3: Whipped

Quirk: Shadow Control

 Saying that I had a crush on Shoto Todoroki was an understatement. For the past few months I had been head over heels for the oblivious boy, but I was too self conscious to do anything about it. My best friend, Tsuyu, was desperately trying to get me to tell him how I feel, but each time I said no.

Despite me not meaning it to turn out this way, it was no secret that I had fallen for him. Everyone in the class could tell, and I think even Aizawa could tell by the way I'd watch Todoroki during training, or always ask to be in his group whenever we were doing group exercises. Kaminari would always like to tease me whenever I was busy staring at Todoroki during our training, something which Tsuyu would often hit him for as she was protective over me due to my awkwardness and self consciousness.

During classes Bakugou would scoff at me and call me a creep whenever he saw me staring at Todoroki, which didn't help when I was trying to build up my confidence to admit my feelings to him. Thankfully though, Midoriya would always step in telling Bakugou not to be so mean, making Bakugou's attention turn from me to him.

It was time for training, so we all changed into our UA gym uniforms and headed to Gym Gamma. Aizawa announced that for a warm up we'd start by doing simple one on one battles, telling us all to get in pairs. I timidly approached Todoroki and asked him to be my partner, and to my surprise he accepted. "So for the first ten minutes just get warmed up by sparring with your partner. Then we'll get on with individual training," Aizawa called out to all of us tiredly.

Todoroki and I began our sparring match, my shadows battling against his ice. He seemed to be going easy on me which I didn't appreciate, so I brought out everything I could and managed to wrap my shadows around his arms. He seemed surprised, then decided to fight with all he had too. He broke my shadows as he shot ice from his body, and I quickly managed to defend myself by making a shadow wall.

For a few minutes it was a case of each other blocking and dodging the others attacks, until I decided to send a shadow behind a wall of ice he had created, the ice hiding my shadow. I kept him distracted by fighting him, and using other shadows to bait him into attacking. As quick as I could, once the shadow was close enough to him, I wrapped it around his throat, then encasing his entire body in the growing shadow, all apart from his head. I smiled at my success.

"Wow, well done," he praised making me blush.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"(y/n)?"

"Hm?"

"Could you retract your shadows?" He asked.

"O-oh! Sorry," I said awkwardly, pulling them away. It was then that Aizawa announced the ten minutes were up, and we all began the everyday training, working on our quirks individually until school was over.

Once we were all changed back into our uniforms, I walked with the girls back to the dorms. "So everyone's still up for the sleepover tonight, right?" Mina asked excitedly.

"Definitely," Toru squealed.

"I bought some snacks," I said.

"And I've got some drinks," Kyoka added.

"Great! Oh it's going to be so fun!" Mina bounced. When we reached the dorms Momo was adamant that we all had to do our homework set for us that day before we went to Mina's room for the sleepover, something which Mina groaned at. It thankfully wasn't long until we were all in Mina's room though, dressed in our pyjamas and eating pizza. We hadn't had a sleepover like this in so long, and it felt great.