13: Fireworks

I've just seen that my first Todoroki oneshot collection has now got over 100k views, and I can hardly believe it! That was my first book on Wattpad, and I remember being incredibly nervous about publishing it, thinking it'd do well to reach 1k views. Not only has that book reached such an important milestone, but this book has reached 5k views! And, my MHA Character X Reader Oneshots has reached over 20k! I'm so unbelievably overwhelmed, I've loved everyones support, votes, follows and kind comments. Thank you to all of my amazing readers, I love you all.

Anyway, on with the oneshot...

Quirk: Cat

- (y/n)'s POV -

Toru, Mina and I were at my house in my room, getting dressed into our kimonos ready for the traditional festival taking place near UA. We were in our second year of UA, and currently it was the summer holidays so it was nice and warm, but the silk of our kimonos was nice and cool. The festival was one the entire class was looking forward to, even Bakugou was intrigued but that was probably only because of Kirishima's enthusiasm. There were to be plenty of food stalls, games, photo opportunities and there was even supposed to be a ceremonial dance in the evening, followed by fireworks.

Carefully I wrapped the silk around my body securing the robe, then putting a flower in my hair. "You look beautiful (y/n)!" Toru squealed excitedly. "You trying to impress anyone?"

"Hm? No, not particularly," I admitted, shrugging. Both Toru and Mina sent at each other smirks. "What?"

"What about Todoroki?" The pair asked and I rolled my eyes. "What? He really does like you!"

"Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I'm not dressing up for anyone in particular," I enforced.

"Well even if you aren't dressing up for anyone, I'm certain he'll still think you look beautiful," Mina teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Girls, the festival starts in fifteen minutes! We better hurry up!" Toru suddenly exclaimed, holding her phone out and showing us the time. Quickly I collected everything I would need for the evening together, put it in a small woven cross-body bag, and the three of us headed out towards the festival. As we approached it we saw more and more people heading in the same direction, all of the girls having dressed up in sweet kimonos, all of the guys dressed smart-casual.

"Lets go find the class!" Toru said, grabbing both of our hands as we entered through the specifically made torii, towards the large festival.

- Todoroki's POV -

I was nervous. My crush was going to be here soon, dressed in an undoubtedly gorgeous kimono which would only make her even more beautiful. A nudge on my arm brought me back from my thoughts and I looked down to see Midoriya with one eyebrow raised. "What?"

"There's no need for you to be so nervous Todoroki," he said. "I'm sure she'll be here soon."

"That's not what I'm worried about," I admitted.

"Why, do you think she'll bring a date?" He asked and my stomach dropped. I hadn't even thought of that possibility.

"I didn't... until now," I admitted.

"Oh... sorry," Midoriya said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. He was the only person I had actually told of my crush on (y/n), but a fair few others in the class had figured it out as I apparently stared at her more then I should. "Well... are you going to try and ask her out tonight? It'd probably be a good place to do it."

"I don't know Midoriya, I don't think she'd accept me," I admitted. "I don't know anything about relationships."

"It will all come naturally, Todoroki," Iida joined the conversation, him being one of the people that had figured out my crush. I sighed, seriously contemplating it as I was scared that soon my crush on the cat-quirked girl was going to turn into love.