting with Diane, Elaine and the 3 babies. Kiara was sat at the table, Helping Libra and Cancer design the Zodiac's garden. She was in her element.
"That girl is going to be a designer when she is older" Diane smiled as she fed her babies.
"Ain't she already?" Elaine laughed as Kiara pointed to a picture. Though her head kept snapping towards us. Think she was making sure I was still here.
"If I wasn't there at the birth, I would say she ain't 5" Diane yawned "I wonder what Meliodas and the other two are planning?"
"I dread to think" I smirked. I then put my hand on my stomach "Erugh. Ship ain't moving and I feel sick"
"That ain't like you. Did you eat anything when you were at the castle?" Elaine said as she put a hand on my head "No fever"
"Come to think of it, No I didn't. I must just be hungry" I shrugged as I got up to walk to the table.
"Okay, Libs. We need this over here and that over there. Ooh, do you want a sandpit? Everyone loves a sandpit" Kiara clapped her hands.
"More like you love sandpits" I smiled as I grabbed a box of strawberries from the table. As I munch on the berries, Kiara kept looking at me funny. As did Diane and Elaine "Why is everyone looking at me funny?"
"Mummy, I thought you didn't like strawberries?" Kiara tilted her head at me. I stopped mid-bite.
"I don't. I am just that hungry" I mumbled. Kiara's head snapped again.
"What is that sound?!" Kiara put her hands over her ears. I put the strawberries down and knelt next to Kiara.
"What sound? We can't hear anything" I rubbed the sides of her arms.
"It's like a... a... Oh, what is that bird from Pocahontas? Their wings" Kiara winced as she clicked her fingers "It's so loud!" The boat started rocking. I looked out at the water and saw small waves forming.
"Kiara, You need to block the sound out!" Libra shouted as Cancer grabbed her hand to stop her from falling. He then fumbled in his pocket.
"How? It is so loud!" Kiara cried.
"Kiara, You need to calm down, You're making the water rock the boat and it will tip over. Don't forget that the babies are on board" I reminded her. Kiara nodded. She was really trying.
"It's still loud" Kiara rubbed the sides of her head.
"Try this. Concentrate on the music" Cancer said as he put headphones on Kiara's ears and played some music for her. I don't know what music he was playing but Kiara soon calmed down. As did the river.
"Well done Cancer" Diane patted his shoulder "How did you know what to do?"
"Capricorn's son, Has Autism. He uses music to calm down. Thought it would work with this little lady" Cancer beamed.
"I didn't know Capricorn had a son?" Diane tilted her head "Did she have him with Leo?"
"Yep. He is 5" Cancer smiled.
"Did he go to Kiara's school?" I wonder.
"Nope. He goes to Special Needs school on the other side of town" Cancer pointed to the west.
"I really thought you and Capricorn were together" Elaine stated "You guys seem suited for each other"  Cancer huffed as he faced the water.
"Leo and Capricorn have been together for 10 years. 11 this coming Christmas" Cancer folded his arms. Libra pulled a face, Bit her lip and looked away.
"I always thought you were her boyfriend" I muttered. Cancer shook his head.
"Nah. We are close but she will never see me that way" Cancer looked away. He gazes at the water. Kiara was dancing away to some song "The water is now calm"
"You're in love with my sister, Ain't you?" Libra did this weird smile. The one where your lips don't part and you look a little sad.
"Yeah, I think you supernatural beings call it, Mate. I have been in love with Capricorn for years. But she is in love with Leo who just happens to be my best friend of 20-something years" Cancer leaned on the side of the boat "She'll never see me that way"
"Cancer, Capricorn isn't dating Leo. They split up 3 years ago. They act like they are dating for the sake of their son" Libra smirked. Cancer's head shot up.
"They never said anything" He stuttered "Why did they split?"
"They wanted different things. He wanted one kid and she wants marriage and more babies" Libra shrugged "You could offer her those things. After all, You are better suited for Capricorn"
"Yeah, Just go for it. Even if she never feels the same for you, You have to find out if you had a chance. Besides, Your friendship is strong enough to get over this" Diane cheered as she put Adam in his half of the pram.
"But isn't this breaking the guy code? Never go for your best friend's ex" Cancer waved his hand.
"Yes but Leo is an ass. Doesn't count. I will say this though. A certain little Vampire told me that Capricorn has a thing for you and that might also be why she dumped Leo" Libra muttered loudly.
"Capricorn likes me? As in likes, likes me?" He stuttered.
"Were you really so blind to see it? She will kill me for this but Cap has been in love with you since she met you but went for Leo because she didn't think she had a chance with you" Libra did a toothy grin.
"Even we can see that you guys love each other" Diane put her hands on her hips.
"Go to her. I'll get Aries to keep Leo busy" Libra wiggled her phone in her hand. Cancer tried to stop a grin from forming on his face. He knelt down to Kiara and took her headphones off.
"Feel better?" He tilted his head at her.
"Yeah. Thank you" Kiara hugged him. Cancer hugged back.
"That's alright. I need to go take care of something. Keep out of trouble"
"Don't get lost" Kiara grinned as Cancer jumped off the boat. He started running towards the other side of town.
"That has to be the fastest I have ever seen him move" Libra grinned. She then pulled her phone out of her pocket "I better warn Capricorn"
"I wouldn't. Be funny to see what happens" Diane smiled.
"I'm going to go draw" Kiara smiled.
"I better order her an MP3 player. Diane, Got any ideas on what to get her?" I turned my head to Diane to already find her on her phone.
"Sending you the detail now. Already paid for it. You have to pick it up tomorrow" Diane put her phone away.
"What did you order?" Elaine quizzed. I grabbed the strawberries and started eating them again.
"Just a Sony one. It's about 70 quid" Diane shrugged "And no, I don't want the money. I'll charge the Captain for it later"
"Thank you"
"Now the bigger question, Why are you eating strawberries" Diane clapped her hands together.
"I don't know. I was hungry and now they just smelled good" I replied.
"But you hate strawberries. You couldn't be around me when I was eating them" Elaine floated around.
"So?" I did that little head wiggle that most people do when they are confused.
"Oh, god's sake. Ellie, Diane thinks you're pregnant" Elaine blurted out. I started choking on my food.
"I can't be. We were safe" I put the food down.
"Condoms are only 98% effective. If you are then it would explain why Kiara could hear hummingbirds' wings. She heard mine and Diane's baby's heartbeats. So, Let's work this out. How long has it been since your last period?" Elaine crossed her legs as she sat on a chair.
"What's the date?" I responded.
"27th" Libra shouted as she sat with Kiara.
"Thanks" I started counting on my fingers. My mouth dropped "I'm 4 days late"
"TO THE SHOPS!" Diane exclaimed "Libra, It's been fun. Let us know how Cancer and Capricorn get on"
"Kiara! Come on. We need to go to the shops" I spoke as I put my jacket on.
"Why?" Kiara grabbed her stuff.
"I need nappies for the twins" Diane lied.
"Libs. Call my Mummy later and we will talk about the garden" Kiara high-fived Libra.
"You got it, Shortround" Libra grinned. She put a thumbs up to us all. Diane warned her to keep quiet about what she heard today. Libra gulped and said she would keep stumped.