5: The Illusion

Quirk: Bunny

 It was around dinnertime when my boyfriend finally made it back from his first day of licence exam training. I was glad he was back, but he told me of how apparently boring the day had been for him. "It's good to be back," he sighed, falling onto one of the sofas in the common room. I sat beside him, lifting my feet up and placing them across his lap, etching close enough to him to cuddle his side.

"Was it really that tiring?" I asked and he nodded. I cupped his cheek and turned his head towards me, then reaching up and pecking him on his lips. A few people awed as everyone in the class was down in the common room area, waiting for the arrival of Midoriya, Kirishima, Ochaco and Tsuyu.

Finally the four entered through the doors and immediately everyone sprang on them to make sure they were okay. Everyone was asking them questions about what had happened and the four seemed a little overwhelmed. Beside me, Shoto suddenly reached for his pocket and pulled his phone out. He stared at the screen then walked off silently, leaving me quite concerned. After a moment I decided to follow my boyfriend to check he was alright.

I found him at the front of Heights Alliance, clutching his phone in his hand. "Shoto? Are you alright?" I asked.

"Hm? Yeah, it's alright... it's just my dad. He's coming tomorrow, to watch the physical training," he said and I could see the conflicted feelings in his eyes. I hadn't met his father yet and I wasn't sure I wanted to after what Shoto's said about him. I didn't know what to say, so I simply took ahold of his hand tightly and brought my hand up to his cheek, rubbing my thumb against the bottom of his scar.

"You know you're going to do great tomorrow, even with your father there," I whispered and a small smile flickered on his lips.

"Are you still coming?" He asked, hopeful, and I nodded.

"Of course I am," I smiled brightly, standing on tip toe to kiss him sweetly. "I'll be there supporting you one hundred percent."

"That means a lot to me (y/n), thank you," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist. We shared one passionate kiss before deciding to head back into the warmth to check up on our friends. Shoto announced that he wanted to get an early night ready for his training the next day, but I knew the phone call with his father was still lingering on his mind.

- The Next Day -

As it was a Saturday I was able to go with Shoto and watch him. We still had to wear our uniforms however, and I was adjusting my tie as Shoto knocked on my door. "Ready?" He asked when I opened it.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked carefully.

"As I'll ever be," he shrugged. We met Bakugou down in the common room and walked out of Heights Alliance together to be greeted by All Might, Present Mic and a large coach, despite it just being us three. The ride there was short and quiet (except for Mic blasting his music), and we reached a large stadium that had been booked out to specifically help the few students who didn't pass the licence exam.

"(y/n), I'm afraid you can't go into the tunnels, it's for trainees only. The stands are that way," All Might said, stopping me from following Shoto.

"O-oh, okay," I mumbled.

"See you later, (y/n)," Shoto kissed me on the cheek making me smile and blush brightly.

"Good luck!" I called after him until he was out of sight. I followed the arrows leading towards the seats of the stadium. I was sat by myself, midway up the seats and I had a good look over the field. I saw All Might and Present Mic sat on the side next to mine, and there was also a Shiketsu student and teacher sat further along from them.