Chapter 9

- Diane's Pov -

"Erugh!" I moaned as I threw my phone down on my dresser "Wish that bastard would answer his phone!" It has been around 6 weeks since Meliodas flipped out. No one has seen him. I tried calling him and so has Ban. Meliodas still hasn't answered. King never rings anyone so he never bothered to. Believe me when I say I have tried. The only one that Meliodas will speak to is Zeldris. Me, King and Ban haven't worked a single shift in weeks. Thank god for the new 'delivery' that came in the other week. Sorted the bills out for another few months. I say a few months, More like the rest of the year. Oh, The joys of working for a gang.
"Babe! Are you ready? We need to get to Ban's for Ellie's party!" King shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Oh right, We have planned a surprise birthday party for Ellie. Quite handy that it is on a Friday night. Ban has been building a new decking area so we have a new place to watch movies.
"Coming!" I grabbed my phone and raced down the stairs. We figured Ellie was in need of a good time as she has been at an all-time low. Mael got bail and is wandering the streets. He doesn't know who Ellie is. He's now hooking up with Zaneri on a more public basis. No wonder the Captain doesn't want to show his face "You got Ellie's present?"
"Yep. Already waiting in the car" King grinned as he nodded "Still no word from the Captain?" King pointed to my phone.
"No. No luck. Might just have to get Ban to kick the door down" I mumbled. I was really worried about Meliodas. He may be my boss but he is also a dear friend.
"Ban will be up for that. Get him to do it after the party" King agreed as he locked up the house. We walked hand in hand down the garden path. We jumped in the car and drove to Ban's house "He's never been this affected by anyone"
"I know. I got a feeling he Zinged" I leaned my head on the window.
"Zinged? What?" King pulled a confused face at me.
"You watched Hotel Transylvania. Love at first sight" I explained as I grinned.
"We really need to get the Captain out of his pit. You have watched way too many films. I had expected you to quote Friends" King rolled his eyes as he cupped my chin.
"Oh, you mean the lobster quote. I was tempted by that but I thought you would moan at the thought of me mentioning Friends"
"You have watched every episode and series" King pulled a side grin at me. I was about to speak when King's phone started ringing "Will you check to see who that is?"
"What do you want Ban?" I responded before Ban could even speak.

- Ban's Pov -

"Elaine! Have you seen the birthday banners I brought last week?!?!" I yelled from the garden. Elaine stuck her head out the bedroom window.
"For the last time, They are in the pink gift bag where we keep the other bloody banners!" Elaine snapped. She seems more snappy lately. Hope she is feeling okay. Elaine shut the window with a thud. I rolled my eyes.
"Jeez, Louise. Wish you would take a chill pill" I muttered to myself. I walked back into the house and looked in the bag. Elaine was right, The banners were in here. I was about to go back into the garden again when I heard Elaine run to the bathroom. I could hear Elaine vomiting "Elaine?" I called as I put the banners on the table and ran upstairs. I heard Elaine puke again. I guess this is why she is so snappy. She wasn't feeling well.
"Go away! You don't need to see this!" Elaine said as she hurled again. I walked up behind her and pulled her hair into a ponytail.
"Really think puking is going to make me leg it? I'm immortal. I have seen worse. Besides, the only thing that scares me, Is your wind power" I used my free hand to rub Elaine's back "Now, Do you have a hair bobble? I feel as if I am about to yank a chunk of your hair out" I asked as Elaine held up her left wrist.
"Always carry -" Elaine was cut off as she hurled again. I quickly pulled her hair into a low ponytail. Now both hands were free. I grabbed a cup from the window sill and filled it with water.
"I'm just gonna call Diane or King. Whichever comes first on my list. Tell them to walk on in" I pulled out my phone and looked at the recent calls "Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap, Cap. Ah, Old Fart" Here we go. I put the phone on speed dial. 10 seconds after ringing, Someone picked up.
"What do you want Ban?" King answered.
"Well hello to you too. Just letting you know, You're going to have to walk in. Kinda in the middle of something" I stated as Elaine retched again.
"We just pulled up and what's wrong?" Diane asked as King honked the horn "King. I just said we pulled up did you really have to honk the horn" Diane scolded. King muttered sorry.
"Elaine is... urm throwing up" I admitted as Elaine hurled.
"ETA 1 mins. Hanging up" Diane said as I heard the car door slam. I put my phone in my back pocket. Elaine retched.

"This has got to end soon" Elaine spat. I took the cup and handed it to her.
"Try and drink some water, baby," I said softly as Elaine sipped the water. I heard the front door open and someone running up the stairs. I stuck my head out a little and saw Diane.
"King says hi and he doesn't deal with this situation very well. Right, Want me to take over?" Diane stood outside the door.
"Please. I need to get the banners up" I stood to the side.
"You still not done that?" Diane put her hands on her hips. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I haven't really had the time as I have been making food and building the new decking" I walked downstairs and noticed that the banner bag was missing. I walked out into the garden and saw King using that pillow bear of his doing my job.
"Nice job on decking though you should have had these banners up by now" King frowned at me. I rolled my eyes. Is it pick on Ban day?
"Hey, I have been busy. What time is Ellie due?" I put my hands in my pockets.
"In about 20 minutes" King looked at his watch "Have you told her that her father wants her to go to the castle next week?"
"Yes. I told her. She told me to tell Bartra, That She has no intention of becoming a princess or a consort to the Demon that hates Goddesses. Unless he apologizes" I nodded as I set up the projector.
"Speaking of the Demon that hates Goddesses, Have you heard from him yet?" King asked as I let out a sigh.
"Nope but my spies have said he is at his flat and only leaves to get food"
"Both Meliodas and Ellie have had a strange effect on each other. Diane and I have a theory of why that is" King floated in the air as he hung lanterns in the overhanging tree.
"I wanna quote that Hotel Transylvania film. They Zinged" I did the air quotes to go with that. King agreed and asked how I guessed "Simple. They are going nutty and miserable without each other. Like Dracula did when he met that Van Helsing chick but she claimed she never liked him. Plus Diane already told me this the other night"
"You watch too many movies" King stated "So what do we do? Both are stubborn as each other"
"I'm going to kick the door down at the Boar Hat and drag his sorry ass here. Make them talk. Otherwise, it will be another Holy War. The world is already going to shit. We don't need one" I crossed my arms "After Ellie's party of course. Now, Let's get these decs done and dusted as I need a beer"

- Kiara's Pov -

"Kiara! Come on! We need to go! Uncle Bonbon and everyone is waiting!" Mummy said from the hallway. I was in the front room, finishing the drawing I made. It was for her birthday. I drew her smiling. I want my mummy happy again. I made her sad. I was the one who told Meliodas that we are Goddesses. I need to fix it. But I don't know how "Kiara! Come along! We are going to be late!" I grabbed my bag and my pictures.
"Coming Mummy!" I ran into the hallway "I was just finishing my picture" I grabbed Mummy's hand and we left the house. Mummy helped me into the car and we drove to Uncle Bonbon's house. I think I have a plan but I can't tell anyone. I need to do this by myself. I need to go find Meliodas.

- Ellie's Pov -

It was quiet when we arrived at Ban's house, Oddly quiet. Diane had texted and said that they were already in the garden. I grabbed Kiara's hand as we walked into the garden. I couldn't hear anyone and it looked kinda dark.
"Mummy, Are you sure we are at the right house? It's quiet. I can't hear Uncle Old Fart trying to kill Uncle Bonbon"
"I know what you mean. Hmm. Let's go into the garden and find out what is going on" I smiled. We went through the open fence "Ban? Diane? King? Elaine?" I called out. Kiara and I went to where Ban had built the new decking.
"SURPRISE!" Everybody shouted as I was covered in confetti. Kiara was giggling away as Elaine was still sprinkling pink confetti all over her.
"Happy birthday!" Diane hugged me, As did King.
"Were you surprised?" Elaine said while helping Kiara grab some confetti so she makes a pretty picture later.
"God yes. I feel as if I am having a heart attack" I put my hand on my chest. I soon felt warm and glowy. I looked at everyone and they weren't doing anything. Ban then looked down.
"Kiara?" He said as we all followed his gaze. My eyes went wide. Kiara's eyes were Orange. Her powers had awoken. At 4 years old!
"Kiara? Why are you healing me?" I knelt down in front of her. She soon stopped and her eyes returned to normal.
"My teacher said that if someone is having a heart attack then they are in pain and need fixing as soon as possible" Kiara smiled brightly "Did I do it wrong? Are you still in pain? Do I need to do it again?" Kiara started to panic.
"No baby. I am okay now. Just be careful with that power. Some people don't like our powers" I cupped her cheeks. Kiara nodded and smiled.
"Can we watch a movie now?" Kiara tilted her head.

We have now watched 2 movies now and ate a lot of food. Kiara had gone to the loo. Ban was fiddling with the projector so we could watch one more movie.
"Kiara's taking a long time. She's probably watching cartoons" Elaine noted. I wasn't convinced. I pouted as I stood up. I took a walk into the house. I looked in the front room. She wasn't in there.
"Kiara?! Are you okay up there?" I shouted at the bottom of the stairs. Silence. I went up the stairs. I had expected to find Kiara asleep on the loo (Not the first time) but when I pushed the door open. I did not expect to find what I did. The toilet was empty "KIARA!" I screamed as I ran back downstairs. I was still screaming Kiara's name.
"Ellie? What's going on? Why are you all in a state? Why are you calling Kiara?" Diane grabbed my shoulders to stop me from running around. My screams had gathered the attention of the others.
"Kiara's gone"