4: The Illegal Drug

Warning! This one is an angst, and is about (y/n) taking an illegal drug that is a fat burner. I had to do plenty of research for this oneshot, but the fat burning drug (y/n) gets is called Dinitrophenol. It's illegal and has many, many side effects. If this kind of topic is not for you then please don't read, I will completely understand. I don't want to upset any of my lovely readers! 

It also ended up being longer then expected so my apologies for that, when I started I just couldn't stop.

Quirk: Forcefield

 It was almost midnight as I sat staring at my computer screen in my dorm room of Heights Alliance. For the past few weeks I had been wondering whether to purchase this illegal fat eating drug or not, as recently my self consciousness of my weight had unquestionably increased and I don't know why. It wasn't just my weight however, it was everything about me. I wasn't as sexy as Momo, as cool as Kyoka, as fun as Mina, as cute as Ochaco, as sweet as Tsuyu or as interesting as Hagakure.

The particular fat eating drug I was looking at was called Dinitrophenol, and it quickened metabolism as soon as ingested, however the website listed three side effects: headaches, fever and restlessness. 'That's not too bad,' I thought to myself. I knew however that if my boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki, found out I was taking the drugs he would freak out. I would have to keep them well hidden from him.

I finally caved and ordered some, the website then saying that I had to go to a specific location at 22:00 on this coming Friday to pick them up and would have to pay with cash. When it came to, I snuck out of Heights Alliance via my balcony, using my forcefield as steps down to the ground. I stayed alert as I headed to the specific location, the cash in my pocket. I waited in the alleyway, my heart beating incredibly fast as a man came out of a nearby door, carrying a bottle in his hand.

"The cash first," his deep and intimidating voice said.

"R-right," I muttered, pulling it out from the pocket and handing it over. Once he had finished counting it, he threw the bottle towards me. A second later, he vanished. I pocketed the drug and started walking back to the dorms, climbing into my room the same way I exited. Slowly I opened the pharmaceutical bottle and tipped out one of the oval shaped drugs. Breathing in deeply, I put it in my mouth and swallowed it with some water.

- Timeskip -

I had been taking the drug for about three weeks now, one everyday as advised on the bottle. I saw a difference in my body almost straight away, creating a boost in my confidence however some of the side effects I was experiencing were more severe then stated on the website. I felt nauseous almost every day, and I found training increasingly difficult as I would get out of breath incredibly quickly and my heart rate would excel to abnormal rates. The headaches were more like migraines and I was throwing up every couple of days. Despite all of this, I knew that if I wanted to remain skinny I had to keep taking the tablets.

"(y/n), are you alright?" Shoto asked me on the way to class one morning. I was stumbling around from the increasing dizziness I was feeling, but I tried my best to play it off cool.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, why?" I said.

"You just seem a little ill," he said, feeling my forehead but I brushed his hand away.

"Don't worry, I'm okay," I tried to say in my most convincing voice. I wasn't sure whether it worked or not; he didn't look satisfied with my answer but he didn't press on it. Throughout the ten minutes of homeroom, my dehydration (another side effect from the drug) caused me to drink my entire bottle of water. After homeroom we had a five minute gap to get to English, and during that time I had to fill up my water bottle.