40: Not What it Seems

Warning! Slight angst, nothing near as serious as the header makes out. Still, I'd class it as an angst but of course there's a happy ending. It's also a little long... whoops...

Requested by: something12345678hi 

Quirk: Hydrokinesis

 My boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki, and I were in different classes at UA, but we always made sure we spent plenty of time with each other. I was on the support course whilst he was in the first class of the hero course, but we'd always have lunch together, and we'd frequently visit his mum after school, then spend the evenings alone together outside one of our dorm buildings. Today was no different, we were currently sat in the grassy front garden of his dorm building, laying back on a picnic blanket and simply looking up at the stars whilst chatting away about anything and everything. It was a peaceful night, and spending company with him like this was so relaxing and perfect, but of course all of the began to change.

The next day I noticed students begin to act a little funny around me. They were whispering as I walked past, sending me odd looks. I was walking to my locker to change my shoes, when suddenly I heard a group of girls laugh nearby. The one in the middle of them who considered herself popular although I couldn't remember her name, stepped out in front of her little posse and walked directly towards me. "Hey (y/n), how are you and Shoto?" She asked in a mocking tone and I furrowed my eyebrows, not entirely sure on why she was asking that kind of question particularly in that tone.

"Erm... fine? Why?" I asked, evidently confused.

"Oh no reason," she said with an ugly smirk. "Oh, here he is now, hey Shoto," she jutted out her hip and battered her eye lashes at my boyfriend as he walked up towards the pair of us.

"Do I know you?" He asked and I tried to hold in my laugh. For a split second she looked hurt, but she covered it over with an ugly smirk.

"Aw, Shoto, you're so cute. I can't wait to see you again," she said in a sultry tone, annoying me a little as despite my relaxed and calm personality, I was still protective of my man. She flicked her hair, strutting away with her followers trotting behind her.

"Who was that?" Shoto asked me after kissing me on the cheek.

"Some girl from the business course I think," I said, shrugging.

"Come on, I'll walk you to class," he said, taking ahold of my hand and pulling me alongside of him. Over the next couple of weeks, the strange behaviour coming from the girls in school seemed to escalate as they repeatedly sent me odd looks.

I gripped onto Shoto's hand tighter as we passed a girl in the hallway who actually winked at my boyfriend and greeted him as we walked past her. He seemed uncomfortable, but I felt worse. It was painful seeing girls lusting after my boyfriend, but it was only a day later however that I heard about what was going on.

I had heard from a group of girls who weren't aware I was standing nearby, that apparently Shoto had been going round the school and hooking up with various girls during break times. A sharp pain went through my heart, however I knew Shoto better then anyone and I knew he'd never do anything like that. Plus there was not a single shred of evidence to back up this rumour, so that's simply what I wrote it off as.

I didn't know whether to talk to Shoto about it or not. He seemed to act as though nothing was wrong, which made me think that perhaps he hadn't heard the rumours. Still, they upset me no matter how much I tried to ignore them. Shoto spent the majority of break times with me, and plus I trusted him more than anything, but seeing girls smirking at him, calling him by his first name and coming up to flirt with him despite me standing right next to him hurt me quite a lot.