43: Her Monthly Problem

Note: I think that header is absolutely PERFECT for this oneshot. Also sorry if he seems a bit out of character at any point, this one was surprisingly hard to write.

Quirk: Forcefield

- Todoroki's POV -

 It was morning and I awoke but kept my eyes shut, feeling the warmth of my girlfriends back pressed against my front, my arm wrapped around her protectively. It was the summer holidays so we were back home for a couple of weeks before the summer camp which was approaching. (y/n) and I had been together for two months now, having gotten together during our intern week. I had been intrigued by her since the beginning of the year but it wasn't until after the Sports Festival when I properly spoke to her. After that, we began to get closer and closer until one day during our interns, she surprised me by asking me to be her boyfriend.

- Flashback -

I was sat in the room on my own, Midoriya and Iida having been taken away for x-rays of their injuries. The cuts on my arm were now sewn up and being protected by a bandage. I looked down at my left side, the feeling of using my flames still being new to me.

Suddenly the slamming of the door opening made me jump out of my skin, and I snapped my head up to see (y/n) stood there, panting heavily. "(y/n)? What are you doing here?" I asked calmly.

"What do you mean 'what are you doing here'? I heard that you, Midoriya and Iida managed to get caught up in a serious fight! Are you okay?" She asked desperately, rushing over to the side of my bed. I blushed a little at her concern, a look of slight fear on her features as she looked at my arm.

"I'm okay (y/n), honestly," I assured her with a nod but she just sighed.

"What... what happened?" She asked carefully.

"We kinda had a run-in with the Hero Killer-,"

"You WHAT?!"

For the next ten minutes I had to explain to her what had happened, after all I couldn't bring myself to lie to her about how I had gained my injuries. She seemed shocked by the whole ordeal, and sighed dramatically when I had finished telling her everything. "Sorry if I scared you," I added quickly on the end. Her eyes softened but were still full of worry as they looked up from my injury.

"It's okay... I just- I'm glad you weren't hurt more," she mumbled and my eyes widened slightly. "I-I really care about you after all..."

"Huh?" I was slightly shocked by this statement. I looked down at my hand as she took it in hers. Her cheeks were flushed crimson, as were mine probably as I had come to the conclusion fairly recently that perhaps the reason my heartbeat quickened when she was around was because I had romantic feelings for her.

"T-Todoroki... I - er - I have these... these feelings for you," she mumbled even quieter and my eyes widened a little bit more. "Romantic feelings I mean..."

"You... you do?" I questioned carefully and she nodded timidly. "Well, I share your feelings," I admitted. She snapped her head up at me, a look of shock on her face. "What?"

"R-really?" She seemed surprised, which confused me.

"Yes," I said simply with a nod.

"S-so... will you be my boyfriend?" She asked, apparently still nervous.

"Yes," I said again, and she let out a light laugh and a sigh of relief. We spent the rest of the afternoon together, and to my surprise we ended up cuddling on the hospital bed.