42: Inexperienced

Warning! Slight angst? Maybe?  Also Shoto and (y/n) are third years.

Quirk: Carbon Armour

 I was naturally a timid and quiet girl who was constantly self-conscious about my looks, my quirk and my abilities, so when I realised I had a crush on the talented, smart and extremely attractive Shoto Todoroki, I became even more flustered. After almost a year of being head over heels in love with my classmate, Tsuyu had just about managed to convince me to approach him and ask him to be my boyfriend. The only reason I had the confidence to do this was because I had a good day training in heroics, but when he answered his dorm room door, I borderline froze.

Once I had stuttered out the question, telling him how much I liked him I remained frozen there until I heard him mumble a 'yes'. I couldn't quite believe it, so when I looked up at him to see him smiling, I almost feinted.

It had been two months since that day, and at first I felt incredibly proud of myself for having the guts to ask him, and incredibly happy that he accepted my feelings. We were together almost all the time, talking happily and getting on with each other well. I thought our conversations were intimate and personal, until one afternoon when we were in the common room sat with the rest of his close friends. He was talking to them in exactly the same way he'd talk to me, but I tried not to let that bother me and just brushed it under the carpet.

A week later however I started to feel as though I didn't have a boyfriend at all. One day on our walk to school I realised that we hadn't even held hands yet, so I glanced down to his and gently took it in my own. He stiffened up almost immediately, pulling his hand away and tucking it under his bag strap. I was quite shocked by this action, and it made me feel a little sad.

It was now a month into our relationship and this was where I really began to feel self-conscious. I was laying down on my bed, my head in my pillow as a voice inside my head kept on repeatedly telling me I wasn't good enough to do anything. Earlier that day, during a break in between classes, his friendship group and I were sat around Iida and Uraraka's desk. Smiling at my boyfriend, I spontaneously leant up and pecked his cheek lightly.

He stood up almost immediately, blushing bright red and his eyes wide. I looked at him, concerned. "I-I- I need to get a drink," he said rather quickly, bolting it from the classroom and down the hall. Sadness filled me as this was not the first time this had happened. Every time I had attempted to kiss him on the cheek he'd make up some excuse and leave.

As it reached the two month mark in our relationship, I laid upon my bed thinking back to all of these times: the times he'd talk to me as though I were just a friend, the times where I'd attempt to kiss him on the cheek and he'd run away, the times where I attempted to hold his hand or get physically close to him in any way and he'd just put distance between us. I thought that maybe getting a boyfriend would help me come out of my shell a little more, and I expected Shoto to be so much more supportive and at least treat me as though I was his girlfriend, rather than just another classmate.

Tears were leaking in my eyes as I realised that he was so obviously embarrassed by me, and that was why he didn't act as though we were together. Either that or he never liked me and was just going out with me because he pitied me. Whichever was the reason, I wouldn't be surprised, as who'd want me? I was nothing more then a burden, and Shoto was making that clear.

I had been thinking over the past couple of days that I was happier and a little less self-conscious before I was with him. Having someone I really liked, almost loved, never wanting to show any kind of emotion towards me hurt more then not having them at all, so perhaps it was best to go back to that, and officially break up. It wouldn't make any difference to him after all, it's not as if he cared enough to parade the fact we were together.