Chapter 12

- Diane's Pov -

"So he's been sulking all this time?" I questioned as I flopped on Elaine's sofa. Ban was sitting in his old man's chair (The high-back one). He had a cup of tea in his hand as it was only 10 in the morning. Ban rang me this morning and told me everything that Meliodas told him "And he has found his mate. Who is she?"
"He said he wouldn't tell till he's told her" Ban sipped his tea. I stared at him. I couldn't ask Elaine to read his mind as she went out this morning to go shopping with King. I think he knows. Best friends tell each other everything.
"You know who it is, Don't you?" I frowned.
"Nope, not a clue. I don't know anything" Ban said with a dead face. I'll get the truth one way or another. I stared at Ban once again. I narrowed my eyes at him.
"What do you know?"
"The Captain is taking Ellie and Kiara to the beach for the afternoon" Ban sipped his tea "He wanted to make it up to her for being a dick"
"Hmmm. When the fairies get back, Shall we crash their play date?" I grinned.
"I would but I want Ellie to get to know him. After all, Bartra wants them to two to date and stuff"
"Since when do you care what Bartra wants?" I raised my eyebrow at him. If the Captain has found his mate then why is he spending the afternoon with Ellie? It then clicked "Hang on? Is Ellie the Captain's Mate?"
"I ain't saying nothing" Ban placed his cup on the coffee table. He had that 'I know everything' smirk on his face.
"That's why you care what Bartra wants" I lent back in the chair. I know I wanted to hook Meliodas and Ellie up but I didn't expect it to happen like this "Wow. Is that why he has been avoiding her?"
"Pretty much. He said it was a different feeling from what he had with Zaneri. It feels deeper and was instant and frankly, it scared him"
"The Captain got scared? Must be serious then"
"Zeldris called him a drama queen" Ban chuckled.
"He ain't wrong. So what is he going to do?" I crossed my legs.
"He doesn't know. Think he's gonna wing it" Ban shrugged.
"Never a good sign" I mumbled. Ban was about to speak when my phone started ringing.
*RING*RING*RING*
After my phone made me and Ban jump, I stared at the screen and saw that Capricorn was ringing me. I frowned.
"Since when does Capricorn ring people?" Ban quizzed.
"Never. I better answer it" I put the call on speaker "Hello?"
"Is the number for Diane Birchwood?" Capricorn answered.
"Yes. What do you want Capricorn?"
"I am ringing on behalf of Libra. She needs to speak to the Seven Sins and possibly The 10 Commandments about the Pendragons situation"
"What do you know about the Pendragons?" Ban asked.
"Oh hello, Ban" Capricorn stuttered. She used to have a thing for Ban. Till he got with Elaine and Capricorn met her other half Leo "Well. I know they are from Camelot, They are under the thumb of Uther Pendragon"
"Do you know why they are in Liones?" Me and Ban asked at the same time.
"From what Cancer and Leo could gather, They are making sure the area is safe"
"I dread to think why" I groaned. I hated the Pendragons. Well, all but one.
"Uther must be visiting within the next week or so" Ban rubbed his face "Capricorn, Do you know why he is visiting?"
"No, but Libra does. Hence why she needs to speak to you" Capricorn told us.
"Where and when?" I asked. I heard Capricorn ask Libra "Why won't she tell us over the phone?"
"It's better in person apparently. Balls ache, I know. She said to meet her at The Zodiac's Bar around seven this evening. Please bring whoever you want" Capricorn instructed. I heard Libra shout something.
"What is Libra bitching at?" Ban pondered.
"If Ban and Meliodas are... what?... Oh shut up sis. If Ban and Meliodas are coming please make sure they are sober. We don't want a repeat of the previous incident" Capricorn spoke as Ban winced and hid his face.
"Do I even want to know?" I folded my arms.
"Free drinks night" Ban shrugged.
"You broke protocol number 25!" Capricorn raised her voice.
"Seriously?! We cheated death that night and you are complaining about protocol?" Ban argued.
"It's alright for you! You are immortal!"
"I don't see what you are complaining about! You're a vampire!"
"On a scale of One to Ten, How dangerous was the night?" I wondered.
"For me, about a two. For you guys, I'd say about an Eight. Nine if you forget to eat first"Ban replied.
"It was your idea to go for a midnight drive"
"Yeah, And your driving really makes a guy like me appreciate being indestructible"
"Will you guys stop!" I heard a male shout from Capricorn's side.
"Sorry Cancer"
"I ain't sorry! she started it" Ban snapped.
"You will be when I am done with you! Now Capricorn, hang up. We have orders to do"
"Fine. See you at seven"
I heard a beep and the phone call ended. I glared at Ban.
"King is going to be thrilled," I said with a slight hint of sarcasm.
"Yeah. I'll go ring Merlin" Ban stood up and walked into the hallway. I fiddled with my phone. I really didn't wanna tell King but he needs to know.

- Elaine's Pov -

King floated behind me as we went to the pharmacy. I haven't been feeling right for the last week.
"Why did you want me to come with you? Surely Ban or Diane would have been better? I could be sleeping right now" King moaned as he yawned.
"Diane would have gone all Diane and I don't know how Ban would react to me saying I need a pregnancy test"
"Considering you guys have been together for 5 years..ish. He might be happy" King rubbed his eyes.
"We never talked about kids. Like ever" I waved my arms in the air.
"We get this test and IF it comes back positive, ask him how he feels about kids. That's the only way you are going to know your answer" King put his arms behind his head "Main question though, How do you feel about having kids?"
"Honestly, I have no idea. I never thought it would happen. I'm a fairy and he is human. I was born from a plant and he is carried by his mother for 9 months"
"We ain't much different from humans. We just have wings and never age"
"How would our races even work? Wouldn't it look weird"
"If I had to guess. If it was a girl, She would look like you with Ban's eyes and hair. If it was a boy then he would like Ban with your eye colour and hair"
"Guess that ain't too weird" I mumbled. We were now standing outside the pharmacy.
"Don't be nervous. It will be fine" King grabbed my hand "I'll wait out here. Do you want anything from the food court?"
"Breakfast bagel with 2 hash browns, please. I'll be out after I do the test" I smiled as I went in the door.

10 minutes later, I walked out of the pharmacy. I could barely walk so I decided to fly. I found King waiting by the fountain. He was on the phone.
"I hate working with The Zodiacs. Why do they even want us there?" King complained "So the moment Libra clicks her fingers we go running. Typical. Have you told the Captain?"
"Is everything all right?"I asked as King nodded. I knew of King's side job. The Seven Sins worked for the King and Queen of Liones as did The 10 Commandments and The 12 Zodiacs. They were needed to keep the streets safe but as far as other gangs know, The Sins were the most ruthless bastards ever created.
"He's on a play date with Ellie and Kiara?" King frowned. I looked over at him "And Ellie is The Captain's mate?" I put my hands over my mouth to stop myself from squealing.
"Oh my god!"
"Yes, that is Elaine squealing. We are at the food court. I was hungry. We only got here 20 minutes ago. Okay, see you in 10. I love you. bye-bye" King hung up and then groaned.
"What's going on?"
"The Zodiacs wants the Sins to be at their bar for 7 tonight. There's another gang in Liones. We don't know their intentions. Yet" King stared at the floor.
"Can never be good when them 12 goons are involved" I put my hand on his shoulder. King put his hand over mine.
"Never. Anyway, What did the test say?"

- Meliodas's Pov -

I woke up around 10. Despite it being a late night, I slept pretty well, Ban left around 3 this morning. He'll be fine, Dude can live on about 4 hours of sleep. I jumped out of bed and went to the en-suite. I looked in the mirror and saw what Ban was talking about. I did look like shit. My hair was more sticky up than normal.
"They say bed hair is bad. No one ever mentioned sofa hair" I chuckled as I turned on the shower. I ran a brush through it and got out the knots. Let me tell you that hurt. Once I know the water had heated up, I jumped in. The water felt good against my skin. I heard my phone go off a few times. I scrubbed the shampoo and conditioner in my hair and scrubbed the hell out of my scalp. I rinsed it off and wash my skin in the Lynx excite. I love the smell of this one. I rinsed off the bubbles and turned off the water. I wrapped a towel around my waist and went back into my room.
"What to wear today?" I asked myself. I looked out the window and the sun was cracking the pavements. I decided on dark blue denim shorts, a Tight white t-shirt and white trainer socks. Grabbed a random pair of boxers. Normally, I would wear black clothes but I couldn't be bothered. I laid the clothes out on the bed and dried off. I put the bottom half of my clothes on and went back to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror again and I didn't look so bad. I quickly ran a razor over my face to get rid of my wispy hair strands. I could never grow facial hair. Zeldris can though he looks like an idiot. sprayed some deodorant and went back to the bedroom. I put my shirt on and my silver watch. I was about to close up the wardrobe when I saw a small silver box in the back. I grabbed it and opened it. It was the ring that I was supposed to give Zaneri. I snapped the box shut and threw it back in the wardrobe. I'll take it to the pawnshop on Monday. I don't want it in my house any longer than it should be. I looked at the time. It was gone 11. I had to be at Ellie's for 12 and I still haven't had breakfast.
"Shit, I better get some food" I rushed to the kitchen and made some Frosties.

Once I had finished my cereal and Went downstairs to the bar. This is where I found Zeldris sitting with Estarossa and Gelda. Estarossa was the first to spot me. He did an elbow nudge, whispered to Zeldris and pointed at me. Zeldris's head spun to me and he grinned.
"Finally crawled out your pit then" Zeldris held his hand up for a high five. I smacked his hand and sat at the bar. I placed my keys and wallet on the counter "And you don't smell like a pig's pen"
"Oh leave him alone, Zel" Estarossa teased.
"Thank Estarossa" I spoke as he poured me some orange juice.
"You know it ain't his fault for the way he acted. Our big brother is in love" Estarossa made kissing sounds.
"Why did you have to tell him? Every day, He does this" I muttered to Zeldris.
"Cause I could. It is my right as you brother" Zeldris smirked and joined Estarossa in making sounds. I put my head on the table. I then heard two smacks and both boys shouting OW multiple times. I looked up and saw Gelda holding their ears. I had to bite my lips to stop myself from laughing.
"Now you two boys will apologize to your brother" She scolded.
"Sorry Meliodas" My brothers cried as Gelda let go of their eyes.
"It's fine" I waved it off.
"Did you get Diane's text? We are Sins and commandments are wanted at the Zodiac's bar for 7" Zeldris sipped his apple juice.
"Why?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Something about the Pendragon's gang being in Liones" Estarossa replied. There's that name again. Pendragons. They were the ones who made Diane freak out.
"Hmm. I'll be there. Right after I spend the afternoon with Ellie and Kiara"
"Speaking of whom, What time are you meeting them?" Gelda asked as I looked at my watch. I grabbed my keys and wallet. I jumped off the barstool.
"In 20 minutes. I better get going. Don't break my bar!" I called as I rushed out the door. I skipped to my car and drove to Ellie's. I was really looking forward to this day. I had to tell Ellie about Estarossa today. Ban did offer but I thought it best coming from me. And if I have the balls to, I will tell her that I might have fallen in love with her and that she is my mate but that can wait till the end of the day.